DeafHub.com

Info Officer

Reaction score
Hey! :)

I came to check out what else was happening in the Deaf online world, then figured, well, I may as well get some feedback about our site too :)

DeafHub.com launched the first stage, a deafness information wiki, at the end of last year. We are still building content for it, but when it reaches a critical mass we will look to develop other areas.

I guess it is worth posing the question(s) here...

• Is there an area of lack online for Deaf people?
  • If you were able to make a significant change to any of the sites currently online, what would you do?
  • is there value in presenting simple English reviews of research papers?

I look forward to hearing your opinions.

Regards
Cate

Where ASL info?
I don't see ASL there.. Seems you're not willing bring ASL info?
Sound like you're discriminate against Deaf Community?

Where ASL info?
I don't see ASL there.. Seems you're not willing bring ASL info?
Sound like you're discriminate against Deaf Community?
Actually, it's under "Sign Languages".

It's better to say "Sign Languages" than ASL. If he said "ASL", then he's not thinking about other sign languages that other people use. We have international members here and deaf is not only American. ASL is "American Sign Language". We have members here who use BSL or SEE or PSE. So, it's better to use "Sign Languages" than just "ASL". :thumb:

Also, he says that DeafHub is a wiki-site. So, it's based on what people donate... not his own.

So, if there's lack of information on ASL... then it's others that should be donating information. He can't do all the work himself. This is how Wikipedia works as well. :)

It's better to say "Sign Languages" than ASL. If he said "ASL", then he's not thinking about other sign languages that other people use. We have international members here and deaf is not only American. ASL is "American Sign Language". We have members here who use BSL or SEE or PSE. So, it's better to use "Sign Languages" than just "ASL". :thumb:

Also, he says that DeafHub is a wiki-site. So, it's based on what people donate... not his own.

So, if there's lack of information on ASL... then it's others that should be donating information. He can't do all the work himself. This is how Wikipedia works as well. :)

Thanks VamPyroX for helping out there .. yes, that's right, the sign languages are all together (or will be) because we are not an American site - we are international.

And yes, we are a wiki. To edit the information people will need to register (and I know that the register and login information is not very smooth yet - we are working on that), but once you have registered you can edit any of the wiki.

So if you see some information that is not finished, or you have some references, please feel free to add to what is there.

Or if it doesn't seem to be working for you, just let me know and I will check it out.

psst vamp... i know you and i think u should ought check this out. youd be good at it... if you have time. ;)

The site has a nice start. If you are trying to earn extra income from your site using Google Adsense, can I suggest that you place your ads above the fold, instead of waaaaaay at the bottom.

Also Google Adsense ads perform better when they do not have a visible border around them.

Ok, and you have double meta tag sets in your source code.

And for example:
<meta name="keywords" content="deaf, hearing loss, deafness, hearing impaired, hearing impairment, hard of hearing, deaf education, deaf culture, deaf community" />

Your keywords listed within your keyword meta tags are way too broad and not very focussed.

It will be harder for the Search Engines to list you with such general topics within your metas.

Your metas should be specifically about what the pages are about, and not the same general tags for every page. And again, you have duplicate tags.

One more thing - the words within your code in your metas must match the content on the body of your website pages. Right now they don't all match.

If you want more traffic, you are going to need a lot more links in, and pages indexed more properly. Submit an XML sitemap to the top 3 SEs as well.

Hope this helps! :)

Back