deafer than thou

Grummer said:
akhem,

read my post,

perhap you are jumping to conclusions, as does the 'deafer than thou' jumps to conclusions to believe 'hearier than thou' is a bad attitude, you see, I didn't, and yet i wrote (not clearly, got a bad headache from painting fumes) that I avoided the Deaf unit as much as i can (during Classtimes but play times, lunch times i loved their company but during the last 2 years at that primary school i was controlled thus shut off by the teachers...(that was cruel) and eventually moved to full mainstream. I wasn't a victim of my own bigotry or 'alternative bigotry' but the bigotry of the dominant' group's (hearings people) that not only wrecked me, but wrecked the harmony of the deaf community would have otherwise have had.

put it this way, its LOOKS like a 2-way street, but its not, it was orchestrated by the policy-makers from way above, systematically executed and the reinternation of this process is almost transparent, its devious.

My comment actually wasn't even directed at you, but your reply was an interesting read nevertheless.

Grummer said:
akhem,

read my post,

perhap you are jumping to conclusions, as does the 'deafer than thou' jumps to conclusions to believe 'hearier than thou' is a bad attitude, you see, I didn't, and yet i wrote (not clearly, got a bad headache from painting fumes) that I avoided the Deaf unit as much as i can (during Classtimes but play times, lunch times i loved their company but during the last 2 years at that primary school i was controlled thus shut off by the teachers...(that was cruel) and eventually moved to full mainstream. I wasn't a victim of my own bigotry or 'alternative bigotry' but the bigotry of the dominant' group's (hearings people) that not only wrecked me, but wrecked the harmony of the deaf community would have otherwise have had.

put it this way, its LOOKS like a 2-way street, but its not, it was orchestrated by the policy-makers from way above, systematically executed and the reinternation of this process is almost transparent, its devious.

Grummer.... you sounds like you had been frustrated with mainstreaming or to deaf school.... you sounds angry just like Sweetmind went through in her childhood.....I can understand how you feel....
SxyPorkie

SxyPorkie said:
Grummer.... you sounds like you had been frustrated with mainstreaming or to deaf school.... you sounds angry just like Sweetmind went through in her childhood.....I can understand how you feel....
SxyPorkie

well, yes, but i was naive and went thru it washed up, aka the old saying 'ignorance is bliss' , more on that i didnt questioned the school, parent, or system, i never questioned it, just plodded along, strived and tried hard to do well. So in retrospect, it turned out painfully embarrassing.
Wits was exchanged for conformity, in a losing game.

thats how it seemed to sum up for me.

What if?

Yesterday?s mongering now gone
And earned idleness at hand,
I sit to scan the mountain?s morn
As Ra begins his flaming brand
Upon all flowers, plants- and man.

Another day presents its plea
To use its time constructively
And ne?re to waste the moment?s plush
Or wonder how to join the rush
That tramples thought and flavor,
And prevents goodly, wistful savor

If I could hold my breath
(Not so long as Death)
but long enough to see...
Would Time then stop for me?

A mere second, a minute please...
To be all mine and not to ease
Away among the flow
That moves to go, to go....

Ah, what treasure then I?d have
To use it like a salve
When the sweep of passing on
Becomes the briefest song?
I?d use that moment then
To live life?s love again.

Kyte

kyte said:
Yesterday?s mongering now gone
And earned idleness at hand,
I sit to scan the mountain?s morn
As Ra begins his flaming brand
Upon all flowers, plants- and man.

Another day presents its plea
To use its time constructively
And ne?re to waste the moment?s plush
Or wonder how to join the rush
That tramples thought and flavor,
And prevents goodly, wistful savor

If I could hold my breath
(Not so long as Death)
but long enough to see...
Would Time then stop for me?

A mere second, a minute please...
To be all mine and not to ease
Away among the flow
That moves to go, to go....

Ah, what treasure then I?d have
To use it like a salve
When the sweep of passing on
Becomes the briefest song?
I?d use that moment then
To live life?s love again.

Kyte

Kyte... You had posted this poem or song in the WRONG thread...
SxyPorkie

Back