Deaf superiority?

Lukin, just to be sure, do exactly do you mean by ideology?

Ummm... let me think.

a philosophical mind-set view in which the 'doctrine' is used to enforce your thinking in how you see world.

sort of like social movement that followers uproot their beliefs.

ok...it has not to your experience to be something embodying a truth said to be emanicaptive? like there's a flaw...
Deaf people are encouraged to embrace ASL, BSL, NZSL, Auslan, etc etc but there's always a 'catch' right?
like the catch is 'access' and that 'access' is another political matter

which by cancels out the purpose of freedom by bring back in 'new rules', or rather, 'new barriers' , a barriers which is 'ethics' and 'bookings' the wating and the difficultiy to flow from one culture to another

is this what you thinking?

just curious

im talking about interpreters...(hearing)...and the hardening of deaf to say deaf by staying in their comfort zone too often?

You bring out good points.

Yes, I was thinking about 'access' as purely political instinct. But I wasn't thinking of the consequences... such as social associations that 'limit' the freedom of that very access... hmm..

You bring out good points.

Yes, I was thinking about 'access' as purely political instinct. But I wasn't thinking of the consequences... such as social associations that 'limit' the freedom of that very access... hmm..

Like I mentioned in the other post, people should read "Country of the Blind". Google it and pick a good text, it's just weird that if you substitute "blind" for "deaf" we'd have the culture you mean, a culture where deaf people are "normal" and people who hear are considered disabled or impaired :)

I had a weird dream that whole world all deaf. We had deaf Prez of USA, Deaf politicians, Deaf military ect.. Even animals too.. I mean everyone are deaf then one day baby was born and baby had hearing and we deafie consider them handicapped or abnormality. So we had to figure out how to work with hearing child. We basically teach them ASL and study them how they respond to loud noise with amazement.

I wish it happened in real life. I woke up and was disappointed that I had to come out of dream and get into real hard cold world.

Catty

Back