Deaf Pets

I had a Deaf chihuahua... Albert E. He passed away recently. R.I.P.

At my home, my roomate has her HOH kitty. At my mom's, she has her deaf kitty, be beware, that white kitty is a bit of odd, wild, and... sweet. :D

My neighbor used to have a blue eyed with pure white short hair cat. He was a beautiful cat, with his "interesting" personality, like tapping his shoulder (to tell him it's time to eat), that scared him, for example. He died of kidney failure a few years ago. :(

I used to have a jack russell named Allie. I saved her from a dog breeder that said they were going to kill her because she was deaf and she was also sick. I was so upset and I had to get her. Well it turns out after she was better that she wasn't deaf , she could hear perfectly well! so shame on that breeder!

I had cat who was born hearing until her age 15 years old...her hearing loss due of old age....she died at 20 years old. She was sweet gal.

I was thinking about buy the deaf kitten but I was too busy. But someday, I will get deaf kitten.

Deafbear

i visit shelter twice a week to help clean the cage and walk the dogs and pet the kitties. there is deaf cocker spaniel there! she is very sweet. she likes to carry a tennis ball around. but she is older. im trying to teach her signs. i hope she gets adopted into a good home soon!

I do... I have a pure white, blue eyed Siamese mix kitten (well she's in her 'teen' stage now LOL) She appears to be like my son, she seems to be able to hear certain pitches but most 'typical' sounds she is not able to hear... I got her as a rescue kitty knowing she was deaf... Flurry (that's her) is the same age as my son and I thought they may be able to be buddies as they grow up... when she came home w/us she was very shy and skiddish... but is now becoming more and more a part of the family...

She's a riot and a lot of fun, hearing or deaf!!!

yes, Deaf Dogs Education and Action Fund <deafdogs.org> - I've been on that site and spoken with people here whose dogs deaf. I am a trainer. Also,

Home, look for "why the deaf dog barks"

and Stacy's Wag'N'Train - Professional, Effective, Positive Dog Training in San Jose, CA - look for "training the deaf dog"

and Spirit of Deaf Dogs website/group in Colorado.

Teaching deaf and hearing dogs same if using positive reinforcement - show and reinforce what you WANT; prevent/manage/ignore what you DON'T want. Neither hearing dogs nor deaf dogs know or care about English or any other verbal language; dogs naturally understand and pick up visual cues MUCH better.

I have a young Deaf cat that I happen to be trying to find a home for, she is female she has green/grey eyes and... you guessed right... she is solid white! I want to find a good home for her with a Deaf family, I think she will be better understood and cared for by Deaf people. I live in east Tennessee, please contact me if you are interested or know someone who would be interested. thanks :ty: e-mail - moonwillow_84@hotmail.com

I forgot this thread. I have had a deaf rescue Pekingese for the past year. He is six years old now. :)

Back