• Yes. why not

Votes: 7 25.9%
  • No.

Votes: 9 33.3%
  • Maybe.

Votes: 11 40.7%

• Total voters
Here Botti.

Oh, he's a deaf kid. His feelings are hurt. I don't think he meant anything to you, and just meant God had nothing to do with it.

I don't think God had anything to do with my deafness either.

It doesn't mean I am putting you down if you want to think God wants you to be deaf.

it is for deaf people who have no children but can reply who knows they can become parents one day. i d like to see from deaf people, and deaf parents.

If I have Deaf children, I would shoot myself over put CIs on their heads.

I am interested in learning from any one who have hearing loss even though they are not parents yet. But they have hearing losses that can post here on my freaking thread. i dont care what hearing parents think because i know already what they are thinking. no need. i have hearing family .. ok relaxxx out there hearing people are freaaaakkking allllll over there!!!! can we deafies have some juice news to discuss ok? thank you!

I am interested in learning from any one who have hearing loss even though they are not parents yet. But they have hearing losses that can post here on my freaking thread. i dont care what hearing parents think because i know already what they are thinking. no need. i have hearing family .. ok relaxxx out there hearing people are freaaaakkking allllll over there!!!! can we deafies have some juice news to discuss ok? thank you!

:hmm: Born deaf people?

:hmm: Born deaf people?

no in general hearing losses mean either born or at a much later like late deafened. they all know how to feel about losing hearing. they can tell me what they think.

thank yor for checking wiht me.

i really hate when people say "god made me this way" cause honestly, its just a scientific defect.
Not to put down religion, but, do you have to really believe that god wanted you to be deaf (or blind, or mental, or small, or big, or black, or white, or yellow, or brown?) We have ears that are designed to catch vibrations for a reason, we have bunch of features in our eyes to see, we have a brain for knowledge. Why would god want to take something thats so powerful/useful in terms of sense away from us?

Thats why I am very pro-CI. Technology (science) allows us to take these defects, and try to make it as close as possible to the natural way of hearing, seeing, ect.
, deaf with hearing as natural as possible can.

I should mention that I am not into religion very much, and always look at things from scientific reasoning.

As a deaf boy how do you know what sound actually IS? You can't. You hear like a HOH person. Not a hearing one. I say this as a person who loves her hearing aids. I bet if you heard like a hearing person, you'd be WHAT.THE.FUCK?!?!?!

Yes it's enough for me.

I am aware of whats in between.

Unless you are qualified professional who done studies on the subject,
that's not enough, though, to make authoritative public statements, sorry.

Fuzzy

I see lot comment about deaf kids with CI having good speech and on age level but I don't see any comment about deaf kids with CI UNDERSTANDING hearing people saying to them.

Learning to speak is tough, very tough but I think learning to hear/understand hearing by listen/lipreading is tougher cos they ARE deaf.

In my experience having friends with CI, see other kids with CI and adults with CI (I don't have one), lot of them have good enough speech (not all) BUT they ALL have problems understanding hearing people, some find it bit easier than others but they still can't rely on CI listening skills only, they still need lipreading, still need hearing people repeat for them, write down some words for them and some of them still need BSL interpreter.

All those deaf with CI I have see, they all love their CI and think it success.

Exactly. They are HOH. They don't hear perfectly...and even Hearing Exchange (a defunct forum) where CIs were PUSHED, stated that results with CIs vary tremendously. Even late deafened people don't hear like hearing people.

As a deaf boy how do you know what sound actually IS? You can't. You hear like a HOH person. Not a hearing one. I say this as a person who loves her hearing aids. I bet if you heard like a hearing person, you'd be WHAT.THE.FUCK?!?!?!

natural as possible? I know i can hear quiet a lot, but not everything. Doesn't stop me from asking my friends to turn down the car stereo so i can hear them

huh? Mill neck School? We had no oral program there but sign languages ( they keep changing from total communicaiton, then see then ASL) I dont know about nowaday. I dont live in LI anymore.

I thought Cleary School had an auditory-oral program. Mill Neck's stance may change, as a lot of the NY Schools are now offering auditory oral programs :( Heck NYSSD is VERY oral....but uses Sign....like sign hasn't been totally banned....it's not like Clarke/CID/St. Joseph's where Sign was totally banned.

natural as possible? I know i can hear quiet a lot, but not everything. Doesn't stop me from asking my friends to turn down the car stereo so i can hear them

It's not about decible detection. It's about the way you perceive sound!
Even I don't hear like a hearing person, and I have a conductive loss.

Oh yeah, I agree i cant hear as well as a hearing person. That i completely agree.

Sigh.....no you're missing my point. The way you hear is not like hearing person hearing. It does not SOUND the same at all. You can hear, but it's FAKE hearing. It's hearing like a dhh person. The ONLY dhh people who hear like a hearing person are those who have a unilateral loss.

Unless you are qualified professional who done studies on the subject,
that's not enough, though, to make authoritative public statements, sorry.

Fuzzy
You ain't the brightest guy around here, right?

1. Posts, inputs, observations, etc in this thread are not meant to be authoritative public statements. What a silly idea you have.

2. I'm a qualified professonial, who have studied and worked with this subject. We know you will make up rules and ideas to dismiss observations that goes against your opinions, but in a funny way, you now made my claim into an authoritative public statement, even if it not was my intention.

You ain't the brightest guy around here, right?

1. Posts, inputs, observations, etc in this thread are not meant to be authoritative public statements. What a silly idea you have.

2. I'm a qualified professonial, who have studied and worked with this subject. We know you will make up rules and ideas to dismiss observations that goes against your opinions, but in a funny way, you now made my claim into an authoritative public statement, even if it not was my intention.

Ok fine, by your own admission i will make the following statement.

1. From my observation I declare drivers of red cars are much better drivers than those of the black cars.
Every time I am out there driving it happens again and again - if there is accident, it's a black car.

2. I am qualified professional who studied this subject.

Now, since we can not prove our credentials here, you will excuse me if can't quite believe you, would you.

Fuzzy

Sigh.....no you're missing my point. The way you hear is not like hearing person hearing. It does not SOUND the same at all. You can hear, but it's FAKE hearing. It's hearing like a dhh person. The ONLY dhh people who hear like a hearing person are those who have a unilateral loss.

I DO understand that. If i were to get all of my real hearing back today, it would sound totally different.
But I am very used to my CI now that I can "hear" a lot of what a natural hearing would be hearing but in a different set of sounds. Yet we still understand it just as well. Bell, horn, music, i can be like what is that squeaky sound and someone would be like, that's the brakes disc that is making a squeaky sound. We both acknowledged that there's a squeaky sound. I may interpret it differently than he is, but we know that basic sound.

How would you know?

Ok fine, by your own admission i will make the following statement.

1. From my observation I declare drivers of red cars are much better drivers than those of the black cars.
Every time I am out there driving it happens again and again - if there is accident, it's a black car.

2. I am qualified professional who studied this subject.

Now, since we can not prove our credentials here, you will excuse me if can't quite believe you, would you.

Fuzzy
I didn't give you admissions to make any statements. And why do you think I want to know what you belive in? Ur funny.

Back