Deaf Means Disabled?

CoolieFroggie said:
Also i would like to add this.. I hate when if i went to anywhere and ask for pen and paper.. they just freak it out and dont' know what to do deal with me.. i was like come on! don't be freak it out and im not that robbery to do ask for damn PEN and Paper.. gosh.. One time when i go to mcdonalds and i was ask for pen and paper, the lady who works mcdonald, she just freak it out very easy and clumsy.. come up to manager.. the manager think im going to get the money.. i was wtf so i just ask very nice and sign to the manger ... PEN to my hand and write on my hand so Manager was like ooooooooh got me pen and paper.. i was like that's really silly so after that i have to point that ordermenu near cashier it would be much eaiser.. I just wish any store have a ready pen and paper near cashier so i can grab and write it down than ask anybody for pen and paper then freak them out... ughs!
Ummm...why don't you just carry a small pad of paper and a pen with you? Then you don't need to ask for them. Or type out msg on a small text device or PDA? A little proactivity goes a long way. ;)

CoolieFroggie said:
Also i would like to add this.. I hate when if i went to anywhere and ask for pen and paper.. they just freak it out and dont' know what to do deal with me.. i was like come on! don't be freak it out and im not that robbery to do ask for damn PEN and Paper.. gosh.. One time when i go to mcdonalds and i was ask for pen and paper, the lady who works mcdonald, she just freak it out very easy and clumsy.. come up to manager.. the manager think im going to get the money.. i was wtf so i just ask very nice and sign to the manger ... PEN to my hand and write on my hand so Manager was like ooooooooh got me pen and paper.. i was like that's really silly so after that i have to point that ordermenu near cashier it would be much eaiser.. I just wish any store have a ready pen and paper near cashier so i can grab and write it down than ask anybody for pen and paper then freak them out... ughs!
Yes it happen to before I was like whoa whoa wait i am not do anything wrong so Now i just bring my own pen and paper It make more easyer for them

Disability simply meant a lost sense. Deafness is a disability and it doesn't meant that we are entirely disabled from any functions. Hell, there are even deaf lawyers, engineers and scientists! To the norms, disability sounds something like "retardation" in reality they're disabled themselves. They failed to look at deaf culture's true potientals, and the failure to analyze further is their true disability. =)

Back