Deaf guy on CBS's "The Amazing Race"

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's where it all started, the u-turned and ever since, people hated them. I think they are shocked because they expected deaf people to be sweet and nice , which some of them are, but the rest of us like to be independent and be ourselves without worrying people ditching us (as far as accommodation).

Remember?? That's only game! Also, Two hearing people tried pile up firewoods but firewood fell down again. They were last teams. Luke and Margie were right.

Just Only game U-turn......

All Hearing people must stop to hate Luke and Margie!

They used the U-Turn to help out Jaime and Cara. They adore those girls and the girls have always been nice and helpful to them. Luke and Margie were unsure of where they were in the race so they bought them more time. It's a game, it's what happens. As for the laughing from Jen and Kisha, ok yea I can see it as a miscommunication BUT I don't think Margie was in the wrong for going off like that. She loves her son and no mother wants their child to be picked on or made fun of.

I still love Margie and Luke and hope that they win this race! Hoping for Jaime and Cara in Second and Tammy and Victor in Third!

Remember?? That's only game! Also, Two hearing people fall down firewoods. They were last teams. Luke and Margie ware right.

Alright but do YOU remember it's only a game? This is a competition that everyone involved wants to win. There's gonna be some dirty pool tricks played sooner or later (recall the already eliminated little stuntguys..yeah, they were a-cheatin fools). This sort of thing happens in reality programs all the time. Best thing they can do is forget the whole fiasco and keep moving forward.

They used the U-Turn to help out Jaime and Cara. They adore those girls and the girls have always been nice and helpful to them. Luke and Margie were unsure of where they were in the race so they bought them more time. It's a game, it's what happens. As for the laughing from Jen and Kisha, ok yea I can see it as a miscommunication BUT I don't think Margie was in the wrong for going off like that. She loves her son and no mother wants their child to be picked on or made fun of.

I still love Margie and Luke and hope that they win this race! Hoping for Jaime and Cara in Second and Tammy and Victor in Third!

Me too! Same you! I hope last one Jen & Kisha. I don't like both because they are very RUDE!

:P This one is just for you. From the same list Luke and Margie were on:

http://www.televisionwithoutpity.com/photos/6/8/8/3_084cfb1dd5616a5/6883pre.jpg

Jaime (The Amazing Race)
Meet Jaime. She hates -- hates! -- it when people do not speak English, so it makes perfect sense that she would want to go on a show that constantly requires her to communicate with people who do not speak English. She's also ridiculously impatient, a yeller, and a huge embarrassment to her lovely teammate Cara, who seems to spend more time cringing at Jaime's obnoxious berating of every cab driver in the world than actually racing.

As much as everyone here dislikes Kisha and Jen, obviously their actions/behavior isn't enough for them to make 'The Worst Human Beings on Reality Shows' list, lol.

:P This one is just for you. From the same list Luke and Margie were on:

http://www.televisionwithoutpity.com/photos/6/8/8/3_084cfb1dd5616a5/6883pre.jpg

Jaime (The Amazing Race)
Meet Jaime. She hates -- hates! -- it when people do not speak English, so it makes perfect sense that she would want to go on a show that constantly requires her to communicate with people who do not speak English. She's also ridiculously impatient, a yeller, and a huge embarrassment to her lovely teammate Cara, who seems to spend more time cringing at Jaime's obnoxious berating of every cab driver in the world than actually racing.

As much as everyone here dislikes Kisha and Jen, obviously their actions/behavior isn't enough for them to make 'The Worst Human Beings on Reality Shows' list, lol.

Actions speak louder than words? Yes I find it highly amusing that she uses toddler speech when interacting with foreign taxi drivers (just read my transcript in my blog) She even said "Listen to me, YOU GO HERE". BUT in ALL the past episodes, watch her interaction with Luke. That attitude is not there. She writes to Luke, learned some fingerspelling, one episode she tried to sign church (ended up signing house but Luke got her meaning). She's somehow totally different when it comes to him. Maybe it's because she doesn't have to speak to him, she has other communication methods?

Smiles, I still like them and they still help Margie and Luke, and vice versa.

I've always admire when people take the time to get to know deaf people as they are human beings who need interactive (sp?) like everyone else.

I've see people who stand there clueless or rather depend on another hearing person to communicate with deaf people. (such as "tell her this" and "tell her that") I have nothing against people like that, it just a nice feeling when people actually come up to you and try to get to know you. You suddenly feel like you are someone, that's all.

I've always admire when people take the time to get to know deaf people as they are human beings who need interactive (sp?) like everyone else.

I've see people who stand there clueless or rather depend on another hearing person to communicate with deaf people. (such as "tell her this" and "tell her that") I have nothing against people like that, it just a nice feeling when people actually come up to you and try to get to know you. You suddenly feel like you are someone, that's all.

I have no idea how demeaning that can be. Thanks for sharing that. :)

And you spelled interactive correctly.

one of my lifelong best friend doesn't know ASL, but that's what she did. She wrote notes to me all the time.

Adding fuel to the fire, I know but had to post:

www.televisionwithoutpity.com/photos/6/8/7/3_7fb8e7b221bddca/6873pre.jpg

Reality TV: The Worst Human Beings on Reality Shows

Margie and Luke (Amazing Race)
These two tricked us. We were instantly in love with them at first, thinking they were this season's Toni and Dallas, but one unnecessary U-Turn (of Amanda and Kris) and one absolutely ridiculous Pit Stop fight (with Kisha and Jen, in which Margie completely misinterpreted and overreacted to their uncomfortable laughter, inappropriately brought up the race card, and wielded accusations like a battle axe) later, we are so over them. We should have known when even the good-natured Mike White referred to Luke as "the sinister deaf kid."

Oh, wow. :ugh: They are actually ignored Kisha's and Jen's awful behaviors and blaming on Margie and Luke?? That's so low. =/

I can't believe hearing people hate them for no reasons. What make they expect of Marige and Luke to be prefect and sweet? :roll:

I'm amazed you guys remained friends for so long. Did she not wanna learn how to communicate with you properly?

I didn't know ASL, my parents wanted me go to public school. that was the best way to communicate. I've been friends with her since Kindergarten. And still friend. we still email each other

Oh, wow. :ugh: They are actually ignored Kisha's and Jen's awful behaviors and blaming on Margie and Luke?? That's so low. =/

I can't believe hearing people hate them for no reasons. What make they expect of Marige and Luke to be prefect and sweet? :roll:

Well.. not ALL hearing people hate them. My mom and I adore them! smiles

lol, I don't say all of hearing people. ;) sorry for confusion. :grouphug:

I actually am happy to see some fans are still rooting on the Deaf team. ;)

EDIT: My mom is a fan of his mom & Deaf dude. :thumb2:

Margie & Luke....

I love Luke because he can't hear two black ladies and he was looking like ignored them. But Margie can hear two black ladies voice.

Look at picture....
tar1410--wuh.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back