deaf girl 10,moved tears after implant allowed to hear her own breathe she was baby

You are THE idiot talking about ASL being obsolete in the future.

Hello CrazyPaul,

Please could you be nice to her?

She wasn't call idiot directly to you.

Just take easy. :cool2:

The hearing society have work so hard to take away our sign languages all over the world and tried very hard to get us to speak and to lipread. As for CI, hearing authorities plus hearing parents want us to listen and start having CIs on babies early. That is what hurt us soo much that we felt like screaming at them to stop doing that to us. We would love to go to Deaf schools where there is sign languages for us to understand what is going on. Also we still need sign language interpreters badly and most hearing society don't understand our needs. They are fighting to put us down just because they want us to be their way, not our way. It is the same with Natives in First Nations or reservations where they put us down because they don't want us to have our Native traditions and customs. It just not fair why we have to battle with them about our needs as Deaf people. :(

Well, we shall wait and see... I should remind you something, the cure for deafness is coming up in near future.

I doubt that cure for deafness will be 100% perfect and it won't help with speech.

Learn the speech is EXTREMELY frustrated for me and I had speech therapy for 10 years - all failed, even CI doesn't help at all.

Hello CrazyPaul,

Please could you be nice to her?

She wasn't call idiot directly to you.

Just take easy. :cool2:

No, actually, I did call him on purpose because he did say before he edited his post: "I don't think all deaf children will have CI so ASL will live on. You worry too much."

No, actually, I did call him on purpose because he did say before he edited his post: "I don't think all deaf children will have CI so ASL will live on. You worry too much."

Oh ok, just tell him that you aren't worry but just concerned.

Well, we shall wait and see... I should remind you something, the cure for deafness is coming up in near future.

I hope not because we have enough to suffer every time they tried to get us to hear. The hearing society has gone tooooo far on this. Does it mean in our brainwash brain that we are not able to accept our deafness and be ashamed to be deaf and never go into Deaf communities, eh? :hmm:

I hope not because we have enough to suffer every time they tried to get us to hear. The hearing society has gone tooooo far on this. Does it mean in our brainwash brain that we are not able to accept our deafness and be ashamed to be deaf and never go into Deaf communities, eh? :hmm:

That is because of how medical and advanced technology works. They don't care about worldwide Deaf community, Deaf Cultures, or sign languages. I can understand why Deaf people have a hard time with such offensive attitudes or views from hearing people.

So, I don't have much faith in Deaf Culture for future... :(

Oh, lol. :lol:

No. You twisted my posts by implying something that is not I said. PLEASE show me where did I say you can't have CI or HA, now.
You said you are pretty sure that ASL and Deaf culture will die out in near future, didn't you? So can you explain how or why it will happen, idiot?

I do know about Rehabilitation Act of 1973 has caused deaf schools to lost many students.

That is because of how medical and advanced technology works. They don't care about worldwide Deaf community, Deaf Cultures, or sign languages. I can understand why Deaf people have a hard time with such offensive attitudes or views from hearing people.

So, I don't have much faith in Deaf Culture for future... :(

Oh, please, don't say that, Karissa. I don't ever want Deaf Culture to die out in the future. That is bad Karma. We need to fight for our rights to use ASL and Deaf Culture, no matter what. Fight, fight and more fight for our rights. Don't give up. :(

I'd appreciate it if you can explain more about it.

The law - Rehabilitation Act of 1973 allows parent to send their deaf child to public school (hearing school) instead of go to deaf school, also special education is adopted in public school.

The deaf school in our state had around 600 students in 1970 but dropped to just less than 130 students today.

You said you are pretty sure that ASL and Deaf culture will die out in near future, didn't you? So can you explain how or why it will happen, idiot?

I don't think you get it.

First off, Frisky said, "[...] she have not been involved with ASL or Deaf community. "

It got me to think how many deaf and hard of hearing people who don't involve with Deaf Community because of medical and advanced technology. So, I didn't really think of CI at all. Hence my quote: "But, I wonder, how long ASL and Deaf culture will die out? Sorry, I still believe ASL (even sign languages) and Deaf community will die out because everyone is so clings to spoken languages as it is a superior one, and deafness will be cured in future. =/"

Because it is true. There are already articles about stem cells, new hearing devices, and so on. Sign languages are still being oppressed. If you don't believe how life goes and how situations does, and still think ASL or any sign language never die out, fine.

I don't care what you will say or else...

Oh, please, don't say that, Karissa. I don't ever want Deaf Culture to die out in the future. That is bad Karma. We need to fight for our rights to use ASL and Deaf Culture, no matter what. Fight, fight and more fight for our rights. Don't give up. :(

I am really sorry but I already gave up long ago... :(

Don't be concerned. ASL and Deaf Culture will always live on. Karissa's being ridiculous.

I don't think all deaf children will have CI so ASL will live on. You worry too much. Please remember that CI works for some, not everyone.

Since you edited to add something, OF COURSE, I know that. I am not that stupid.

Why shouldn't I worry and concern? I am not going to pretend everything will be all right when it is not. It is fine if you still believe ASL and sign languages are still existing. As for my view, no, I don't think so.

Don't be concerned. ASL and Deaf Culture will always live on. Karissa's being ridiculous.

I like it and it sound soo much better being positive to keep trying the best to have ASL and Deaf Culture alive. Thank you, CrazyPaul. :)

The law - Rehabilitation Act of 1973 allows parent to send their deaf child to public school (hearing school) instead of go to deaf school, also special education is adopted in public school.

The deaf school in our state had around 600 students in 1970 but dropped to just less than 130 students today.

Thanks, Foxrac. I understand it clearly. That's unfortunate. Deaf schools lose students due to mainstream schools since many parents want their deaf children close to home. My wife was one of those students. Nevertheless most of them still use ASL. Right?

Since you edited to add something, OF COURSE, I know that. I am not that stupid.

Why shouldn't I worry and concern? I am not going to pretend everything will be all right when it is not. It is fine if you still believe ASL and sign languages are still existing. As for my view, no, I don't think so.
To each your own.

I understand it clearly. That's unfortunate. Deaf schools lose students due to mainstream schools since many parents want their deaf children close to home. My wife was one of those students. Nevertheless most of them still use ASL. Right?

Yup, ASL as usual, always.

SEE was introduced in 1970's and there are some mainstream schools use SEE only.

In old time, our state forced deaf child go to deaf school as only choice until federal law passed in 1973 to reverse the decision.

Back