Deaf Chat room?

nicknrm

Reaction score
I am a hearing person interested in just signing with someone via webcam.

Do you know of any chat rooms in this world on the internet so you can meet people? Like a general chat room.

AIM - deaf, Deaf1,2,3,4( type each number with "deaf" then enter)

try at DEAFCHAT.com if they still running to this day.

i forgot where else to give the links but its been awhile. although, im deaf myself.

deafchat.com no longer exists, they closed it down many years ago.

Camfrog has a ASL chat room and has a lot of people in there. I used it a few times and its nice.

Camfrog has a ASL chat room and has a lot of people in there. I used it a few times and its nice.

They always kick out hearing members when they ask them if they are Deaf. I have seen it happened often.

See image from Deaf Chat World.
DeafChatWorld.jpg

Should add this chat room on AD????

Yes! I think it will be much easier to have a chat between lots of people at the same time with a "chat box" kinda thing.

What does everyone else think?

The chat room is an interesting idea.

It would be nice to also be able to chat with a specific member or group.

One chat room might have too many people trying to communicate.

Well, I have asked the same thing to Alex, who owns this forum, and it is not highly possible it will be implemented anytime soon but it could be a re-consideration?

TagDeaf, one of Alex's other sites, has a Live Chat room. It is not ASL, but texting. Pretty bare bones as far as no webcams, etc. Not much of a crowd there most nights.

TagDeaf, one of Alex's other sites, has a Live Chat room. It is not ASL, but texting. Pretty bare bones as far as no webcams, etc. Not much of a crowd there most nights.
in the same coding format, it would be highly popular on AD instead of tagdeaf.com?

in the same coding format, it would be highly popular on AD instead of tagdeaf.com?
Not sure I follow you with "coding format" but would certainly get more use here. I think there is normally at least 20 members online here at any time. Mods would have much more work with a chat room. Things can escalate very quickly when it's live.

Not sure I follow you with "coding format" but would certainly get more use here. I think there is normally at least 20 members online here at any time. Mods would have much more work with a chat room. Things can escalate very quickly when it's live.
Sorry for my programming speech, 'coding format' is the program that runs in code to make the chat thing work on AD, if Alex uses the same system that tagdeaf uses, can be used to the forum here, but according to this forum, this forum runs differently, I believe.

I understand. No idea about what goes on in the background of these two sites. Even though they may be different, it would still be up to Alex to add features such as a chat room, because of the added cost incurred, plus the additional headaches involved for him and his mod team. Perhaps you can suggest it to him? I would certainly enjoy a live chat with the members here, as long as politics and religion were off-limits.

I understand. No idea about what goes on in the background of these two sites. Even though they may be different, it would still be up to Alex to add features such as a chat room, because of the added cost incurred, plus the additional headaches involved for him and his mod team. Perhaps you can suggest it to him? I would certainly enjoy a live chat with the members here, as long as politics and religion were off-limits.
Yeah, I would suggest a poll thread but I am not sure if it is permissible to do, maybe I could send an PM to one of these Mod's and see if they can grant it. I recall Alex mentioning how the forum was run on, which is the lunix server.

I must admit, I am definitely not against the idea. I like the idea. The other forum I frequent also has a chatroom, but the popularity of the site has seriously decreased, but even though there might not be anyone in the chatroom I still have to sit there for a couple hours because I do promotions for the website (which I haven't been able to do because the administration has been busy with their personal lives). So, in short, I really enjoy chatrooms but I have not seen a busy one with lots of chatters for a while and would enjoy a good conversation with fellow users. :)

See image from Deaf Chat World.
DeafChatWorld.jpg

Should add this chat room on AD????

It is called the shoutbox. Now it is no longer in use and the DCW is evolving into Facebook application.

If you want to know more about DCW, just PM me. I am one of their admins.

I noticed DCW that design of this forum is changed? Royale, Are you living in USA?

Back