Deaf and Dumb in the Koran Queran

Lukbo

Reaction score
Check it out:
http://i-cias.com/e.o/texts/religion/koran008.htm

22) Verily, the worst of beasts in God’s sight are the deaf, the dumb who do not understand. 23) Had God known any good in them, He would have made them hear; but had He made them hear, they would have turned back and have swerved aside.

What the fuck Mohammad thought about deafies? It's a discrimination opposite to us! I wonder how deaf persons in arab countries do live when they are in hearing families??? :eek:

Very intresting Luke............makes me wonder what they do to the deafies in the Arab countries! ...........The Nazi's arrested deafies because they didnt listen to Hitlers word!!!!!

I just check it out and u will find it very interesting, in other Quran book i saw at the bookshop and read the same verses is said "Allah says Deaf and Dumb are the Worse Sinner and that the only thing Allah cant face! as it make me feel hurt how the muslim believe in that, i am pretty sure there is alot of deaf muslim i know didnt know abt that, i wonder wat there reaction if i told them, any advise ?

I do sympathize the people who are ignorants.

That's a good questiona bout deaf muslims. I'm wondering about that. I would feel really sorry if deaf muslims agree with it.

22) Verily, the worst of beasts in God’s sight are the deaf, the dumb who do not understand. 23) Had God known any good in them, He would have made them hear; but had He made them hear, they would have turned back and have swerved aside.

It wasn't talking about people but BEASTS. You took it out of context. It said that those beasts, even if Allah made them hear, would turn back anyway.

By the way, I am not a Muslim nor a Christian. Thank god!

-jeff

That's an interesting question--I don't know the answer. There are deaf Muslims; a web search on "deaf muslim" turns up several interesting links.

Thank you for bring up this post...

Here in our holy bible- King James Version the Holy Bible that some of you who go to church, look up in Leviticus 19:14 said "Thou shalt NOT curse the deaf, nor put a stumblingblock before the blind, but shalt fear thy God: I am the LORD." What it mean is "You shall NOT curse against the deaf people, or put the block to make blind person hit without see (can't see), but shall fear your God: I am the LORD."

this is a disgrace.
at this time of the year, you choose this to argue about.
i have a muslim friend who was born in Egypt, and her family COMPLETELY supported her and moved to USA so she could have an education. Right now she is pursuing her PH.D in psychology.

You want the real thing? go read the quran, not the internet.

to me it doesn t matter who belives in what its how we feel in our HEART and mind we were chosed to be deaf because someone up there said we have a mission to serve as a deaf kid or adult. So let us be us and the book can shove itself in its own ass!

I think that it is implied in a different way.
Like the expression goes: "To turn a deaf ear onto..."
So, people who refuse to listen to Allah and not speak his words, are considered in his eyes his worst enemies. I really dunno. I'm not religious myself though.

I agree with kuifje. It could mean that the "beasts" are just stubborn, refusing to listen or see.. not necessarily having anything to do with being physically deaf and blind.

Everybody will always interpret something differently.

Before we jump allover the word 'dumb,' won't it be more beneficial to see if the other meanings of 'dumb' applied in this context?

For instance the word 'dumb' may refer to a mute. :)

Nobody uses 'dumb' in that context anymore, but the translation might be old and inherit some of the older archaic definitions.

Last edited:
It also helps to look at the whole passage where that quoted material came from - that will give you the context.

In the past people thought whoever could speak was intelligent and rational. And they thought human beings were the only rational creatures who had the ability of language. Those who couldn't speak, like the animals, lacked a language.

to me, they are not called us deaf and dumb! they called hearing people who is not listen to quran, they ignore them and noot listen to it, they called deaf and dumb. thats all.

Back