Dana Reeve, widow of actor Christopher Reeve

Kalista

Premium Member
Reaction score
Dana Reeve, widow of actor Christopher Reeve, has died of lung cancer, The Associated Press reports. :cry:

Dana Reeve, widow of Christopher Reeve, dies at 44

SHORT HILLS, New Jersey (AP) -- Dana Reeve, who fought for better treatments and possible cures for paralysis through the Christopher Reeve Foundation, named for her late actor-husband, has died, the foundation said. She was 44.

Reeve died late Monday of lung cancer, said Kathy Lewis, President and CEO of the foundation.

"On behalf of the entire Board of Directors and staff of the Christopher Reeve Foundation, we are extremely saddened by the death of Dana Reeve, whose grace and courage under the most difficult of circumstances was a source of comfort and inspiration to all of us," Lewis said in a statement.

http://www.cnn.com/2006/SHOWBIZ/03/07/obit.reeve.ap/index.html

Oh no... I'm shock after learn this sad news... She's wonderful lady.. She do not deserve to have cancer... :tears: I know since last year that she has lung cancer... She annonnced bravely that she is going to battle to against lung cancer for her son... She lost her battle against cancer...

Rest In Peace, Dana Reeves... :(

Sorry to hear that she passed away. I've read about her somewhere and she was very awesome woman who have the courage to go through the ordeals/obstacles due to health and her deceased husband. She had a wonderful patience. May God rest her soul.

Rest in peace, Dana Reeve. She is now with her husband in Heaven.

OH MY GOD!!! I am so shocked!!!

Oh man, she was a fighter that won't let her down. Lung cancer is very HARD to beat.

At last, she is resting in peace and running and dancing with Christopher in heaven.

Yea I am shocked to hear about her death. I was wondering who is gonna to take care of their 13 yrs old son?

:tears: Tears came to my eyes when I read about Dana's death. I have always greatly admired Dana and her dignity & class.

The world has lost an angel.

It breaks my heart to think of Will, their 13 year old son. I pray that Will will be okay and will carry on such powerful legacy of his parents, Dana and Christopher.

I will never forget Dana - may she rest in peace. :sadwave:

Oh dear! So soon after Christopher's death!
I hope she's at peace now. Also I hope the son will be well cared for by relatives if there's any.

RIP

I was browse around Dana website. Wow, she had been good hearted to her husband for years to take care. Gave him a lot of support. I said to myself, I do not understand why God wanted Dana gone? This little boy who is 13 yrs old does not deserve to lose both of his parents. :cry:

ho2907s71.jpg

They are very happily family !!

creeve.jpg

I would love to adopt him and give him alot of support.

51762915.jpg

a mother and son are looking good in this picture.

honoree_reeve.jpg
heroes07.jpg

Now, they are reunited in the heaven !

reeve.jpg

True Kalista and tks for the urls but the first url is not working? I am very concerned about their 13 yrs old son and would love to take care of him.

Dana Reeve, Non-Smoker, Diagnosed with Lung Cancer

Aug. 9, 2005 — Just 10 months after Christopher Reeve's death, his widow Dana Reeve has learned she has lung cancer.

Lung cancer is the leading cause of cancer death among American women, and, according to the Lung Cancer Alliance, over 60 percent of new lung cancer patients have never smoked or already have quit smoking.

Dr. Derek Raghavan, director of the Cleveland Clinic's Taussig Cancer Center, said that while smoking is the No. 1 risk factor for lung cancer, even people who have never smoked might been exposed to a significant amount of second-hand smoke.

Dana Reeve, a singer, does not smoke. Raghavan said singing in smoky venues is a risk factor.

"There's no way to escape," Raghavan said. "You can't walk away if there's too much smoke, and you're taking deep breaths, so that's not good."

Reeve sang for "Good Morning America" in May, and also talked about life since her husband's death on Oct. 10, 2004, at the age of 52. He had been paralyzed from the neck down since an equestrian accident in 1995.

"I've learned a lot about grief, that it really is something that goes in cycles," Reeve said in the interview. "Chris and I used to say, when he had his accident, 'Well, this is probably the worst thing that's ever happened to either one of us, but at least we had each other to go through it with.'"

Now on her own, the 44-year-old must face a new battle — with lung cancer. Her 13-year-old son will be at her side, but it may be her continued faith in her husband's undying love that keeps her strong.

"It's kind of mystical, but one person said, 'He'll always be with you,'" Reeve said in May. "I think a person can't love you that much without that staying, without that energy staying with them. And that's kind of a comfort. And it feels like it's true."

Lung cancer is the leading cause of cancer death among American women, and according to the Lung Cancer Alliance, more than 60 percent of new lung cancer patients have never smoked or already have quit smoking.

To learn more about lung cancer, visit:

The Lung Cancer Alliance: The only national non-profit dedicated solely to advocating for people living with lung cancer or at risk for the disease. The alliance provides patient education and support programs to help people directly affected by lung cancer.

Women Against Lung Cancer: A non-profit dedicated to descreasing deaths from lung cancer and helping patients live longer and better through research, awareness and advocacy.

It seems not fair because people who are not smoker, their lung get cancer due to second hand smoking. Oh gosh, I hate to chatting or standing near people who are smoking. It makes me feel sick and hurt my eyes.

While it's very sad to read that she died, and that she had such a difficult battle, I am very glad she and her husband are reunited.

I think it was very good of her, too, to bring awareness to the fact that not all lung cancer victims have smoked. There is definitely a social stigma about lung cancer; if you get it, people tend to believe you brought it on yourself. That's not an attitude likely to help with treatment.

Beautiful family of Dana, Christopher and their son. I wonder who takes care of their son ? Anyone know ? Perhaps, one of their kins ?

oh my! i got tear abt that.. sigh.. i am sowwy to hear abt that.. they are together in heaven... they are happy and watch over 13 yrs old son..

RIP

I already knew she was not going to make it when she announced she had it. Really sad and too young.

Yeah just because she is not a smoker, doesn't mean it is okay to smoke.

She probably been around smokers, because second hand smoke is dangerous. And plus stress she had because she took care of her husband.

So smokers :smoking: , go away from me.

And we need to alert cities to take care their air, air pollution is bad too.

:tears: how soon after her husband, same here wondering who is taking care of their son, 13, they have a beautiful family on picture.

I used to remind me of Michael Fox and his wonderful wife taking care of him, p..(not remmy spelling like Ali and Janet Reno) they have a son too

Oh well. I know she had cancer back then. I hope the foundation will keep going and search for curse.

Back