CVS to win big by stop selling cigarettes

dereksbicycles

Reaction score
CVS to stop selling cigarettes by Oct. 1

They may lose a lot of money, but at least they're promoting healthy life style.

It would be interesting to see if they get new customers with the news that they are stopping with sales of cigarettes. Maybe bonus points from current customers with this one.

I hope it is a success for them.

Will candy and snacks be next to go?

I felt a great disturbance in the Force, as if millions of teenagers suddenly cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced.

Walgreens is my pharmacy, but I have shopped CVS before, prices too high for me....As for stopping to sell cigarettes...no big deal, because most people go to a corner store where they are cheaper....

I was surprised that the Dollar General and Family Dollar is now selling Wine and cigarettes....

Strange because they sell diet supplements which can be dangerous. It has no effect on me as I am not a smoker.

Not forget about Target - they stopped selling cigarettes in 1996.

Not forget about Target - they stopped selling cigarettes in 1996.

I had no idea Target stopped selling cigarettes for this long!!!

If people really want to smoke, they'll always find a place to smoke. The more places that bars selling cigarettes, the harder it'll be for people to acquire cigarettes.

Thats the beauty of taxation and regulation, to keep minor out of these shyt. I bet my ass it would be much easier to keep kids out of weeds when they (Cannabis) become legal and regulated than to keep it illegal. There are no control available though drug cartels, and black marketers.

You see, it cost CVS to get license and permit to sell these fags, and risk losing money if caught sold to minors. CVS don't see point of standing on losing money on these unhealthy fags.

CVS has limited the amount of pain medication it sells. If you're a client there, and some people get their prescriptions before you, then you're out of luck and you can't get your pain medication. They think this is stopping people from abusing pain medication, and it's a huge mess with the DEA and the wholesalers who won't supply enough medication to the stores because the DEA feels that only a certain amount of medication needs to be used each month, which makes no sense. There are better ways for pharmacists to weed out who is abusing pain meds than to have the medications limited and valid patients denied medication.

This is a reason why I won't ever use CVS. Who cares about cigarette selling, I'm concerned about people getting their medication when they need it.

A PR move. Profits are the only thing they are looking at. They think making news about stopping the sale will increase shopping.

This one, I agreed totally and no, CVS is not the only pharmacy doing this, other pharmacies are doing same thing too. My doctor told me that they were too terrified of losing the license and had hard time rx me the pain killer that I needed. Im being screwed up because of this, mind you, I took them ONLY when I really need them. I don't like these pills, called me abuser? My ass! When I got 30 days supply, took me 3 or 4 months for me to deplete them… is that abuse? I don't think so!

These DEA and closed minded politicians aren't doing anything right and actually hurt more than benefit the innocents. Damn them tyrannies! What business does government have in between Doctor and patients?

CVS has limited the amount of pain medication it sells. If you're a client there, and some people get their prescriptions before you, then you're out of luck and you can't get your pain medication. They think this is stopping people from abusing pain medication, and it's a huge mess with the DEA and the wholesalers who won't supply enough medication to the stores because the DEA feels that only a certain amount of medication needs to be used each month, which makes no sense. There are better ways for pharmacists to weed out who is abusing pain meds than to have the medications limited and valid patients denied medication.

This is a reason why I won't ever use CVS. Who cares about cigarette selling, I'm concerned about people getting their medication when they need it.

This one, I agreed totally and no, CVS is not the only pharmacy doing this, other pharmacies are doing same thing too. My doctor told me that they were too terrified of losing the license and had hard time rx me the pain killer that I needed. Im being screwed up because of this, mind you, I took them ONLY when I really need them. I don't like these pills, called me abuser? My ass! When I got 30 days supply, took me 3 or 4 months for me to deplete them… is that abuse? I don't think so!

These DEA and closed minded politicians aren't doing anything right and actually hurt more than benefit the innocents. Damn them tyrannies! What business does government have in between Doctor and patients?

I brought a bottle of Tylenol (500 pills) in 2012, and I rarely use them, and I still have a bunch left, and they're set to expire in November of this year, so I am hoping most of them will be gone by then, and like diehardbiker, I only take them when the pain gets REALLY BAD, which isn't often.

Back