Cued speech for adults?

Hi RoseRodent. I don't know you, but reading this thread and your comments that remained gave me the impression that you suffer a huge amount of distress and shame when you make a mistake in front of people. This must be very painful for you and that level of anguish will not be easily removed. If it could be done by simply changing your attitude, I think you would have already done it. After all, you spent two years in a foreign country in an attempt to do so. I wonder if you have thought about discussing your difficulties with a caring and competent counsellor? A skilled counsellor could really help you. I have read about people who find themselves crippled by the need to get things right (perfectionism) and it is often linked to a sense of deep shame and dislike of themselves. This is not your fault but a result of a wide number of factors, many not under your control.

But as I said at the beginning - I don't know you and I could have got the wrong end of the stick from the comments I've read. But I'm wanting to give you good advice. Ignore it if it isn't.

Best wishes for your future,
AJW

There are some Cuers around in England so if you go on Facebook and look up "London Cue Club" - join us there. Also CS is called by different names in Europe and we look forward meeting you at Deaf Day at City Lit in London on Saturday 14th April.

Back