Csun

this lady I know told me she went to Csun from 90-93

went to visit once. my friend plans to transfer there from Gallaudet.

Hey girl, my friend Alex Z, knows you remember he had a girlfriend i think her name was leyla, that went to CSUN...

I know Leyla...but don't know Alex. I've heard a lot about him thru Leyla and I think they broke up a year ago...wow, what a small world!

Originally posted by Xoxostarss
I know Leyla...but don't know Alex. I've heard a lot about him thru Leyla and I think they broke up a year ago...wow, what a small world!

Indeed it is, I hope it is good things she is saying about Alex. I see him around, he went to the same Oral school with us.

Originally posted by BabyPhat21
Hey girl, my friend Alex Z, knows you remember he had a girlfriend i think her name was leyla, that went to CSUN...
Ah, yeah! I know him. I met him thru Leyla about 2 years ago. He's a nice and fun guy! Took me and my friend out in SF for a day.

Originally posted by Aberrrcrombie03
Ah, got two friends attending CSUN, Tami Samyier (sp?) and Erik Hoover.

Yeah, I know both of em! I hung out with Tami once in a while but I got lost in touch with her after I left CSUN.

Originally posted by tAzMaNiAc
I went to CSUN from 92-94.

Brenden

I know a few CSUNians that you might know...
Viki, Sandra, LeeAnne, etc.. Ring a bell?

Originally posted by e
Yeah, I know both of em! I hung out with Tami once in a while but I got lost in touch with her after I left CSUN.

tami is nice gal. i see her around once in a while.

Originally posted by kuifje75
I know a few CSUNians that you might know...
Viki, Sandra, LeeAnne, etc.. Ring a bell?

Sandra and LeeAnne, yes I know them.

Viki -- hmmmm.. no.

Brenden

I never attended CSUN even though I have heard about it over years through my buddies.

Anyone know if CSUN has a women's studies program in it's grad school? I want to become a women's studies professor eventually but I also want to attend a grad school that has a sizable Deaf population as I really want to finally become fluent in ASL!

Originally posted by deafdyke
Anyone know if CSUN has a women's studies program in it's grad school? I want to become a women's studies professor eventually but I also want to attend a grad school that has a sizable Deaf population as I really want to finally become fluent in ASL!
1) I know it has Women Studies major in undergrad and I think they have it for grad

2) It has Deaf Studies and ASL classes for everyone (undergrad and grad)

Check out for more info at www.csun.edu and National Center On Deafness aka NCOD at CSUN http://ncod.csun.edu/ (that's the deaf program provide everything with counselors, interpreters, captionings, and etc...)

Good luck on making decision! :)

I have been hear several thing about CSUN. Someone tell me if there is only one deaf student in classes. No interpreter will be there to intrepret for you. They tell me they must to have at least 3 or 2 students to have an interpreter. :eek:

Is that true? huh? HUH? :ugh:

illustrator said:
I have been hear several thing about CSUN. Someone tell me if there is only one deaf student in classes. No interpreter will be there to intrepret for you. They tell me they must to have at least 3 or 2 students to have an interpreter. :eek:

Is that true? huh? HUH? :ugh:

Who did you hear that from? I recently saw a friend of mine who attends CSUN over Thanksgiving break and she told me many things about CSUN so I highly doubt if that was true.

sweetgal154 said:
Who did you hear that from? I recently saw a friend of mine who attends CSUN over Thanksgiving break and she told me many things about CSUN so I highly doubt if that was true.

Well, I got words from my old friends who visit there.
I guess I will wait for someone's answer who actually enroll there.

Night classes and last minute registration may be problems with finding interpreters. I had a night class with 2 other deaf students, our interpreter was kind of "sub" and didn't show up at least 3 or 4 times.

Also, I had a couple of day classes with only myself being deaf, never had a problem. They always had a sub if an interpreter called in sick. If it ever happened, I'd be ok with that cuz I'd have an notetaker and take some already written notes to read while the teacher lectures.

I'd say some of it true.

Last edited:
Back