CS6 Photoshop help

JClarke

AD Veteran
Premium Member
Reaction score
I have the CS6 Master suite on my mac book Pro and does anyone know how I can save the original format to the JPG or PNG file? Because I don't see there is an option of saving it, so I saved with the alternative way of changing the file name within the computer system however the photo changes differently than I thought.

Anyone can help?

I think I know what you mean, a friend had demonstrated that it auto saves in the background at certain time intervals. Look in preferences to see if you can disable it. I hope this applies to your application.

I have the CS6 Master suite on my mac book Pro and does anyone know how I can save the original format to the JPG or PNG file? Because I don't see there is an option of saving it, so I saved with the alternative way of changing the file name within the computer system however the photo changes differently than I thought.

Anyone can help?

simply changing the filename won't work. it's not the same thing. you will corrupt the file. I don't have CS6 but only CS5.

There's no FILE --> SAVE AS? or FILE --> SAVE FOR WEB & DEVICES? those options allow you to save the image file in any format you want.

simply changing the filename won't work. it's not the same thing. you will corrupt the file. I don't have CS6 but only CS5.

There's no FILE --> SAVE AS? or FILE --> SAVE FOR WEB & DEVICES? those options allow you to save the image file in any format you want.
I'll have a look and explain the situation - I'll get back to you as my laptop is at home.

Last edited:

Anyone can help?

In much older versions of PhotoShop for PC rather than Mac you had to flatten any layers before you could save as JPG.

Yes, I did flatten it, I have not checked my photoshop. I have been busy lately.

Ok, i just checked my photoshop and I noticed that the 'Save for web' is greyed out, wtf?
Why is this? Does anyone know why? The project I did, is a thank you card for the engagement, and it is saved as PSD format...

its all good now, it has been fixed. I was on 32 bit, and I asked the adobe forums, and they said to change to 8 bit and I got these saving options :)

Mod - can you please close thread as OP request, as it has been resolved.

Back