Crikey. Crocadile Hunter, Steve Irwin, Dead.

I was so shock about him. He got attacked by the sting ray! I am a big fan for Steve Irawn! He was the huge hero man! I am going miss him. :(:(:(:(

We have a few freshwater sting ray in my shop. I always feed them with my hand, they are very friendly but I am still be careful with them.

I want to share with you, more information about The sting ray is a famly of sharks.

There is lot of varity of sting rays in the ocean and the fresh water!

the sting rays are living in warm area as mexico, bahamas, south africa, indo pacific, south Asia, Aussie, Flordia, north of South america, etc.

In the ocean rays love to barried on the sand, you cannot see them but when you step your foot on the ray, you wont kill them but they will swim away from you, they wont hurt you but just be careful. if you bug them they might be hurt you.

The devil ray called it's manta .There is few type of mantas. They are not posion. you can ride on the manta. They about more than 8 feet long.

In amazon River area , Brizal South America. They have lot of varity of sting rays. They are posion be careful with them. The china sting ray is the largest the fresh water ray in the world.

the very attrative string rays are motoros, Leopardaris, Tigers, Pearls, Flowers, they are very quite expensive becuase they are so beautiful and hard to find them. The cheapest sting rays are Hystrix , tea cup and others.

oh yeah that remind me now my cousin's boyfriend have stinray but not anymore I dunno why maybe due of his kids playing with the fish tank I dunno :dunno:

Same here too, got shocked seeing that pix that I did not know his name till saw pix of him....from other site! Man, can't believe that...how could that happened? I feel bad for his wife, and his two children!

May RIP, Steve! U will be missed...

I was surprised that Hes gone already.. and had that freaky accident..

he will be missed by many fans and loved ones.. even animals too...

Go Fly with wildereness... RIP.. Steve.. :sad:

Steve Irwin's Death Caught on Tape

Entertainment News- Steve Irwin's Death Caught on Tape - AOL News

CAIRNS, Australia (Sept. 5) -- Steve Irwin was videotaped pulling a poisonous stingray barb from his chest in his last moments of life, officials said Tuesday, as tributes poured in for TV's "Crocodile Hunter."

Police said there was nothing suspicious about Irwin's death and no evidence he provoked the animal. Irwin, 44, was stabbed through the heart on Monday while snorkeling with a stingray during filming of a new TV program on Australia's Great Barrier Reef.

John Stainton, Irwin's manager who was among the crew on the reef, said the fatal blow was caught on videotape, and described viewing the footage as having the "terrible" experience of watching a friend die.

"It shows that Steve came over the top of the ray and the tail came up, and spiked him here (in the chest), and he pulled it out and the next minute he's gone," Stainton told reporters in Cairns, where Irwin 's body was taken for an autopsy.

Queensland state police were holding the tape as evidence for a coroner's inquiry - a standard procedure in high-profile deaths or those caused by other than natural causes.

Experts have said the stingray may have felt trapped between the cameraman and the TV star. Irwin, the popular host of "Crocodile Hunter," rose to fame by getting dangerously close to crocodiles, snakes and other beasts.

But Queensland Police Superintendent Michael Keating said there was no evidence Irwin threatened or intimidated the stingray, a normally placid species that only deploys its poisonous tail spines as a defense.

Stainton said Irwin was in his element in the Outback, but that he and Irwin had talked about the sea posing threats the star wasn't used to.

"If ever he was going to go, we always said it was going to be the ocean," Stainton said. "On land he was agile, quick-thinking, quick-moving and the ocean puts another element there that you have no control over."

Parliament took a break from the business of running the country to pay tribute to Irwin, whose body was being flown home Tuesday from Cairns. No funeral plans were announced but state Premier Peter Beattie said Irwin would be afforded a state funeral if his family agreed.

Irwin's American wife Terri, 8-year-old daughter Bindi, and their son Bob, almost 3, returned late Monday from a trekking vacation in Tasmania to Australia Zoo, the wildlife park where the family lived at Beerwah in Queensland's southeast.

At the park, hundreds of people filed past the entrance laying floral bouquets and handwritten condolence messages. Khaki shirts - a trademark of Irwin - were laid out for people to sign.

"Mate, you made the world a better place," read one poster left at the gate. "Steve, our hero, our legend, our wildlife warrior," read another. "I thought you were immortal. How I wish that was true," said a third.

The park opened Tuesday because it was what Irwin would have wanted, said Gail Gipp, an animal health employee.

my bf cooked out yesterday, i cooked in kitchen so i sat down for break and turned cnn on, i watched til i saw him on.. i say WHAT????? no way.. then i read CC again and make sure... i was oh man! i called my bf and told him abt this.. he say what?? then we watched CNN and we say cant believe that.. he is only young and famous man.. wow... sigh..

i pray for his family..

Steve was a legend. We are all in mourning. We watched two hours Steve's show on Discovery Channel and Animals Planet on TV. Wow, he is extremely brave man ever I saw. His daughter, Bini and son, Bob will follow in their father footsteps, he was a great man. He died doing what he loved and may he rest in peace.

steve_irwin.jpg
Steve_Irwi_m717210.jpg

God bless the Irwin family and friends we feel like we know all of you personally! We love you and when my family makes it to Australia we will visit Australia Zoo as planned! You're in our hearts and prayers!!!!!!

steve_irwin_FrederickMBrown.jpg

We will miss his cute facial express and body language ! :cry:

I read the news on the interent that striray barb stick was stuck in his heart then he pulled the stick out then later in few mins he is gone .. I was ahh should not pull the stick so it would be alive. But it said it is ponsionous :dunno:

huh ???? what preggy ??? oh man

i dunno if rumor or what

I dont know if it is rumor or not,,, my friend said she watched tv and wife was in showing that she is preggy,,, i got confused... we all need to find out for sure...

You serious that she is pregnant with 3rd???

I didn't know she was expecting.. I know she has 2 kids with him.

Yes i know there were two kids... my friends said she saw her on news she is preggy... we all need to find out for sure.

'Crocodile Hunter' Steve Irwin Is Dead

Steve Irwin, host of the Animal Planet series The Crocodile Hunter, was killed Monday during a diving expedition off the coast of Australia, the country's Queensland Police Service confirms.

Irwin, 44, was stung by a stingray while filming a documentary at Batt Reef, Low Isle off Port Douglas at about 11:00 a.m. According to a police statement, "his crew called for medical treatment and the Emergency Management Queensland Helicopter responded; however, Mr. Irwin had died."

Stingrays have poisonous barbs on their tails. John Stainton, who was on board Irwin's boat at the time, told the Associated Press that Irwin "came on top of the stingray and the stingray's barb went up and into his chest and put a hole into his heart."

Stainton said Irwin had been filming a segment for a series called Ocean's Deadliest.

Irwin leaves behind his American-born wife Terri, 42, daughter Bindi, 8, and son Bob, 2.

A tireless wildlife advocate, Irwin's career was not without controversy: In July 2004 he was cleared of charges that he got too close to penguins, a seal and humpback whales in Antarctica while making a documentary, and in January of that year enraged child welfare groups by holding son Bob, then 1 month old, while feeding a crocodile.

In 1992, the year The Crocodile Hunter first began airing, Terri Irwin told PEOPLE of her husband, "The thing that attracts me to him is that passion he has for what he does. The animals have no capacity to return Steve's affection. In fact, all they want to do is kill him."

Irwin himself admitted, "I realize that one mistake and I could be dead, but I've had a lot of experience and mostly I know when there's danger."

'Crocodile Hunter' Steve Irwin Is Dead | Steve Irwin : People.com

Steve Irwin's Last Moment Caught on Tape

The stingray encounter that killed Animal Planet star Steve Irwin was reportedly caught on tape – but still, conflicting details about the Crocodile Hunter's final moments are emerging.

The ray struck Irwin, 44, with the barb of its tail while he was filming bull stingrays for a TV documentary called Ocean's Deadliest at Batt Reef, Low Isle off Port Douglas, Australia, at about 11:00 a.m. Monday.

Irwin's manager, John Stainton, was widely quoted as telling reporters that he had seen footage of Irwin pulling the deadly barb from his chest before his death, the BBC reports.

But later, when CNN interviewer Rick Sanchez asked whether Irwin had pulled out the barb, Stainton said, "Don't you hear a lot of rumors and, and stuff that goes around on these things? And it's just absolute rubbish."

Stainton also said he could not bring himself to watch the tape.

Ben Cropp, a cameraman who was on the reef when Irwin was killed, told The Australian newspaper he'd spoken to a member of the production crew who said he'd seen footage of the incident.

The tape shows Irwin in shallow water following a large stingray, Cropp said. The animal "probably felt threatened because Steve was alongside and there was the cameraman ahead, and it felt there was danger and it baulked. It stopped and went into a defensive mode and swung its tail with the spike."

The Australian reported Tuesday that police superintendent Mike Keating said investigators had viewed the footage. "There is no evidence that Mr. Irwin was intimidating or threatening the stingray," he said. "My advice is that he was observing the stingray. There are no suspicious circumstances in relation to the death of Mr. Irwin"

But a rep for the state coroner told the paper, "Queensland police are continuing their investigation into Mr. Irwin's death on behalf of the Cairns Coroner."

Funeral arrangements have yet to be announced, though Queensland State Premier Peter Beattie said on Tuesday that Irwin would be given a state funeral if his family approved. Irwin leaves behind his American-born wife Terri, 42, daughter Bindi, 8, and son Bob, 2.

Also on Tuesday, Australia's parliament paused to honor Irwin, who Prime Minister John Howard said had died in "quintessentially Australian circumstances."

Other Australian notables have weighed in as well. Russell Crowe, who was friends with Irwin, said in a statement he was "unable to think about anything else" after hearing of Irwin's death. "He was a great friend of mine. I loved him and I'll be there for his family."

Aussie actor Hugh Jackman said he was in shock, and had just visited Irwin's Australia Zoo on Saturday. "Only two days ago my family finally fulfilled a promise to Steve and made it out to his zoo," he said. "His passion and love of life, family and nature was boundless. He was a colossus and will be sorely missed. My condolences and thoughts are with his family."

Steve Irwin's Last Moment Caught on Tape : People.com

Tape 'shows Irwin's last moments'

Videotape of the moment Steve Irwin was hit by a stingray's tail shows the Australian naturalist pulling the barb from his chest, his manager has said.
"The tail came up, and spiked him here [in the chest], and he pulled it out and the next minute, he's gone," Mr Irwin's manager, John Stainton, said.

Queensland state police have now taken the tape to be used in an inquest into the incident on the Great Barrier Reef.

The much-loved TV star could be given a state funeral if his family agree.

Throughout Monday and Tuesday thousands of fans gathered at Mr Irwin's zoo in Beerwah on Australia's sunshine coast to lay flowers and write messages of condolence.

On Tuesday, Australia's federal parliament paused to honour Mr Irwin, whom Prime Minister John Howard said had died in "quintessentially Australian circumstances".

Mr Howard quoted Australian-based actor Russell Crowe, who had paid tribute to Mr Irwin earlier by saying: "Steve Irwin was the Australian many of us aspire to be."

Mr Irwin had been in the water at Batt Reef, off the resort town of Port Douglas about 100km (62 miles) north of Cairns, filming bull stingrays for a TV documentary called Ocean's Deadliest.

'It probably felt threatened'

Cameraman Ben Cropp, who was also on the reef when Mr Irwin was killed on Monday, spoke to a member of the production crew who had seen the footage of the incident.

"He was up in the shallow water, probably 1.5m to 2m deep, following a bull ray which was about a metre across the body - probably weighing about 100kg, and it had quite a large spine," Mr Cropp told The Australian newspaper.

"It stopped and went into a defensive mode and swung its tail with the spike. It probably felt threatened because Steve was alongside and there was the cameraman ahead, and it felt there was danger and it baulked."

Though armed with a venom-coated, sharp barb on their tail, stingrays only use the weapon defensively and attacks on humans are extremely rare.

Appearing on ABC News, Mr Stainton, who was with the TV crew on the reef, described watching the footage of the incident as a "terrible" experience.

"It was a hard thing to watch because you are actually watching a person die," Mr Stainton said.

Mr Irwin's heart is believed to have been pierced, and he died almost immediately.

Websites overwhelmed

Mr Irwin's body has now been flown from the mortuary in Cairns, where a post-mortem examination was carried out, to the small town of Beerwah where he lived.

The TV presenter is survived by his wife Terri and two children - eight-year-old daughter Bindi Sue and three-year-old son Bob.

No funeral arrangements have been announced yet, but Queensland State Premier Peter Beattie said Mr Irwin would be given a state funeral if his family approved.

Mr Irwin was regarded by many Australians as a national treasure and as news of his death broke, news websites across the country found it difficult to cope with the demand for information.

Tributes flowed in from Mr Irwin's fellow conservationists and his many fans around the world, and across the country on Tuesday the morning papers devoted their front pages to news of his death.

BBC NEWS | Asia-Pacific | Tape 'shows Irwin's last moments'

Back