Creator Closed

Eve

Reaction score
Okay, I have a problem with closing of a thread simply because the “creator” wants it closed. If the dumb ass didn’t like the response they got, they shouldn’t have created the topic in the first place. But, to squelch the voices of every other respondent simply because one person doesn’t appreciate the feedback they received, seems rather CENSORious.

:locked:
Eve said:
Okay, I have a problem with closing of a thread simply because the “creator” wants it closed. If the dumb ass didn’t like the response they got, they shouldn’t have created the topic in the first place. But, to squelch the voices of every other respondent simply because one person doesn’t appreciate the feedback they received, seems rather CENSORious.

well the creator made the thread so he/she can do whatever they want with it.

Eve said:
Okay, I have a problem with closing of a thread simply because the “creator” wants it closed.

Maybe it's the instant coffee I'm drinking but I do agree with Eve about this one! :P

I really do dislike it when the creator of a thread "requests" or even worse, "publicly" requests in the thread to close the flaming thread when everyone can "agree to disagree". There have been good threads that has been closed that I wished it wasn't.

I wanted to put my two cents in and we could go past the flaming as well. You will notice in other sections in this forum, a thread starts as introducing the discussing, flaming and then it dims down. (unless someone bumps it up and the whole process repeats.) Maybe we can take a consensus about this?

Just my two cents here....
2cents.gif

Eve said:
Okay, I have a problem with closing of a thread simply because the “creator” wants it closed. they shouldn’t have created the topic in the first place. But, to squelch the voices of every other respondent simply because one person doesn’t appreciate the feedback they received, seems rather CENSORious.

I has to agree that the creator should think twice before create his/her thread in first place.

I think it´s silly condition to close the thread where there´re no insulting/bashing that´s just because the creator do not appreciate the feedback from members here.

Creator has right to request to lock his/her thread.

Isn't that right, AJ?

well, i guess it wouldnt be against the rules for someone else to revive the topic with themself as the "creator" then?

Personally, I also find it annoying that someone will create a thread, and then, request to have it shut down. What's the point of creating a thread if you're just going to shut it down; especially when more often then not, you're only doing so because you've been chafed by another member's opinion.

I honestly think we all have a responsibilty to develop thick skins. We're not all going to like what another member may bring to the table, but, we all should be mature enough to handle it without running to a moderator to have a thread locked. I've had things thrown at me I didn't like, and I handled it. I can dish it AND take it. We need to have more of this. This is not Kindergarten, folks. We can either agree to disagree like already has been mentioned, or when a member offends us, we can be men and women enough to handle things ourselves without having to run to "our Mommies (or daddies)"

I also think that alittle thought beforehand can go along way. If you think a topic is going to be too much for the forum, don't post it!

mld4ds said:

Isn't that right, AJ?

hey dude i didn't request that thread to be locked about the confederate flag. but i have had threads locked before because people were talking about stuff that had absolutley nothing to do with the topic.

Cookie Monster said:
You can stop with the underhanded antagonizing of certain members because it serves no purpose here.

I simply asked AJ but he surely misunderstood my question. AJ already requested Mods to close the thread. Is this about Closed Thread? Am I dead wrong? Oh boy, you sure are a friend with AJ as a favorism.

mld4ds said:
I simply asked AJ but he surely misunderstood my question. AJ already requested Mods to close the thread. Is this about Closed Thread? Am I dead wrong? Oh boy, you sure are a friend with AJ as a favorism.

I will quote Eve on this...

"What does this have to do with the price of tea in China?!"

and I will rephrase myself if you do not understand my previous post...

If you are trying to fluff up your feathers by bullying members, it's not working as it is all hot air.

Cookie Monster said:
I will quote Eve on this...

"What does this have to do with the price of tea in China?!"

and I will rephrase myself if you do not understand my previous post...

If you are trying to fluff up your feathers by bullying members, it's not working as it is all hot air.

:rofl:

okay, cookie monster and i RARELY see eye-to-eye on any subject, and AJ and I can hardly even stand each other, and yet I am agreeing with both of them here. What's wrong with this picture, mld? (maybe it's YOU *gasp*)

Eve said:
okay, cookie monster and i RARELY see eye-to-eye on any subject, and AJ and I can hardly even stand each other, and yet I am agreeing with both of them here. What's wrong with this picture, mld? (maybe it's YOU *gasp*)

Is there any harmful to your thread or monster or AJ to my question?

If you do not want me to response in your thread, PM to Mods...

you know what is even worse than a "creator" closing a topic? it's someone who comes along and causes such an uproar because no one is agreeing with them, that they FORCE the mods to close a perfectly good topic. now then, whooooooo could I be referring to here? hmmmmmmm?

Eve said:
you know what is even worse than a "creator" closing a topic? it's someone who comes along and causes such an uproar because no one is agreeing with them, that they FORCE the mods to close a perfectly good topic. now then, whooooooo could I be referring to here? hmmmmmmm?

who me? :dunno:

btw, it's not necessarily WHAT you say, as HOW you say it. at least i know when i am being a bitch.

Back