Craigslist

ClearSky

Reaction score
I have been wanting to use Craigslist for awhile to search for a job, but I am not sure how to use it. Could someone who used it help?

For example, I know you don't post your personal information when you respond, but do you post your last name when you respond? Do you post your personal job history right away? When is it okay to respond with personal information? What should I ask of the person to provide me to identify they are not a scam?

This website doesn't explain anything how to proceed in answering an add.

Thank you for your help.

I would never give my info on craigslist at all ever ..I would email them asking them questions and tell them you will not respond with your info now but you can and will mail it or fax it or some other way..most have names or phone number's of the company, if you can't call maybe someone else can Like I have someone do for me all the time.

I sell on craigslist daily this is how I make extra money to live on since SSDI SUCKSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!! Good luck to you ..

Craigslist is a place many people spam at, but it also lists legit ads too. Never give out your personal information publicly. Always email them, and if they respond with an actual reply, then if you trust them, then you can email them the number or contact information.

There are two different cases. If you are replying an ad that is hiring then you will be sending them your resume instead of posting it on the craigslist. In that case if you are not comfortable giving your personal information you can take your address and phone number out of the resume and just leave your name and email address. If they are interested in you, they would contact you for the next step. Although it depends where you are applying. If it really turns out to be a big corporation their HR department may want to see full information on resumes. Its up to you to evaluate the situation and send the right kind of resume to right company.

The other case is you are posting your resume on craigslist and waiting employers to contact you. In that case you do not put there your phone number and address. You of course should add your name there . I dont think a harm would come from adding your name , using only your first or last name may be ok too, but there needs to be a name , otherwise people either will think you are too secretive or they just simply wont know how to address you while making a contact.

At the end , use your common sense. Giving out name or cell phone number (if you are using) is usually considered ok since name is meaningless just by itself and cell phone numbers can easily be replaced. Giving your address, social security number or any financial information is dangerous since they can be abused, and so on...

Hermes

I only meant posting any info through e-mail when responding to a job ad, but I don't mean posting contact info or resume on craigslist. No way.

I just didn't know how much to say in response to a job ad through e-mail regarding contact info and job history when first responding. I didn't know what the first step should be, then when it is okay to give the rest of the info.

I only meant posting any info through e-mail when responding to a job ad, but I don't mean posting contact info or resume on craigslist. No way.

I just didn't know how much to say in response to a job ad through e-mail regarding contact info and job history when first responding. I didn't know what the first step should be, then when it is okay to give the rest of the info.

Tsk, the banish had me held. Anyways, you're lucky that I have found hundreds of jobs on Craigslist.com, and I just know what to say, but that kinda depends on your position. What are you looking for?

Usually, I'd introduce myself, then explain why I feel that I can be a great additional to the team. Then after that explain what you can do for the company. Be sure to include your skills and mention that you have mentioned most of your talents on your resume. It's pretty easy, like a cover letter to introduce yourself.

If you'd like me to type up a letter regarding your desired position, I'll help out. :)

ebay is more reliable when it comes to wanting to buy stuff but craigslist does sooooooooooooo much more.

and the personals crack me up everytime.

Back