Court of public opinion looms large in George Zimmerman murder trial

Zimmerman's case is closed but this thread is still open. :hmm:

Zimmerman's case is closed but this thread is still open. :hmm:

OP (RR) has request the moderator to close it and it is her decision.

When closed, other members may repost so not worth to close it.

I can't open it either. It says "Not Found." :dunno:

For some reason when I post the links here do not work , but I found at least 10 links saying Zimmerman attacked his g/f and the case was dropped when Zimmerman agreed to go alcohol abuses classes . Zimmerman has violent temper like it not!

Court documents obtained by msnbc.com show that George Zimmerman, the neighborhood watch volunteer accused of killing 17-year-old Trayvon Martin, was previously accused of domestic violence, tussling with a police officer and speeding.

According to the documents, Zimmerman went to court in 2005 and 2006 for these incidents.

Msnbc.com reports that in 2005, Zimmerman was arrested and charged with “resisting officer with violence” and “battery of law enforcement officer.” He was 20 years old at the time and both charges are third-degree felonies.

According to the report, the charges were reduced to “resisting officer without violence” and then waived when he entered an alcohol education program. Msnbc.com reports that accounts indicated Zimermann shoved an officer who was questioning a friend for alleged underage drinking at a bar.

Msnbc.com reports that in 2005, Zimmerman’s ex-fiancee, Veronica Zuazo, filed a motion for a restraining order and alleged domestic violence. Zimmerman counterfiled for a restraining order against Zuazo. Both restraining orders’ were granted.

In December 2006, msnbc.com reports that Zimmerman was charged with speeding -- but the case was later dismissed when the officer failed to show up in court.

According to a Miami Herald investigation, early in the investigation in the death of Martin, the Sanford Police Department requested an arrest warrant from the Seminole County State Attorney’s office.

Read more: http://www.wptv.com/dpp/news/state/...cused-of-domestic-violence#ixzz2eLWTuUZUCourt documents obtained by msnbc.com show that George Zimmerman, the neighborhood watch volunteer accused of killing 17-year-old Trayvon Martin, was previously accused of domestic violence, tussling with a police officer and speeding.

Wirelessly posted

The guy is becoming arrogent. He now thinks he is invincible. Two speeding tickets. Even his soon to be ex stated his whole attitude has changed. She stood by him in court and he never shows up for her court hearings. *How nice of him*

For some reason when I post the links here do not work , but I found at least 10 links saying Zimmerman attacked his g/f and the case was dropped when Zimmerman agreed to go alcohol abuses classes . Zimmerman has violent temper like it not!

Court documents obtained by msnbc.com show that George Zimmerman, the neighborhood watch volunteer accused of killing 17-year-old Trayvon Martin, was previously accused of domestic violence, tussling with a police officer and speeding.

According to the documents, Zimmerman went to court in 2005 and 2006 for these incidents.

Msnbc.com reports that in 2005, Zimmerman was arrested and charged with “resisting officer with violence” and “battery of law enforcement officer.” He was 20 years old at the time and both charges are third-degree felonies.

According to the report, the charges were reduced to “resisting officer without violence” and then waived when he entered an alcohol education program. Msnbc.com reports that accounts indicated Zimermann shoved an officer who was questioning a friend for alleged underage drinking at a bar.

Msnbc.com reports that in 2005, Zimmerman’s ex-fiancee, Veronica Zuazo, filed a motion for a restraining order and alleged domestic violence. Zimmerman counterfiled for a restraining order against Zuazo. Both restraining orders’ were granted.

In December 2006, msnbc.com reports that Zimmerman was charged with speeding -- but the case was later dismissed when the officer failed to show up in court.

According to a Miami Herald investigation, early in the investigation in the death of Martin, the Sanford Police Department requested an arrest warrant from the Seminole County State Attorney’s office.

Read more: George Zimmerman was arrested before Trayvon Martin case, accused of domestic violence, fighting documents obtained by msnbc.com show that George Zimmerman, the neighborhood watch volunteer accused of killing 17-year-old Trayvon Martin, was previously accused of domestic violence, tussling with a police officer and speeding.
Know what? The link you posted above was posted on 3/28/12 so it's OLD news.

Still obsessed with him?

Happening right now.

Lake Mary Police Chief Steve Bracknell says Shellie Zimmerman called police shortly after 2 p.m. Monday.

ORLANDO, Fla. — George Zimmerman's wife has called police to her father's house, saying the former neighborhood watch volunteer who was acquitted of murder threatened her with a gun.

Lake Mary Police Chief Steve Bracknell says Shellie Zimmerman called police shortly after 2 p.m. Monday.

Bracknell says Zimmerman hasn't been arrested and officers are at the house trying to determine what happened.

Shellie Zimmerman filed for divorce last week.

In the divorce petition, Shellie Zimmerman says she and her husband separated a month after Zimmerman was acquitted of any crime for fatally shooting Trayvon Martin last July.

Zimmerman's acquittal led to protests nationwide.
Zimmerman detained over domestic violence incident

I was posting the Zimmerman been detained for domestic violence , before I realize this been posted already. Sound like a real nice guy , Not!

from your link -

ORLANDO, Fla. — George Zimmerman's wife says on a 911 call that her estranged husband punched her father in the nose, grabbed an iPad out of her hand and smashed it and threatened them both with a gun.

Shellie Zimmerman said Monday on the 911 call that she was scared because she didn't know what George Zimmerman is capable of doing.

She says he had his hand on his gun while he was in his car.

According to the Orlando Sentinel, Shellie and her father have declined to press charges.

it doesn't matter in Florida if a victim doesn't want to file a charge or not because in the state of Florida - the state will be victim and the police will automatically arrest and charge an aggressor with domestic violence. it will be up to prosecutor to proceed ahead or not depending on evidence.

Florida has one of the strictest domestic violence law in America and thanks god for it! you know the best part? Domestic Violence charge will never ever be expunged or sealed from your record.... and that also means Zimmerman will lose his Constitutional rights to Amendment 2 :thumb:

Domestic Violence Questions Answers Attorney Eric Dirga Orlando Kissimmee Sanford
Q6. My wife/girlfriend told the police that she did not want to press charges but I was arrested anyway. Now she told the State Attorney's Office that she wants the case dropped - but they won't drop it. Can they do that? How can they continue under those circumstances?

A6. Yes, they can do what they are doing and they can attempt to prosecute you despite your wife's position regarding the case. Many successful prosecutions of domestic violence cases have been done without having the victim testify. The State may have other evidence that they feel will be enough to convict you such as excited utterances, photos of injuries, admissible statements, etc. Believe it or not, people have been found guilty of these offenses even when the alleged victim has taken the stand and denied it ever happened. The Fourth District Court of Appeal stated back in 1999 that the "decision to prosecute does not lie with the [alleged] victim of the crime." State v. Wheeler, 745 So.2d 1094 (Fla. 4th DCA 1999).

Rights of the "Victim" are cast aside.

When the State Attorney's Office files charges against a person accusing them of domestic violence they must list a victim to prove their case. The legislature has given alleged "victims" of crime many statutory rights found in Chapter 960 of the Florida Statutes. Among these rights, which we will get to in a moment, is the legal definition of a victim = "any person who suffers personal physical injury or death as a direct result of a crime." Crimes are defined by the criminal statutes but whether a person has suffered a personal physical injury is (or should be) defined by the alleged victim!

For example, a couple that routinely expresses themselves by abrupt physical contact (like the way Elaine on the TV show Seinfeld routinely shoved other characters and said "get out!") are not committing crimes against each other even though such an act has all the elements of a battery.

When the State files a charge of domestic violence the victim has specific statutory rights. Among these are the statutory right to be present at all proceedings and hearings relating to (1) the arrest of the accused, (2) the release or modification of release conditions of the accused pending judicial proceedings, (3) and the prosecution of the accused.

Additionally the victim has a right to express views about the (1) release of the accused pending judicial proceedings, (2) any plea agreement, (3) participation in pretrial diversion programs, and (4) sentencing of the accused.

So what happens when the "victim" expresses the view that she does not want to testify or prosecute the case against the accused? Often the victim's expression is ignored - even when the alleged victim's expression indicates that she is not a victim of a crime.

Seems like a lot of people want Zimmerman to be guilty of something :dunno:

So, he is getting a divorce .... oh well, I guess that makes him violent. I guess his wife, who admitted she lied under oath, would never dare try to get the upper hand in their divorce by making a false accusation that the public would readily eat up. :roll:

No, not in a million billion years ...

Seems like a lot of people want Zimmerman to be guilty of something :dunno:

So, he is getting a divorce .... oh well, I guess that makes him violent. I guess his wife, who admitted she lied under oath, would never dare try to get the upper hand in their divorce by making a false accusation that the public would readily eat up. :roll:

No, not in a million billion years ...

No, I trying to show that guy has a violent temper and is not the Mr. Nice Guy a lot of people think he is. . Boy you are in denial , like it not the guy did punch his father in law in his nose and threaten to shot his father in law and wife . And you still think Zimmerman is not violent . Did you stop to think this could be way they're getting a divorce , it sound like they both have a temper and Zimmerman could say he shot his wife in self defense and hope to get away with it.

Back