Court of public opinion looms large in George Zimmerman murder trial

you know this..... how?
TM's friend on the phone didn't mention about a gun pointing at TM. He would say, "Oh shit, cracker why you pointing a gun at me for?". She would have heard it as well but no because GZ didn't point his gun at TM. I bet you that the prosecutor is not going to prove that GZ pointed a gun at TM during the confrontation.

TM's friend on the phone didn't mention about a gun pointing at TM. He would say, "Oh shit, cracker why you pointing a gun at me for?". She would have heard it as well but no because GZ didn't point his gun at TM. I bet you that the prosecutor is not going to prove that GZ pointed a gun at TM during the confrontation.

Zimmerman was probably pointing gun at him when the phone got cut off but then again... who knows?

The prosecutors do not need to prove that Zimmerman was pointing gun at him. They only needed to prove that Zimmerman willfully put himself in danger and that's illegal if you're armed.

Zimmerman was probably pointing gun at him when the phone got cut off but then again... who knows?

The prosecutors do not need to prove that Zimmerman was pointing gun at him. They only needed to prove that Zimmerman willfully put himself in danger and that's illegal if you're armed.
He was not willfully putting himself in danger. That's why he called 911. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Do you have the FL statute for that?

Also, are you saying this justifies a murder charge?

He was not willfully putting himself in danger. That's why he called 911. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
he never called 911.

did you read the transcript that he told a dispatcher that Trayvon's got something in his hands and pants and he's up to something no good... and yet he got out of car to follow him? you don't think that's dangerous to do that?

from Zimmerman's phone call - it sounds like Trayvon is a dangerous person, don't you think so?

Neither of these statements answer the questions. And merely following someone would not be vigilantism.

armed? taking matters into one's hands? making comment like "these goons. they all get away". absolutely. yes it is.

there's absolutely no reason to get out of your car to follow somebody whom you've just described to a dispatcher as dangerous and "up to something no good". that's just crazy.... unless he's crazy.

armed? taking matters into one's hands? making comment like "these goons. they all get away". absolutely. yes it is.

there's absolutely no reason to get out of your car to follow somebody whom you've just described to a dispatcher as dangerous and "up to something no good". that's just crazy.... unless he's crazy.

There's no reason to eat a bucket of fried chicken in one sitting either, that doesn't make it illegal. :lol:

There's no reason to eat a bucket of fried chicken in one sitting either, that doesn't make it illegal. :lol:

but he didn't do that.

after reporting and stating the fact that Trayvon was a suspicious hostile individual... it's illegal to take matters into your own hands especially when you're armed. it's also illegal to put yourself into danger. the danger didn't come to him... he went to the danger.

that's what police officer is for.

but he didn't do that.

after reporting and stating the fact that Trayvon was a suspicious hostile individual... it's illegal to take matters into your own hands especially when you're armed. it's also illegal to put yourself into danger.

that's what police officer is for.

Do you have a FL Statute for that, or are you assuming?

So, say GZ follows Trayvon (hypothetical) and then even says to Trayvon "Hey, do you live here." And Trayvon gets mad and attacks GZ to the point that GZ thinks his life is in danger.....Can GZ shoot him at that point?

he never called 911.

did you read the transcript that he told a dispatcher that Trayvon's got something in his hands and pants and he's up to something no good... and yet he got out of car to follow him? you don't think that's dangerous to do that?

from Zimmerman's phone call - it sounds like Trayvon is a dangerous person, don't you think so?
What dispatcher? Wasn't it a 911 dispatcher?

Daily Kos: The Rest of Zimmerman's 911 Call (Update)

Zimmerman's self-defense claim vs. Zimmerman's 911 call.
Zimmerman told the Dispatcher that he was following Trayvon Martin.
When told not to follow he said "okay".
Beyond this part of the 911 call, Zimmerman's account is directly contradictory to what the detective told Tracy Martin.
Zimmerman:...He ran.
Zimmerman:...I don't know where this kid is
Zimmerman:
Could you have them call me and I’ll tell them where I’m at? [3:49]
911 dispatcher:
OK, that’s no problem.

Do you have a FL Statute for that, or are you assuming?

So, say GZ follows Trayvon (hypothetical) and then even says to Trayvon "Hey, do you live here." And Trayvon gets mad and attacks GZ to the point that GZ thinks his life is in danger.....Can GZ shoot him at that point?
are you assuming?

No. Hence ==> (Hypothetical)

let's face it. you believe it is what happened.

again - the Florida law is very absolutely clear about this. You CANNOT put yourself into a potentially-hostile situation as what you've described in your hypothetical situation. You are REQUIRED to walk away from it and not get involved in ANY matter. That is the LAW.

You wanna get involved? put your gun away. or just call 911 and BE GONE.

let's face it. you believe it is what happened.

again - the Florida law is very absolutely clear about this. You CANNOT put yourself into a potentially-hostile situation as what you've described in your hypothetical situation. You are REQUIRED to walk away from it and not get involved in ANY matter. That is the LAW.

So he can't shoot if he is getting his head smashed in at that point? That is the question here.

Back