Court Judge: Pay Interprefer

Liebling:-))) said:
Tousi said:
No, you are one who start to complaint about my post...

Haha, your'e joking, right; I merely answered one of your questions and you called it a complaint. Wow, I am so done with you; I have NO fear of any monitor or Alex saying anything to me because I wasn't even close to breaking any rules.

Tousi said:
Okay, then tell me where your Interpreter Agencies get their funding?

Each Major in states receive funding from Federal government every year. Major can decide with funding what he/she budget to support to agencies, building, companies, etc. what he/she can. Everyone have to apply Major every year for support. That´s what we have Interpreter Agency for the deaf do that. Interpreter Agency made their own rule what they can pay or not and see how much they pay interpreters for a year then make an application to Major when the annual is end... Each have their funding with different rules. We have to go to City Hall to make an application or Legal Adviser if we need money for Interpreter when there´re no rule in Interpreter Agency´s list.

Tousi said:
Haha, your'e joking, right; I merely answered one of your questions and you called it a complaint. Wow, I am so done with you; I have NO fear of any monitor or Alex saying anything to me because I wasn't even close to breaking any rules.

If I misunderstand your first post as what you say... then accept my apology please.

That's alright, Leibling. What I was saying was that the justice system here in America and justice system in some European countries are at POLAR opposites. Here we are innocent until proven guilty. In some places in Europe, you are guilty until you prove you are not guilty.

Ok, now, where does the money for the Interpreting Agencies in Germany come from?

Tousi said:
That's alright, Leibling. What I was saying was that the justice system here in America and justice system in some European countries are at POLAR opposites. Here we are innocent until proven guilty. In some places in Europe, you are guilty until you prove you are not guilty.

Yes, I´m agree that the justice system between Europe and America is too opposite, that´s how I learn a lot from American forums.

Ok, now, where does the money for the Interpreting Agencies in Germany come from?

Taxpayer...

Taxpayer...

Ah, the taxpayer....just what I thought...from the government because the taxpayers send the money to the government and the government sends some to terp agencies.

Whew, that was a long trip!
:thumb:

Liebling,

Interesting about your country looks alike Commiust?

Isn't fair for Hearing people are easily access everything can goes to lawyer or court.. no need an intepreter..

But Deaf people are gonna EXTRA EXTRA pay more cost expense on court and interpreter.... *yikes*~ :eek:

ain't fun for Deaf Germany!

Nah, Germany isn't communist. I could make some jokes but, .....nah....

Tousi said:
Ah, the taxpayer....just what I thought...from the government because the taxpayers send the money to the government and the government sends some to terp agencies.

Whew, that was a long trip!
:thumb:

:rofl:

It´s not federal government´s decision for send money to terp agencies but Major. Major can say no what he/she want to. Ferderal government send funding to each majors around Germany.

Ok, but the money STILL comes from your federal. Btw, what/who is a/the Major? Or did you mean Mayor?

GalaxyAngel said:
Liebling,

Interesting about your country looks alike Commiust?

Isn't fair for Hearing people are easily access everything can goes to lawyer or court.. no need an intepreter..

But Deaf people are gonna EXTRA EXTRA pay more cost expense on court and interpreter.... *yikes*~ :eek:

ain't fun for Deaf Germany!

:rofl: Germany is not communist. Yes, they are unfair about interpreter cost over divorce situation only. Crimes - Depend what they can pay or not... If they are not guilty, the interpreter cost is cover up.

Depend on divorce situation, you need proof that volience domestic, etc in your marriage life then interpreter cost is cover up.

I am agree with some of my German friends saying: "Why should Interpreter Agency pay you to hire interpreter to lawyer for divorce application because you left your husband or your wife for other man/woman or have an affair with other man or woman".? I remind them about hearing...

Tousi said:
Ok, but the money STILL comes from your federal. Btw, what/who is a/the Major? Or did you mean Mayor?

Sorry I confused with German language.. Yes Mayor... Is American langage "Governor"?

Tousi said:
Deafclimber said: "The lawyer paid when we were in process."

So, most likely, the lawyer included the interpreter's fee in your bill, right?

no... we didnt pay one cent for interpreter fee.

Sorry I confused with German language.. Yes Mayor... Is American langage "Governor"?

No, in America, a Mayor presides over a city; a Governor presides over a State.....

Tousi said:
No, in America, a Mayor presides over a city; a Governor presides over a State.....

Thank you for explanation. I got it. No, we dont have Governor here in Germany but Mayor of City on each state.

deafclimber said:

Deafclimber, hi. Was the divorce based on the common "irreconcilable differences" and NOT of a criminal nature? If yes, then who paid for the interpreter in this divorce? If it was the taxpayers, then that was not right...prolly fell thru the cracks or funds abused. Imagine having taxpayers paying for divorces cuz a deaf couple can't get along! Oh, man! Talk about suckling on the government teat! Burns me up!

EyesBlueDeaf said:
You have something against NJAD?

I'm sorry to say but his story doesnt make any sense. I happen to know most of the court interpreters in NJ (yes, I happen to live in New Joisey, too)..they have their interpreting fees already taken care of before accepting the assignment. :deal:
I know that the terps from our company are hired by the courts, and paid by the courts.

Lawyers hire and pay for terps for their office appointments.

Tousi said:
Something tells me the originator of this topic isn't telling the whole story.
Possibly. The only exception I can think of where the Deaf person would be responsible for paying ALL the fees is if that person had brought a frivolous civil suit to court. Then, he might be responsible for ALL costs as a punitive measure.

deafclimber said:

Yes you did, and so did everyone else who sees this lawyer. You may not have seen it on your bill but the lawyer had to recover his costs somehow.

dkf747 said:
Yes you did, and so did everyone else who sees this lawyer. You may not have seen it on your bill but the lawyer had to recover his costs somehow.

nope dont tell me i am wrong. you were not with me. enough talk.. thank you.

Back