Copyright Bill Makes It Easier to Target Illegal Filesharing

Ford Focus is made for commoners.....should they lower their price just because some people can't afford it? Timex is made for commoners.....should they?.......Again watches and cars are not necessities.....neither are PCs or games. If people can't afford them they should either work more,change to a better paying job or find a new hobby. "I can't afford it" is no excuse for breaking the rules whether it is a luxury item or entertainment for commoners.

then explain why iTunes is raking in profits while RIAA is suffering?

hint - iTune.
hint - we're not talking about luxury item for rich people. we're talking about product for commoners

Precisely. iTunes has one of those content distribution methods that are highly successful.

Granted it's music and in its own area (sometimes, just being music can make it different from other software) it is an idea to look towards for the future way business is conducted.

Ford Focus is made for commoners.....should they lower their price just because some people can't afford it? Timex is made for commoners.....should they?.......Again watches and cars are not necessities.....neither are PCs or games. If people can't afford them they should either work more,change to a better paying job or find a new hobby. "I can't afford it" is no excuse for breaking the rules whether it is a luxury item or entertainment for commoners.

Wow, that's unbelieve because you are not PC gamer.

Sorry, you are incorrect because PC can be cheaper to build, depends on parts and there is plenty of cheaper PC games, especially Steam, Amazon and ebay.

btw TXGolfer - dontchaknow that Henry Ford's business paradigm is to make its car cheaper for commoners to afford? :aw:

No matter how pessimistic towards how pirating is done, if you read the investor/economic thoughts and statements for the future of piracy, they mention the ideal way of conducting successful business would be really close to a pirate model.

A recent study from CNN or one of the investor blurbs did some research and found that even if prices are slashed in half for software, the piracy ratio remains the same. We're talking about $200 software becoming $100, etc. Even though the price was slashed, the revenue remained the same. They were puzzled why?

There are multiple perspectives in how to fix the problem, a lot of them mimic a future perspective towards an ideal content distribution method, and almost all of them involve directly downloading the file online.

P2P is also highly successful in certain situations / variations software. It's not 100% illegal. Like for instance, Blizzard has found that by allowing users to p2p their patches and updates for World of Warcraft, they are able to reduce the load and strain of bandwidth hogging on their servers. This is the same thing that goes on with Linux distros.

Links?

Using a product without permission is wrong.....doesn't matter at all what future business models hold. It doesn't matter if there isn't a loss. No means no.....I heard that somewhere anyway.

Sorry, you are incorrect because PC can be cheaper to build, depends on parts and there is plenty of cheaper PC games, especially Steam, Amazon and ebay.

sssssshhhhhhhhh :aw:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=86AJje3ElDc[/ame]

I built a fast system a few months ago for under $100. Very cheap parts these days.
smile.png

$30 E3300 2.5ghz -> equivalent to E6500-E7200 series
$20 775 mATX board
$50 4gb OCZ DDR2

$100 cheap system easy.

Also did i7 for a little while, a little more but not much

$180 i7 920 1366
$125 x58 1366 board
$85 4GB DDR3 1600

$390, not too much more for super fast system near the top of the current pc charts. Like ferrari.

Apparently you don't understand my post.....it had nothing to do with can things be cheaper nor did it have anything to do with are there cheap products.

People who can afford games and PCs certainly have the right to buy them :lol: And if a manufacturer decides to sell a PC for less that is certainly fine to...... But there is no right that entitles anyone to a PC or games

btw TXGolfer - dontchaknow that Henry Ford's business paradigm is to make its car cheaper for commoners to afford? :aw:

Wonderful....And if others choose to follow that.....wonderful. But, no one is required to follow that model. And lack of following that model does not in turn entitle the commoners to that product.

I built a fast system a few months ago for under $100. Very cheap parts these days.
smile.png

$30 E3300 2.5ghz -> equivalent to E6500-E7200 series
$20 775 mATX board
$50 4gb OCZ DDR2

$100 cheap system easy.

Also did i7 for a little while, a little more but not much

$180 i7 920 1366
$125 x58 1366 board
$85 4GB DDR3 1600

$390, not too much more for super fast system near the top of the current pc charts. Like ferrari.

You should make a bunch of them and donate them to poor kids and poor schools

Links?

Using a product without permission is wrong.....doesn't matter at all what future business models hold. It doesn't matter if there isn't a loss. No means no.....I heard that somewhere anyway.

you do realize that your way of reasoning and logic is anti-democracy? Let me explain -

"I'm sorry but it doesn't matter. it's stealing. it's theft. I'm sorry you can't afford it but it's still theft." blah blah....

OK - by that logic.... we should be quiet and be a good law-abiding citizen and obey the law and obey the government. Do not protest for "change". Do not demand "change". That means - Martin Luther King, Jr. would not happened. Rosa Park would not happened. Tienanmen Square would not happened. Women's Suffrage would not happen. Boston Tea Party would not happen. Virginia's thousand-dollars speeding ticket fines would not be repealed.

We are revolting against RIAA/MPAA because they are stealing from hard-working people who would like to reap in financial benefit of what they love doing. We are revolting against tyrannical corporations who hired government to bully us and to steal from us. :cool2:

6jn589.png

You should make a bunch of them and donate them to poor kids and poor schools

:confused:
Why am I the target to do this now? Why can't you?

I already donate my older parts to charity.

Attacking the person here now aren't we? Don't lowball it out.

Links?

No one said it was without permission. You're putting words into my mouth that I never said.

Read the way Microsoft Photo Story series was released. Hint: This is done by Microsoft
How to stop piracy ? Provide free software - Digital Inspiration

There are more, I don't recall all the past articles I've read and I need to dig them out. But I don't feel the urge to do it if people are playing armchair professionalists here. I know I have done my share of reading, and I don't bicker random nonsense shit just because someone on the forum isn't agreeing with me.

you do realize that your way of reasoning and logic is anti-democracy? Let me explain -

"I'm sorry but it doesn't matter. it's stealing. it's theft. I'm sorry you can't afford it but it's still theft." blah blah....

OK - by that logic.... we should be quiet and be a good law-abiding citizen and obey the law and obey the government. Do not protest for "change". Do not demand "change". That means - Martin Luther King, Jr. would not happened. Rosa Park would not happened. Tienanmen Square would not happened. Women's Suffrage would not happen. Boston Tea Party would not happen. Virginia's thousand-dollars speeding ticket fines would not be repealed.

We are revolting against RIAA/MPAA because they are stealing from hard-working people who would like to reap in financial benefit of what they love doing. We are revolting against tyrannical corporations who hired government to bully us and to steal from us. :cool2:

6jn589.png

:laugh2:

King=civil rights=govt
Parks=civil rights=govt
Women's rights=govt
Boston tea party=tax protest=govt

RIAA/MPAA=unions=private enterprise

Americans have a RIGHT to a government that is fair
Americans do not have a RIGHT to products/services

And although the Boston tea party did damage products....none of your top examples took products/services for personal use as part of their protest. Rosa Parks even paid her bus fare. In fact her whole story would have been different if she had not paid it.

:confused:
Why am I the target to do this now? Why can't you?

I already donate my older parts to charity.

Attacking the person here now aren't we? Don't lowball it out.

No attack just a suggestion....I encourage all people to give in ways they can....I give tons to charity.

No one said it was without permission. You're putting words into my mouth that I never said.

Read the way Microsoft Photo Story series was released. Hint: This is done by Microsoft
How to stop piracy ? Provide free software - Digital Inspiration

There are more, I don't recall all the past articles I've read and I need to dig them out. But I don't feel the urge to do it if people are playing armchair professionalists here. I know I have done my share of reading, and I don't bicker random nonsense shit just because someone on the forum isn't agreeing with me.

Not putting words in your mouth....I was stating my position. If permission is granted I say p2p away......if permission is not granted it's wrong. Pretty simple

RIAA/MPAA=unions=private enterprise

Americans have a RIGHT to a government that is fair

oh?? fair government?? really?? you sure about that government is "for us".... not for corporations with $$$ like RIAA/MPAA?

:hmm:

Back