Considering implant for your child

You mistake me for someone who has an interest in you.

Only pointing out for Nic that you are nothing but a hearie who lost it, then got implanted.

You are not Deaf and know nothing about it.

All your views are hearing centric.

I don't think HOH=ME ever claimed to be anything other than someone that had hearing, lost it, and then was implanted. He then goes on to say that he is grateful for the ability to hear again and recommends it to others including babies.

I don't think HOH=ME ever claimed to be anything other than someone that had hearing, lost it, and then was implanted. He then goes on to say that he is grateful for the ability to hear again and recommends it to others including babies.

His post was insulting,and condescending, dripping deep in audism...he also says so what regarding implanting our babies, essentially he trolled the thread...he offered no valube imput on the issue, he gloats, and dimisses Deaf on this thread,
And thus he was handled

His post was insulting,and condescending, dripping deep in audism...he also says so what regarding implanting our babies, essentially he trolled the thread...he offered no valube imput on the issue, he gloats, and dimisses Deaf on this thread,
And thus he was handled

Hoichi, you know what comes across as insulting and condescending? Referring to deaf babies as "ours." Other people's deaf babies aren't "yours" and you don't get to have a say in whether they get implanted or not; their parents do. It's a bit creepy when you imply that you know what's best for other people's deaf kids just because you also can't hear. You don't like it when babies get cochlear implants - we get that. But yeah, so what? Parents get to choose the culture their children are brought up in. They get to choose their child's religion, schools, and all kinds of other things for their children. Other people making legal choices for their babies isn't any of my business and isn't any of yours, either.

His post was insulting,and condescending, dripping deep in audism...he also says so what regarding implanting our babies, essentially he trolled the thread...he offered no valuable input on the issue, he gloats, and dismisses Deaf on this thread,
And thus he was handled

This forum is "Alldeaf" so you are going to have to recognize that all different viewpoints have an equal right to be expressed (and will be).

I believe this forum was created mainly for those who were born deaf (medically) and are immersed in Deaf culture now, either from birth or later (if they were raised orally).

The fact that they tolerate those of us who are deaf/HoH and have not chosen to learn ASL and immerse ourselves in Deaf culture is appreciated by myself. I know I have probably made audist statements in the few years I've been here and I apologize for that.

Just as it is hard for me to imagine what it is like to grow up deaf, I'm sure it is hard for those who were born deaf or lost their hearing at a young age to imagine what it is like to hear.

You mistake me for someone who has an interest in you.

Only pointing out for Nic that you are nothing but a hearie who lost it, then got implanted.

You are not Deaf and know nothing about it.

All your views are hearing centric.

You are wrong. I am deaf, but my deafness has been fixed with CI's.

Just curious--for those that think HA's and CI's are evil, do you wear glasses or would you wear them if your sight required it????

This forum is "Alldeaf" so you are going to have to recognize that all different viewpoints have an equal right to be expressed (and will be).

No, this forum is Hearing Aids and Cochlear Implants :).

One mother in a parent of deaf and hoh children FB group claim that it is because of her son's 2nd implant, he is in advanced math.

Ok if people are implanting babies which is their business BUT that view that this mother holds will be rampant in which will leave those deaf who don't have implants with a stigma as if they aren't as smart, functioning, or as valued as those who have implants.

These audist views that does nobody any good and I see examples of those views here in this thread. Seriously?

Just curious--for those that think HA's and CI's are evil, do you wear glasses or would you wear them if your sight required it????

I was referring to the entire forum. It is divided into sections one of which is Hearing Aids and Cochlear Implants. I do feel that these comments you have made here are in the right section.

I was referring to the entire forum. It is divided into sections one of which is Hearing Aids and Cochlear Implants. I do feel that these comments you have made here are in the right section.
The part I don't get is why someone with hearing loss that functions in a totally hearing world and does not sign, is not on The AG Bell, or CI focused forums/communities. To come here and preach audism seems a bit like trolling?

Isn't the name of this forum "ALLDEAF.Com"?
Thus "presumably" the DEAF who use a Cochlear Implant can be part and not be considered- "trolling?

Thus "presumably" the DEAF who use a Cochlear Implant can be part and not be considered- "trolling?

As far as I know, you're the only DEAF person on this forum. The rest of us are either deaf or Deaf.

[

Hoichi, you know what comes across as insulting and condescending? Referring to deaf babies as "ours." Other people's deaf babies aren't "yours"r.

They are as much ours as any born to any cultural or linguistic minoority. Be insulted all you want..meh

and you don't get to have a say in whether they get implanted or not; their parents do.r.

Indeed water is wet. actually parents should give a listen to what we are trying to inform them off. Yeah i get it, your the kind to be easily manipuluted by marketing and false promises, clearly just a typical religious adherent, unable to see past you idol...and maricle cure...meh

It's a bit creepy when you imply that you know what's best for other people's deaf kids just because you also can't hear. r.
Thats not the reason at all....what is very creepy, is the religious devotion you share in frothing at the mouth visions of implantng our babies....yeah this assimilation is creepy...

You don't like it when babies get cochlear implants - we get that. But yeah, so what? r.

Your just dismissing us Deaf in this statement.....

Parents get to choose the culture their children are brought up in. They get to choose their child's religion, schools, and all kinds of other things for their children. Other people making legal choices for their babies isn't any of my business and isn't any of yours, either.
what is happining, the implants the assimilation, the attacks on my people and culture, our language..is My bussiness.
Whether audist like you, like it or not..

This forum is allDeaf, the subforum is hearing aids and ci.
Comparing glasses to.ci doesnt hold, as it ignores culture and language, and history, and the effects of this technology of normalization and assimilation on our future.

Last edited:

Thats not the issue...allDeafis open to everyine, Deaf, deaf, hearies..
And you know it

[

They are as much ours as any born to any cultural or linguistic minoority..

Nope. They only become this so-called "cultural or linguistic minority" by deprivation of both a sense and their natural culture. Their natural culture is the one they are born into within their family.

A tiny group of Deafies salivating over an infant born into the world with a broken sense, hungry to grab them from their families and natural culture to make them like them is creepy. Their lack of or limitation in that sense doesn't automatically make them one of yours anymore than an adult going deaf does. There are ways to prevent their being sucked into a culture that depends on inability to interact with the world at large, just like becoming religious can be staved off by education.

I'm for full access for children born or going deaf. They can decide as they get older if they want to be part of or even like your world. They'll have that choice versus just defaulting because they have no choice.

This is a great thread! Any parent with half a brain reading it is going to do everything they can for their child to access world at large versus handing them over to deaf adherents that use cultish "logic."

It really is bizarre that a "late-deafened" individual shows no signs of ever having actually been that and is one of those being loudest about "culture"... a culture you were never born into and is not really yours... which explains the loud protesting whereas one who actually was born into it would be more likely to have a live and let live approach.

[

Nope. They only become this so-called "cultural or linguistic minority" by deprivation of both a sense and their natural culture. Their natural culture is the one they are born into within their family. h.
Nope. Sign is the birth right language for Deaf....
Its not so called. We ARE a culture, sign IS a language, and we ARE a minority...areyou arguing we Deaf are the majority??

A tiny group of Deafies salivating over an infant born into the world with a broken sense, hungry to grab them from their families and natural culture to make them like them is creepy. h.

We are actually not a tiny group...you seem to be an expert on us...let me ask you something, to help gauge your expertise here
Do you sign?

Their lack of or limitation in that sense doesn't automatically make them one of yours anymore than an adult going deaf does. There are ways to prevent their being sucked into a culture that depends on inability to interact with the world at large, just like becoming religious can be staved off by education. h.

Our culture doesnt depend on inability, your adudism betrays you..our culture rests on ability. Sign is an ability...not a lacking

I'm for full access for children born or going deaf. They can decide as they get older if they want to be part of or even like your world. They'll have that choice versus just defaulting because they have no choice. h.

So you say, excuse me if i feel your full of it..

This is a great thread! Any parent with half a brain reading it is going to do everything they can for their child to access world at large versus handing them over to deaf adherents that use cultish "logic."h.

It truly is, i havnt seen audism like this come out the sewers for a while...your bigotry is shinning

It really is bizarre that a "late-deafened" individual shows no signs of ever having actually been that and is one of those being loudest about "culture"... a culture you were never born into and is not really yours... which explains the loud protesting whereas one who actually was born into it would be more likely to have a live and let live approach.

Its not that bizzare at all. Your post just betrays your utter lack of knowlege of us our history and how we accept people.
I was hearie for 9 years of my life...ive been Deaf a signer for 30...
Our history is full of people that went Deaf just like me at my age who were Deaf and accepted as Deaf,even in leadership positions, storytellers, poets, bizzare....? its not. rare it is not!..You havnt the faintest clue what your on about.
I wont school you here to much, because i know your not sencere...
But give a read of our history, and you will find many many kids that went Deaf, as Deaf. And accepted as such...a famous example would be veditz, of the preservation of sign language fame...we accept you, and our culture becomes yours when you sign and are one of us...or when your born one of us, when sign is denied you...we feel its your birthright language...
Yeah you sit there an authoritaran wagging a finger at me about a culture your posts clearly show you know little about..and you expect to be taken seriously.....
Spare me..
Live and let live? Pls by all means leave our babies and kids the hell alone...take your fetish drils and messiah tech and shove it where i signs dont shine....

Last edited:
But, Deaf babies aren't yours. We can just educate those parents about our subculture. But, if they don't want ASL, then there is nothing that we can do.

It's little weird to claim Deaf babies are your children.

Curious...How are you deaf though? "Its fixed"...

Yes, but I also would not join a blind group and claim I am part of it.

Actually the thread is for CI the fourm is alldeaf... :D

Back