Connecticut school massacre

Oh I understand the knee jerk reaction, omg we have to stop this. I was trying to put it in perspective. You do what you can to make everything as safe as possible. But going to extreme lengths, getting rid of all guns on one extreme, or arming everybody, the other extreme is really a feasible solution.

In my opinion, there is really no answer. We will always have people who snap and will do what it takes to accomplish their "missions" for whatever purpose they serve. Massarces have been happening as far as back to the 1600s..just for different reasons but the killers have similar mental issues. It has to take a lot for a person to go off like that to commit these kinds of crimes.

I have no solution to this, honestly. However, this year it seems like these kinds of public killings have occurred more than usual and I wonder why? The economy?

But the difference is that nobody planned any of these car accidents like this murder was. However, that's why seat belt and other laws regarding driving were laws were implemented . For a gun to kill, someone has to intentionally use it to kill unlike cars. That's why there is this uproar.

You realize, of course that people have used cars to intentionally kill people as well. The Farmer's Market massacre stands out. Not to mention people running over spouses and car bombs.

Lots of children were killed in OKC thanks to a truck bomb. I wonder how many of those children killed in car accidents were due to texting,speeding or other violations. In those cases, laws were in place but that didn't stop anyone.

Fact is, you can make all of the laws you want, but that won't stop people from using things improperly.

In my opinion, there is really no answer. We will always have people who snap and will do what it takes to accomplish their "missions" for whatever purpose they serve. Massarces have been happening as far as back to the 1600s..just for different reasons but the killers have similar mental issues. It has to take a lot for a person to go off like that to commit these kinds of crimes.

I have no solution to this, honestly. However, this year it seems like these kinds of public killings have occurred more than usual and I wonder why? The economy?

why? none. absolutely no correlation with economy or whatsoever.

You realize, of course that people have used cars to intentionally kill people as well. The Farmer's Market massacre stands out. Not to mention people running over spouses and car bombs.

Lots of children were killed in OKC thanks to a truck bomb. I wonder how many of those children killed in car accidents were due to texting,speeding or other violations. In those cases, laws were in place but that didn't stop anyone.

Fact is, you can make all of the laws you want, but that won't stop people from using things improperly.

Quoted For Truth. (QFT)

I thought that crime will go up during recession or slow economy, but it is hard to approve if it is factually connection.

More family stress, depression, anger, and etc? Why more this year? Just a coidience?

People have used knives to kill..9/11.

The truck has nothing to do with the Oklahoma Bombing....the bomb did.

My point is that people attempted to make laws to reduce the number of car accidents. Did it work? U tell me.

As I said, I have no answers on what could be the best solution to all these shootings but you can't hide the fact that guns were made for the purpose to kill, not cars.

That was exactly my point. There really isn't one. As horrible as these things are, we're never really going to stop them from happening. As long as there are people in this world, you're going to have some lose it, and they're going to heinous shit. They are chaos and you cannot predict or contain. No amount of policies or legislation is going to keep everyone sane. It is what it is, but luckily it's not something that happens everywhere everyday. It's very random.

I find the lack of discussion of the mind-altering psych meds the vast majority of these shooters are on to be very telling.

Would it have anything to do with the fact that pharmaceutical co.'s are one of the largest network sponsors?
That's an interesting thought.....but personally I think the fact that drugs were even necessary for them in the first place is more the cause than the drugs themselves. People have been losing their shit for a lot longer than the pharmaceutical companies have even been around.

People have used knives to kill..9/11.

The truck has nothing to do with the Oklahoma Bombing....the bomb did.

My point is that people attempted to make laws to reduce the number of car accidents. Did it work? U tell me.

As I said, I have no answers on what could be the best solution to all these shootings but you can't hide the fact that guns were made for the purpose to kill, not cars.

:dunno: We have an awful lot of traffic laws, people still break them and kill others.

Technically the gun didn't kill anyone either, it was the bullet. The gun, like the truck. was just a delivery method that was unlawfully used.

I don't know what will work either, but I am pretty certain about what will not work.

first of all - the firearms were legally owned by mother, not Adam Lanza. he did not have a legal possession of firearms. it is illegal to bring a firearm on school property. it is illegal to shoot people. so Adam broke 3 laws or more - illegal possession of firearm, murders, and carrying firearms on school property.

so what new laws can prevent this? any idea?

:dunno: We have an awful lot of traffic laws, people still break them and kill others.

Technically the gun didn't kill anyone either, it was the bullet. The gun, like the truck. was just a delivery method that was unlawfully used.

I don't know what will work either, but I am pretty certain about what will not work.

Yup, good example will be drunk driving and reckless driving.

first of all - the firearms were legally owned by mother, not Adam Lanza. he did not have a legal possession of firearms. it is illegal to bring a firearm on school property. it is illegal to shoot people. so Adam broke 3 laws or more - illegal possession of firearm, murders, and carrying firearms on school property.

No idea - we need improve the security measurement in the school, but doubtfully about 100% prevention.

Yeah, probably many more than that. Transporting a loaded firearm (assumption), firing a gun within city limits, destruction of property, unlawful entry, parking in a fire lane....

That's an interesting thought.....but personally I think the fact that drugs were even necessary for them in the first place is more the cause than the drugs themselves. People have been losing their shit for a lot longer than the pharmaceutical companies have even been around.

Psychiatric drugs and violence - federal investigation long overdue « CCHR International

If you're interested I found a good resource of info on this with a quick search. It seems to be a common denominator in nearly all these tragedies. Again it's rather odd that it's not being discussed at all by national media. One can't help but wonder if it's a taboo subject for the news networks.

Of course we have traffic laws that are meant to reduce traffic deaths. Speed limits are not just to ease the flow of traffic. The police stop people every day for various violations. Some people lose their licenses and some go to jail.

Cell phone use and driving is illegal most places but it almost seems to be an "after the fact" kind of law. If someone has a cell phone use record at the time of an accident, then he or she is likely to be cited and held responsible for the accident.

It is difficult to hold someone accountable for a suicide.

We don't seem to have talked about the decision by a mass murderer is so often to kill themselves. Realize also that people commit "suicide by cop" every day across this country. Dangerous for passers-by and seriously dangerous for the police.

It is as tho' the school and mall shooters are trying to punish before they turn the gun on themselves. Why the need to punish? And, punish who?

Back