confused with "PC"

illustrator

Reaction score
okay, I am tired of have someone to say "PC" which it stand for Personal Computer that actually for everybody who can afford the computer for home or office. What I am tell you, that PC can be Mac, Win, Linux, etc.

Yes, Mac is also PC.

And why IBM? It could be OS/2 or Windows. Yes, IBM still use OS/2, don't you know?

Originally posted by illustrator
okay, I am tired of have someone to say "PC" which it stand for Personal Computer that actually for everybody who can afford the computer for home or office. What I am tell you, that PC can be Mac, Win, Linux, etc.

Yes, Mac is also PC.

And why IBM? It could be OS/2 or Windows. Yes, IBM still use OS/2, don't you know?

Sorry, Theres more PC at home than there is mac. So they deserve to be called Personal Computer.

Re: Re: confused with "PC"

i second that to justin. i still use 'mac' when i talk with web designers and graphic designers. they dont use that word "PC" they say 'mac' that means mac.

i think mac is more formal word like lexus.

Re: Re: Re: confused with "PC"

Originally posted by deafclimber
i second that to justin. i still use 'mac' when i talk with web designers and graphic designers. they dont use that word "PC" they say 'mac' that means mac.

i think mac is more formal word like lexus.

Yeah, theres only one company that makes mac while theres thousands of company that makes pc.

Re: Re: Re: Re: confused with "PC"

Originally posted by Justin Sane
Yeah, theres only one company that makes mac while theres thousands of company that makes pc.

yea, but in few years ago apple decided to shut down those companies that made mac under their own companys names like Rubris. gosh, i completely forget that name. correct me if i misspelled. it was unlike that ibm allows many companies make thier own pcs.

mac barely shut down itself. we should thank steve for saving mac. :) personally i love mac.

Originally posted by Justin Sane

Yes, I can see that, but how come there is Yellow Dogs in Mac? Suppose, it's still called "Mac"?

Yes, I can see that, but how come there is Yellow Dogs in Mac? Suppose, it's still called "Mac"?

same thing with windows...we dont say windows or linux.. if they ask what o/s it is in my pc, i wud say windows.

MAC is under Apple right? I guess they're a bit greedy and want to be called MAC

Originally posted by Janitor
MAC is under Apple right? I guess they're a bit greedy and want to be called MAC

Actually, you have to remember that Apple is a HARDWARE company.

The majority of their profits come from the hardwares, not the softwares.

Unlikely Microsoft, Microsoft is a software company. Of course, they have XBOX but it's a video game console.

Oh well.

then its still a mac with linux on it.

Yes, Mac is also PC.

A PC is a system with a microprocessor.

OS/2, Windows, Mac, Linux/Unix distros, and so on...are just OSes.

Every references that I have spoke of PC...I meant the IBM i386 architecture and above. Mac is a mac whenever I hold a debate or discussion about computer systems.

Yes, Mac is also PC.

There should nothing be confused about “PC”.

I met the several people thinks all are PC but that not what supposed to be classifies different o/s in one group.

There are two different systems or devices Apple and PC both are personal computer expect the o/s version. You can see the any store that provide where all magazines section or box. There are magazines are say, “PC WORLD” and “MAC WORLD”. So, there are different about that format of o/s version for each. I don’t say PC or MAC because all o/s versions are different in each machine. For example, I say Windows and that gone to MAC or PC? Remember the MAC provides the access PC application program run with Windows into MAC machine. So, I normal say, “I am using the Dell with Windows XP.” The people should know where that format of o/s came from machine.

It seems the people might lack to understand from old fashion to new fashion. Sometime the people doesn’t read the idiot book, “How to using Computer!” They just go ahead and using the computer until the error message, “WTF!”

Beside that all are PC to me anyway.

Originally posted by ideafspy
“PC WORLD” and “MAC WORLD”. So, there are different about that format of o/s version for each. I don’t say PC or MAC because all o/s versions are different in each machine. For example, I say Windows and that gone to MAC or PC? Remember the MAC provides the access PC application program run with Windows into MAC machine. So, I normal say, “I am using the Dell with Windows XP.” The people should know where that format of o/s came from machine.

Actually, the magazine... PC World has done reviews on the Mac machines.

Re: Re: Re: confused with "PC"

Originally posted by Banjo
Actually, the magazine... PC World has done reviews on the Mac machines.

Really? I didn't knkow that PC World is reviews on the Mac machines.

hmm, it still sound so confused for me. You have interest opinion. :D

I like your thought, ideafspy. :thumb: Except Pc World, which I am aware of that. heh..

Re: Re: Re: Re: confused with "PC"

Originally posted by ideafspy
Really? I didn't knkow that PC World is reviews on the Mac machines.

I didn't know that either hmm...

Yes, Mac is also PC.

:shock:, says "REALLY"!? How prove that MAC PC?? they are totally different os system .. MAC which i can't build my own. MAC made those manfucations, i don't sure spell right!? would you forgive me?

Back