Confession Time 2!

I confess I'm growing weary of this Canadian winter.

That is how I feel about Minnesota winters. I don't mind the snow, or the cold, or the darkness; I just get tired of how long it lasts. Starts around Halloween, and lasts until mid-April.

I confess, I hate feeling like a failure at times.

Not being needy, just commenting.

That is how I feel about Minnesota winters. I don't mind the snow, or the cold, or the darkness; I just get tired of how long it lasts. Starts around Halloween, and lasts until mid-April.

I grew up in Michigan, a beautiful state and wonderful place to live April through mid-October. But man, I could not take those winters any more.

Remembering those N.C. winters also.....brrrr...grew up way in the backwoods and the house was on a hill....We snuggled down in those feather beds and didn't wanna get up in the AM....I would have moved farther South than I did if a job opportunity came up then....Can't deal well with the cold states, as I'm a warm person, and still wear my socks to bed every night. But going outside in the Spring or Summer, as long as there is grass, you'll find me barefooted...

Remembering those N.C. winters also.....brrrr...grew up way in the backwoods and the house was on a hill....We snuggled down in those feather beds and didn't wanna get up in the AM....I would have moved farther South than I did if a job opportunity came up then....Can't deal well with the cold states, as I'm a warm person, and still wear my socks to bed every night. But going outside in the Spring or Summer, as long as there is grass, you'll find me barefooted...

You probably wouldn't do so well in Minnesota :giggle: I go to bed with just a t-shirt and nothing else. I'm so used to it! :)

I am an unofficial sign language interviner for a deaf/blind man (His mother hired me because I was friends with him in high school and knew the language and how to 'talk' to him), and sometimes he frustrates the hell out of me and I wish I didn't have to work with him.

Then I remember that, if I lost him, I'd be loosing a dear, dear friend. And the only other person I can somewhat relate to.

AC, don't you also have a bunch of furry bed warmers?

I have a bunch of furries, yes. Bed warmers, no.

Our furries don't warm our bed, either. They're bed hogs! Why do cats so often feel the need to stretch out across the width of the bed?

Our furries don't warm our bed, either. They're bed hogs! Why do cats so often feel the need to stretch out across the width of the bed?

Because they feel they rule the house- and that includes the bed. :)

The only one of our 7 furries that wants to be on the bed is Abby, and all she wants is my pillow. I willingly give it up to her sometimes :) The other furries wait until I am OUT of bed and then hog my part of the bed to snuggle up with the honey. Works for me.

I confess emotional and sadly wisdom change effort focus change mind wisdom! changelle, I do adjust to manually! I emotional to bear to increase to willing! I don't know how on more confess emotional, I do better confess emotional!

This has been a real problem for me. Already I don't sleep well due to the fibro, but then my two cats start fighting over the foot of the bed. Lately, Sammy has been winning and when he sleeps, he is dead weight. :giggle: Last night, I got him out of the bed 4 times, but somehow he got back and got against my better leg but still between the legs and I could not move for a good 3-4 hours. Now, I am in much more pain than normal. Needless to say he must realize that he's the cause of it since he's been hiding from me all day. :giggle:

I was born and raised in Faribault but not because the school for the deaf is there. U live anywhere close by?

I remember my mom commenting on going from the long winters of Minnesota to the long summers of Georgia. I know they didn't move from MN to GA (stopped back in DE at least once) so it wasn't a complete shock to go from one extreme to the other.

Must be lots of noseprints on outside of your window. :cool2:

Those have got to be some tall noseprints considering my bedroom is on the top level of a 4 level house :giggle: Maybe dog noseprints facing OUT ;)

And, oh, if it needed to be said, there is usually a comforter between my bare butt and the cool air :)

I remember my mom commenting on going from the long winters of Minnesota to the long summers of Georgia. I know they didn't move from MN to GA (stopped back in DE at least once) so it wasn't a complete shock to go from one extreme to the other.

Our winter usually goes from December until around Mid-to-late April. However last year was weird for me. It was mid-May and I was still wearing a hoodie as highs were only in the 50s at that time. By mid-June I was melting. WHEW. There were a few times I thought I was going to die in those chicken houses it was so hot. The heat lingered all the way up until about November when it FINALLY started to cool off.

Back