Confederate Flag

What does Confederate Rebel Flag means to you?

• A symbol of Civil War History

Votes: 41 25.8%
  • A symbol of racist

Votes: 44 27.7%
  • A symbol of Heritage (Civil War Veteran Generation)

Votes: 60 37.7%
  • Others - please specify

Votes: 14 8.8%

• Total voters
It doesn't matter. New Orleans spoke up and you CANNOT do anything about it. LOL

Rrally?

That seems more a statment of a tyranny then a democracy

Which makes sense.
As erasing history is a standard play from tryannies playbook

If removing monumwnts and all things confederate is not erasing history.

What do you call it?
Erasing bad memories of black people who live there.

Council member Nadine Ramsey said New Orleans needed to stop living "underneath the shadows" of monuments to people who supported slavery.
"We need not honor these individuals and moments from the past that do not meet our standards of decency, equality and nondiscrimination," she said.

There is a bunch of dead yanks burried onmy road.
From the last time yanks tried to invade
We kicked your ass
Asa matter of fact the entire region is crawling with monumwnts to that war.

Im sick of looking at dead yanks..

Maybe we should dig them up.

Then again

History matters to me.

Thus the dead and monuments to them i want to remain.

Anyone who wishes to erase history in my eyes is just being an authoritarian.

Rrally?

That seems more a statment of a tyranny then a democracy

Which makes sense.
As erasing history is a standard play from tryannies playbook
A democracy means people can voice. Surely, Foxrac can voice but he's not a New Orleanian so there's nothing he can do about it. LOL

From Foxrac's link;

"As we approach the Tricentennial, New Orleanians have the power and the right to correct historical wrongs and move the City forward. The ties that bind us together as a city are stronger than what keeps us apart," he said, according to a City Hall news release.

From your previous link:

Therefore that's how the council made a decision. The council listened to people and made a decision. In other words, those people who spoke up against the monuments won.

Really, me? BTW, what does it have to do with the Civil War?

Not everyone voted for council and city council is notorious for numerous corruption, even worse than state and federal.

New Orleans has rich history of confederate and French so those histories should left as intact, not forgotten. Historians don't agree about all history should be erased.

Civil War is mostly about state rights and the Union ban on slavery is comestic, not enforced because Union states had a lot of slavery.

It doesn't matter. New Orleans spoke up and you CANNOT do anything about it. LOL

I went to New Oreleans so many time but you don't, also I live in southern states and I'm familiar about confederate histories.

You are too dumb to know about confederate and I don't need to see your BS about confederate because you are from California.

California and southern states are two different world.

Not everyone voted for council and city council is notorious for numerous corruption, even worse than state and federal.

New Orleans has rich history of confederate and French so those histories should left as intact, not forgotten. Historians don't agree about all history should be erased.

Civil War is mostly about state rights and the Union ban on slavery is comestic, not enforced because Union states had a lot of slavery.
Well, talk to New Orleanians about that. I have nothing to do with it. I support democracy 100%. They have the rights to speak up. In this case, they won. You still complain? Wow, you have no respect for democracy.

A democracy means people can voice. Surely, Foxrac can voice but he's not a New Orleanian so theit means fre's nothing he can do about it. LOL

From Foxrac's link;

It means far far more then bei.gablw to voice.

Well, talk to New Orleanians about that. I have nothing to do with it. I support democracy 100%. They have the ryour ights to speak up. In this case, they won. You still complain? Wow, you have no respect for democracy.

Your idea of democracy seems more in line to tyranny.

How u seem to use it, and tag meanings not releavant to the term

Well, talk to New Orleanians about that. I have nothing to do with it. I support democracy 100%. They have the rights to speak up. In this case, they won. You still complain? Wow, you have no respect for democracy.

What happen if anti-gay Christians won by banning gay marriage in all states? Will you complain about their action?

You whine a lot about confederate and you told me that I have no rights to complain, but it is ok for you to whine.

No surprise about how idiot are you and I love to see you leave this thread alone.

you do realize that it's not set for life, right? you can always get it back at another time. that's the whole point of democracy. things can be won and lost at any time. it's not set and done for life.

look at abortion. it was illegal before and now it's legal. does that mean it's over and done? no. pro-lifers will continue to fight and get it banned once again.

Your idea of democracy seems more in line to tyranny.

How u seem to use it, and tag meanings not releavant to the term
What? Tyranny? The New Orleans Council listened to people and made a decision. That's not a tyranny, is it?

Let me repeat the quote.

A large crowd broke into cheers Thursday after the New Orleans City Council voted to remove four monuments to the Confederacy from prominent places in the city.
Do you call it a tyranny? SMH... You are lost and if you need to be found somewhere soon, make a sign, "SOS". Foxrac will find you probably.

What? Tyranny? The New Orleans Council listened to people and made a decision. That's not a tyranny, is it?

Let me repeat the quote.

Do you call it a tyranny? SMH... You are lost and if you need to be found somewhere soon, make a sign, "SOS". Foxrac will find you probably.

tyranny is when you accept it with an absolute obedience. without question. without resistance.

you do realize that it's not set for life, right? you can always get it back at another time. that's the whole point of democracy. things can be won and lost at any time. it's not set and done for life.

look at abortion. it was illegal before and now it's legal. does that mean it's over and done? no. pro-lifers will continue to fight and get it banned once again.
Who are pro-lifers? Christians? They will lose as usual, you know that. Look at gay marriages. They can't revert it at all. BTW, it has nothing to do with history. Civil War monuments are statues, not people. Gay marriages/abortions involve real people.

tyranny is when you accept it with an absolute obedience. without question. without resistance.
No, that's not what happened in NO. The council voted for the removals because people spoke up. It's not a tyranny.

Who are pro-lifers? Christians?
anybody.

They will lose as usual, you know that. Look at gay marriages. They can't revert it at all. BTW, it has nothing to do with history. Civil War monuments are statues, not people. Gay marriages/abortions involve real people.
yes it can be reverted. everything is history. the legalization of gay marriage is a history. Roe v. Wade is a history.

history is not all about statues. it's about people. people fought in civil war, right? not statue.

No, that's not what happened in NO. The council voted for the removals because people spoke up. It's not a tyranny.

that's not what I said. I said "tyranny is when you accept it with an absolute obedience. without question. without resistance."

does this mean it's over and people should give up? does this mean they cannot bring it back ever again?

Who are pro-lifers? Christians? They will lose as usual, you know that. Look at gay marriages. They can't revert it at all. BTW, it has nothing to do with history. Civil War monuments are statues, not people. Gay marriages/abortions involve real people.

If liberal judge retires and conservative president appoints conservative judge so gay marriage and abortion can be reverted, also some US Supreme Court ruling were overruled like school segregation used to be constitutional but not anymore.

It could happen anytime if vote turnout is low - big victory for conservatives.

that's not what I said. I said "tyranny is when you accept it with an absolute obedience. without question. without resistance."

does this mean it's over and people should give up? does this mean they cannot bring it back ever again?
WTF? The council voted for the removals after people spoke up. THE DECISION WAS MADE. What do you expect? Those people change their minds? You see, other people who opposed the removals failed to point out their reasons, they lost. If Foxrac was black, he would want them removed naturally. LOL

Back