Confederate Flag

What does Confederate Rebel Flag means to you?

• A symbol of Civil War History

Votes: 41 25.8%
  • A symbol of racist

Votes: 44 27.7%
  • A symbol of Heritage (Civil War Veteran Generation)

Votes: 60 37.7%
  • Others - please specify

Votes: 14 8.8%

• Total voters
confederate flag means they don't like Federal Gov't.

yes, the civil war does have something to do with slavery, but I bet you that if machine was cheaper than slaves, they would have gave up slavery. Slavery was really about greed, money, and laziness (they didn't not want to do the work) Same with illegal immigrant and child labor.

The way civil war works is like how it working with homosexual marriage. One state does not want homosexual marriage, and the other does. So when homosexual married people decided to live in the state that does not recognize their marriage, they probably fight back and go to the federal gov't.. Then the federal gov't decide for all states to recognize their marriage. Then the state get upset that the Federal gov't is interferring their decision what they think is best for their state. They don't like the Federal Gov't controlling their decision. Even though before the civil war, some of them were about to abolish slavery anyway as machines was becoming more advance (General Lee felt slavery was evil anyway) ....I think what it is that people are bitter about the political outcome of civil war (more federal control) just because of slavery.. People could just protest in their own state to change their ways. Kinda like how CA is doing right now as far as homosexual marriage. But no, some people think it is better for Federal gov't dictate the state, and for some It would just result a long term bitterness. Not because of homosexual, but because how they want their state to run politically .it's like a dictator telling people they no longer can vote, He will do the voting for them... politically, you don't like that, but if he says it is for the poor, you still don't like it even though you care for the poor too.. then people call you anti-poor because you don't like his political stand. Personally, I think blacks and whites would have had a better relationship if civil war didn't exist.

Last edited:
The way civil war works is like how it working with homosexual marriage.
You're comparing the Civil War to homosexuality? :hmm:

I can't say that I've ever heard anyone make that kind of an analogy before.

confederate flag means they don't like Federal Gov't.

Confederate Flag does not necessary mean they don't like the Federal Gov't. The seceded states want their own independence and depends on slavery for plantation while the north has their own industrial. And those states seceded from the Union and formed CSA (Confederate States of America) and Civil War broke out. Both Confederate and Union came into conflict that cost over 600,000 Americans on it's own soil.

Confederate Flag does not necessary mean they don't like the Federal Gov't. The seceded states want their own independence and depends on slavery for plantation while the north has their own industrial. And those states seceded from the Union and formed CSA (Confederate States of America) and Civil War broke out. Both Confederate and Union came into conflict that cost over 600,000 Americans on it's own soil.

I'm talking about today when people put up confederate flags.. It is not because they think we should still have slavery (if they did, they would not make a fuss about deporting illegal immigrants, and just use them for heavy labor for so little)

I'm talking about today when people put up confederate flags.. It is not because they think we should still have slavery (if they did, they would not make a fuss about deporting illegal immigrants, and just use them for heavy labor for so little)

Today, some of those do put it up for pride, heritage, and proud southerners. It doesn't mean they hate the Fed Gov't. The only thing that the flag was abused was from a hate group such as KKK who sends the wrong message. :(

Your sick!!! On before civil war start, White southerners does treat black people so badly, such as cut their ear, hand or whatever when not work on something, also they are hurt black kids like whipping on their butt. Slave is REALLY BAD, period.

Yankees are treat black people so badly then your insane, it's for people, not yankee, also white southerners are make fun of black people, it's still as today.

They treated their indenture WHITE servant that way too. It's a form of control.

They treated their indenture WHITE servant that way too. It's a form of control.

Don't quote my old post.

Recently, I support confederate flag as southern heritage and pride, however for treatment of blacks are far better than in 60's.

Don't quote my old post.

Recently, I support confederate flag as southern heritage and pride, however for treatment of blacks are far better than in 60's.

sorry, I didn't realize it was an old post.

but yes, I am a southerner. I talk southerner, I eat like a southerner, Everything about me scream southerner.. I wouldn't mind carrying a confederate flag because of my heritage.

But I am also mostly native Indian and perhap some black in my genetic traits. I am from Va where everyone who was not white were considered colored or mulatto -- My family line were mostly mulatto because they were indians (colored) who had at least one white parent (they basically became color-blind and now I don't know what my race in my family tree but I guess it doesn't matter)

sorry, I didn't realize it was an old post.

but yes, I am a southerner. I talk southerner, I eat like a southerner, Everything about me scream southerner.. I wouldn't mind carrying a confederate flag because of my heritage.

But I am also mostly native Indian and perhap some black in my genetic traits. I am from Va where everyone who was not white were considered colored or mulatto -- My family line were mostly mulatto because they were indians (colored) who had at least one white parent (they basically became color-blind and now I don't know what my race in my family tree but I guess it doesn't matter)

I'm southerner too due born in south and lived in late 80's until early 90's then return in after 2008.

I understand

The Flag that was flown while basically, herding and shipping Africans to the U.S.

The same U.S. Flag ( may have changed designs over time, but it was still and American flag) supported slavery for a very long time before the Civil War.

The same Flag that pushed the Native Americans off their land.

But yet, we are allowed to be prideful of that.

Not necessairly--remember that the Northern states were against slavery due to the humane treatment of the slaves.

Why do you think there were 'safe houses' for the slaves to escape to when they were fleeing from their owners to the North?

Not necessairly--remember that the Northern states were against slavery due to the humane treatment of the slaves.

Why do you think there were 'safe houses' for the slaves to escape to when they were fleeing from their owners to the North?

same reason as safe house in Canada for dodge drafter :)

You can not deny the fact that the Northern states were established, and brought the slaves to the U.S. in the first place. Under the respected flag of today.

That is the point I am making. That flag is still considered heritage.

The same Flag of the U.S.... is the Flag that has taken away land from the Native Americans.

You can not deny the fact that the Northern states were established, and brought the slaves to the U.S. in the first place. Under the respected flag of today.

That is the point I am making. That flag is still considered heritage.

The same Flag of the U.S.... is the Flag that has taken away land from the Native Americans.

but it was not the American flag with stripes and 50 stars....

They didn't really treat them any better. In fact, I think (at least what I read a few years ago) they expected Blacks to live in their own community (at least after they escape and such)
http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/aia/part4/4p2957.html

I personally believe that blacks who stayed in the South were treated well (at least with a decent shelter and food) and those who escaped were mistreated. I love blacks down here in the south.. their culture, food, music, etc.

In my humble opinion, I felt that the confederate flag is considered a symbol for heritage and racism too. A long time ago, when people had a confederate flag hanging out, they were a nation that supports slavery. I'm just saying think about it. Our current U.S. Flag is a symbol for 50 states and freedom.

The Old Flag of the U.S. , is still considered a heritage flag.... Right?

no. it's the representation of that country at that time. Our current American flag does not represent it.

In my humble opinion, I felt that the confederate flag is considered a symbol for heritage and racism too. A long time ago, when people had a confederate flag hanging out, they were a nation that supports slavery. I'm just saying think about it. Our current U.S. Flag is a symbol for 50 states and freedom.

It is a symbol of heritage... The ones that abuse it are the Racist ones. So why blame the flag!! Blame the ones that abuse the flag. Blame the Hate Group, not the Flag that they have misrepresented!!

It is like blaming the Gun that shot someone. When it was actually the person that did so.

Back