conduct it???

Frisky Feline

Reaction score
I am no whiz with computer stuff. I visited my friend's and saw her computer. It does not look right to me. She asked for me to help her out. I did default link as a homepage to google. But it keeps going back to Training Tracking Software for Managing Employee Education | Conductor and mysearchonline. what heck is that mysearchonline???

She has no idea what she is doing, and kept downlaoding everything. But her friend ( i dont trust her friend) was screwing up with her computer. He added google chrome. She didnt want that.. SHe has I.E. and need firefox too.

i need to know what is that Training Tracking Software for Managing Employee Education | Conductor does for??

thank you!

Is your friend using her computer for work-related tasks? That software you mentioned seems to be for work situations, not personal stuff.

reba, no its just her own personal.. She needs 5.5 and up and firefox so she can see her own retirement benefit online. But she does not have 5.5 now.. She used to able to check her benefit online but now no because of no 5.5.

reba, no its just her own personal.. She needs 5.5 and up and firefox so she can see her own retirement benefit online. But she does not have 5.5 now.. She used to able to check her benefit online but now no because of no 5.5.
If it's just for personal use I wonder why she has business software on her system?

It might be a good idea to clean out all spam and malware (including spyware) from her computer before she checks her retirement account. The last thing she needs is to be entering SSN and personal info online using a potentially compromised computer.

Are you referring to browser version 5.5?

If it's just for personal use I wonder why she has business software on her system?

It might be a good idea to clean out all spam and malware (including spyware) from her computer before she checks her retirement account. The last thing she needs is to be entering SSN and personal info online using a potentially compromised computer.

Are you referring to browser version 5.5?

Yes browser version 5.5. is what she need for her computer.

How will she be able to clean out all spam and malware (including spyware) I can see what stuff is in her computer. The problem is that I do not know how to do it.. I always let my hubby to take care of it. eh... THen my friend asked me for my help. im stumbled about it.

Yes browser version 5.5. is what she need for her computer.

How will she be able to clean out all spam and malware (including spyware) I can see what stuff is in her computer. The problem is that I do not know how to do it.. I always let my hubby to take care of it. eh... THen my friend asked me for my help. im stumbled about it.
Start with running a complete scan using her AV software. I hope she's been keeping all her security resources up to date.

Before you start removing programs, toolbars, etc., you should make sure everything in her computer is backed up on external media.

This is hard because it sounds like she needs a complete maintenance done on her computer rather than just one problem solution.

What OS does she have?

This is hard because it sounds like she needs a complete maintenance done on her computer rather than just one problem solution.

What OS does she have?

My opinion yes everything complete of it to get fixed. what does OS stand for.

Has your friend tried calling tech support , I am not sure if they're deaf or hoh and have trouble using the phone . I know Verizon tech support will help but they had started making people pay extra money for this.

Has your friend tried calling tech support , I am not sure if they're deaf or hoh and have trouble using the phone . I know Verizon tech support will help but they had started making people pay extra money for this.
If it's an internet connection problem, the tech support for the service provider (Verizon, TWC, AT&T, etc.) might be able to help.

If it's a hardware problem, then the tech support for the manufacturer of that device (the computer, printer, router) might be able to help.

If it's an OS problem the source of that OS (Microsoft, Apple) or tech forums (Linux) might be able to help.

If it's a software problem, the maker of that software might be able to help.

If it's a malware problem, the maker of AV software might be able to help.

It depends on the source of the problem/s. There might be more than one thing going on.

yes she did but she paid for it long time ago. she didnt want to do it again.

If it's an internet connection problem, the tech support for the service provider (Verizon, TWC, AT&T, etc.) might be able to help.

If it's a hardware problem, then the tech support for the manufacturer of that device (the computer, printer, router) might be able to help.

If it's an OS problem the source of that OS (Microsoft, Apple) or tech forums (Linux) might be able to help.

If it's a software problem, the maker of that software might be able to help.

If it's a malware problem, the maker of AV software might be able to help.

It depends on the source of the problem/s. There might be more than one thing going on.

Thank you... i ll visit her soon and see what I can do about it.. I will check with my hub about how to do it .. what I see that she needs to get rid everything and re fresh all over again and install the new window. SHe dislikes google chrome and other some links that needs to go.

Thank you... i ll visit her soon and see what I can do about it.. I will check with my hub about how to do it .. what I see that she needs to get rid everything and re fresh all over again and install the new window. SHe dislikes google chrome and other some links that needs to go.
Sometimes that's a last resort that's necessary. Usually you should try the simplest fixes first.

Whatever you decide to do, make sure you do a full back up of everything first. That includes system, files, settings, etc.

Back