Computer to TTY Without Relay?

neville5

Reaction score
Looking for Program to contact friend using tty with my computer without Relay. Trying Nextalk but not working yet. Anyone?

compactc_large.jpg

It is very product on work issues recommend the Harris!

My buddy invented and developed a cool TTY software called Futura TTY 15 years ago. It is no longer in use thanks to Internet.

I use a local Internet relay system to contact anyone so there's no need for the TTY unless otherwise.. it has helped me with chat history to save for something like doc or dentist appointments and work and etc...

I just found out that I have to be hearing impaired to use Nextalk. My friend is not computer literate and only just let me get her a TTY 2 months ago!

My friend is not computer literate and she is not going to be(her choice not mine). She just got her 1st TTY 2 months ago. All I want is to be able to type to her TTY without an operator translating for us. Is there such a program? If not would some of you computer whizzes whip us up one?

My buddy invented and developed a cool TTY software called Futura TTY 15 years ago. It is no longer in use thanks to Internet.

Yep. I wrote it years ago. It was a great time to offer advanced features of TTY but easy to use using TTY modems.

Many now are using internet so no need to use TTY.

www.futuratty.com was my site (I gave it away to someone else who now have junk web pages there). Oh well.

Norman :thumb:

IQ test
who developed Futura TTY?
and who invented the CM 4 modem?

IQ test
who developed Futura TTY?
and who invented the CM 4 modem?

Look at the person beyond your post. He is the one who invented and developed Futura TTY. Norman and I have known each other since our Gally days. :)

Yep. I wrote it years ago. It was a great time to offer advanced features of TTY but easy to use using TTY modems.

Many now are using internet so no need to use TTY.

www.futuratty.com was my site (I gave it away to someone else who now have junk web pages there). Oh well.

Norman :thumb:

It is great to see you here, pal! :) :wave:

use Terminal (Usually Windows come with it), it work okay. It mess up a little because of not compatible with ASCII.

Low-rent TTY

Actually a lot of organizations haven't entered the Internet age yet. Their only accomodation is a TTY number, even though TTY is unimaginably clunky compared to an online computer. Wouldn't it be nice to humor along the people who have to man those miserable POS's?

I am using Nextalk.com because I have to call and check on two deaf elderly ladies via TTY, without any problems.
(I do NOT have a TTY but those two deaf ladies both have a TTY. They are in 90's. That's why I am using Nextalk.com, to communicate with them.. )

Back