College Football Is HERE!!

TT wont blow UT up, maybe close and hot game...

I said IF about TT blowing up TX regarding the rankings (so did PowerOn) then pay little extra attention, farewell.

Yet we both knew it would rather be a close game.

I am looking forward to the Georgia-Florida game on Saturday. This should be interesting as both teams beat once highly-ranked LSU. The world will be glued to their TV screens watching the game.

I have noticed that Alabama has gone down a little bit - they are struggling to stay undefeated.

Yep, definitely a game to watch for anyone!

I just learned that both teams' stats were very similar. :hmm:

Would be nicer attending the game in Jax downtown, but few deaf friends and I will gather at a place watching this game.

Boy, I cannot hardly wait for the game! :D

ps. LSU was over-ranked bit this time but still is a dangerous team for anyone. Think they will be back for real by next year.

Penn State has no right to be in BCS title game...

Opinion: Penn State has no right to be in BCS title game - College football - NBCSports.com

I absolutely agree with it just like I said before (post #189). Hope not another Big Ten team entering the title game for the sake... but looks like that they will. Last two title games both times OSU were blown away... don't forget that USC thumped OSU 35-3 this earlier season while PSU beat OSU by few points... that told us enough.

Also PSU's opponents' records total were 35-32 this season so far, too. OSU is the only another ranking team.

But mark my word that PSU will lose to whoever enters the game against them and create another embarrassment for the BcS and poll system! :lol:

Do not miss Thurs Night FB on ESPN TCU at Utah Utes. Might be game of the week y'all. and yes Im afraid of TCU. They kicked the livin crap out of BYU. Utah playing in Albuquerque tonight, TCU is busy killing UNLV as a "confidence booster" game.

GO PENN STATE!

God is a fan of Penn State - why else would He make the skies BLUE and WHITE?

GO PENN STATE!

Well, its was a really nice game to watch... One second in 4th quarter then everything changed. I think this is the best game for this season. Congratulation Texas Tech!

Oh, yeah Texas-Texas Tech game was incredible to watch!

TT was rather so crazy and gutsy to opt for a pass instead of kick for a 3 at the end of game (just 8 sec. left), but behold they scored at the very end!

Congrats to the Red Raiders!!

Woaaah! there be some pissed off ponies here today; TTU leap frogged PSU and is #2?! who'd a thunk it

Woaaah! there be some pissed off ponies here today; TTU leap frogged PSU and is #2?! who'd a thunk it

I think it's mere fair, probably. TT plays in a much tougher Big 12 conference while PSU playing in a weaker Big 10 conference.

But remember that TT will have to play Oklahoma State and Oklahoma in the next games including Baylor.

PSU will walk through their remaining weak games ahead.

Better hope they all lose once so Fla gets into Nat Championchip game if they can win out the SEC

Better hope they all lose once so Fla gets into Nat Championchip game if they can win out the SEC

Yep! UF needs #1 Aabama to win their remaining games and same for ours enroute then winning the SEC championship over Alabama... also we might need TT and Oklahoma to lose one remaining game each at least then we should have the chance.

Yet I am not too sure where UF is ranked in the BcS system s find it out soon the better it tells.

Only I can safely say PSU could be in the NC game despite whatever occurs ahead unless TT wins the rest plus the Big 12 championship... chances. urgh lol

Yes, the Alabama case is the best case scenario fo UF. I doubt PSU will lose any remaining games unless their gatorade gets spiked with something. Its ok that Oklahoma lost. If Fla wins out they will have better bcs rank. TTU has to lose somewhere or big 12 championchip game or something.

Although U of U is undefeated, they are very "beatable" team. Im not hatin on my team, just objectively analyizing. TCU might beat them AND they still get BYU for last game. But if they win out they wouldn't go to National Championchip game even if all other undefeateds lose a game (or Tx, Ok, FL, USC who have lost 1 game for that matter) Well if Utah wins out I would rank them above USC cuz they did beat the only team who beat them.

** nodding **

I agree... will definitely watch Utah and TCU game on this Thurs eve to see how good they are.

Only the problem stands against Utah and BYU is their weak conference so hence as why they are ranked at, unfortunately just like OSU/PSU stands same due to their conference too.

Remember about the BYU's '84 BCS championship team was the team which many people claimed it unfair due to their weak conference back then.

Always a controversial issue with the BcS system! :roll: lol

Well in 84' there wasn't BCS just AP/coaches poll. This is the stongest I've seen the Mountain West Conference in football since MWC inception yrs ago. TCU can beat ANYBODY in country if their day went good and play to their potential, their D is fabulous (2nd overall in country I believe). Utah has great D, but sketchy offense for sure (I go watch Utah games). BYU is simply impressive with offensive powers, but really really suspect and inconsistant on D. Air force is having a great year too.

(I wish we could scoop up Boise st from WAC and dump CSU or Wyoming into WAC) then that would really really bring some attention, notoriety, AND scholastic revenue to the conference. C'mon wasn't that a great yr when BYU and BC in National Title game and the Steve Young days? :) Those were the days where you could be third in ballots and in your bowl game win and still win National Championchip somehow. Yeah there were the Notorized bowls but no BCS alliance then. We just need 8 TEAM PLAYOFFS! geez when they gonna get it?

Well in 84' there wasn't BCS just AP/coaches poll. This is the stongest I've seen the Mountain West Conference in football since MWC inception yrs ago. TCU can beat ANYBODY in country if their day went good and play to their potential, their D is fabulous (2nd overall in country I believe). Utah has great D, but sketchy offense for sure (I go watch Utah games). BYU is simply impressive with offensive powers, but really really suspect and inconsistant on D. Air force is having a great year too.

(I wish we could scoop up Boise st from WAC and dump CSU or Wyoming into WAC) then that would really really bring some attention, notoriety, AND scholastic revenue to the conference. C'mon wasn't that a great yr when BYU and BC in National Title game and the Steve Young days? :) Those were the days where you could be third in ballots and in your bowl game win and still win National Championchip somehow. Yeah there were the Notorized bowls but no BCS alliance then. We just need 8 TEAM PLAYOFFS! geez when they gonna get it?

Opps, I thought BCS system started in early 80s? Sometime later, actually? So what year did the BcS system start?!

Agreed that '84 BYU team was a terrific team indeed.

Second with you about the 8-team playoffs NOW!

But BcS people said to wait till 2012 then they will decide... screw 'em cuz they just want money-making (from bowl games) interfering into college football chopping its true sport sense away.

Back