CNN) – Conservative talk-show host Glenn Beck apologized Friday after appearing to mo

Status
Not open for further replies.
And yet the Democrats are on a panicked run. They said that Djou would lose in Hawaii, he didn't. They said that Scott would lose in Massachusetts. He didn't. They said that Christie in NJ would lose. He didn't. They said that the governor seat in Virginia would not go to a Republican, it did.

Low turnout cannot explain Massachusetts voter's decision to go for a Republican. Sorry. Not in the bluest of all blue states.

Your read fail.

for MA, the democrat candidate doesn't campaigning so well.

It isn't about fucking vote turnout.

Djou will run for reelection this November and that's reason he ran against two democrats.

I give Beck credit for apologizing for it.

I also want to take a minute and please ask people to stop digging this crap up for us to argue over. Because, all it does is pit us against each other. It also has the potential start flame wars and get people banned over it.

It's also rather stupid and pointless. Each of us has our own political ideology that we follow. Some of us are liberal and some of us are conservative. There's even a few of us who are in the middle. As for me, I don't think any of you could tell which side of the fence I'm on. This is because, depending on the topic of discussion, I give an opinion based on THAT topic alone.

And, that's all this is, folks. It's a bunch of OPINIONS that really lead nowhere except a trip to bansville if you don't behave yourselves. (and some of you don't.)

Ahhh, OK...Rant over. I guess I'm just tired of seeing the same nonsense over and over again. Someone says/does something "wrong", post it on AD.

OK, whatever. I've said my peice.

Over and definitely OUT.

I give Beck credit for apologizing for it.

I also want to take a minute and please ask people to stop digging this crap up for us to argue over. Because, all it does is pit us against each other. It also has the potential start flame wars and get people banned over it.

It's also rather stupid and pointless. Each of us has our own political ideology that we follow. Some of us are liberal and some of us are conservative. There's even a few of us who are in the middle. As for me, I don't think any of you could tell which side of the fence I'm on. This is because, depending on the topic of discussion, I give an opinion based on THAT topic alone.

And, that's all this is, folks. It's a bunch of OPINIONS that really lead nowhere except a trip to bansville if you don't behave yourselves. (and some of you don't.)

Ahhh, OK...Rant over. I guess I'm just tired of seeing the same nonsense over and over again. Someone says/does something "wrong", post it on AD.

OK, whatever. I've said my peice.

Over and definitely OUT.
Well said. :gpost:

I lean left, but am in the middle for most things. I end up being labeled as left by the right side, and right by the left side. It is just opinions, as you stated so well. I doubt anyone's opinions have changed much from reading the boards here. I certainly have not changed mine. At times, I have felt so strongly against someone that I considered voting for the other side, just to cancel them out. What inspires people to post the same crap daily is beyond me. I like to voice myself, then get out.

Feel free to be you.

I lean left, but am in the middle for most things. I end up being labeled as left by the right side, and right by the left side. It is just opinions, as you stated so well. I doubt anyone's opinions have changed much from reading the boards here. I certainly have not changed mine. At times, I have felt so strongly against someone that I considered voting for the other side, just to cancel them out. What inspires people to post the same crap daily is beyond me. I like to voice myself, then get out.

Feel free to be you.

I'm left-libertarian and political wars are just dumb.

I remember about political discussion were not bad until kokonut became post so often and everything went argue so often. It is just want conservative/GOP to win or have more credits and that's leading to me to defend my political views because I had feel pushy to believe in conservative but it won't work. Seriously, conservative/GOP has absolutely no benefits for me because gay rights is one of my most priority to vote any politicians whoever strong support of gay rights. I had told kokonut so numerous time and he seems don't get it.

I do have some respect for people's political views but homophobia and anti-gay rights are not tolerated for me, additional with force or pushes someone to believe in political views that isn't belong to them or that what they don't want are not respected.

Feel free to be you.

It's possible to enjoy a good debate without hate. And the US wouldn't exist if it weren't for those that continued to sound the alarm until enough people took notice. The line is crossed when the name calling and accusations start. People need to remember that everyone here is on the same team.....we are either deaf or are somehow involved with the deaf. The goal of good debate should not be for one to be right or wrong but rather for an understanding to be reached.....possibly even leading to compromise.

There are people here with whom I have had some vigorous debates.......You might even think we can't stand each other at times. Yet if you were to read our PMs you wouldn't find a hint of debate. We are friends.....friends that disagree and like to hash it out.....in fact really enjoy hashing it out. There is nothing wrong with being far left,far right or somewhere in between as long as the debate is kept respectful.

Here are some thought we should take into debate here.

1) A person is entitled to their opinion
2) Each person is knowledgeable in their own unique way and just because their education differed or there vocabulary is rough doesn't mean that their points are without merit
3) Some people are experts in certain subjects .... If we defer to experts in certain debates rather than dismiss because we disagree with their ideology in another area we might all learn something
4) If you don't have an actual contribution to make to a particular debate.....sit back and enjoy the read. No reason to assert you contempt for a poster in each thread they post. Consider it noted

That's my 2 cents...... :)

It's possible to enjoy a good debate without hate. And the US wouldn't exist if it weren't for those that continued to sound the alarm until enough people took notice. The line is crossed when the name calling and accusations start. People need to remember that everyone here is on the same team.....we are either deaf or are somehow involved with the deaf. The goal of good debate should not be for one to be right or wrong but rather for an understanding to be reached.....possibly even leading to compromise.

There are people here with whom I have had some vigorous debates.......You might even think we can't stand each other at times. Yet if you were to read our PMs you wouldn't find a hint of debate. We are friends.....friends that disagree and like to hash it out.....in fact really enjoy hashing it out. There is nothing wrong with being far left,far right or somewhere in between as long as the debate is kept respectful.

2) Each person is knowledgeable in their own unique way and just because their education differed or there vocabulary is rough doesn't mean that their points are without merit
3) Some people are experts in certain subjects .... If we defer to experts in certain debates rather than dismiss because we disagree with their ideology in another area we might all learn something
4) If you don't have an actual contribution to make to a particular debate.....sit back and enjoy the read. No reason to assert you contempt for a poster in each thread they post. Consider it noted

:gpost:

There was a period of time when I had a couple members on my "ignore" list, because I had gotten tired of reading them. I finally emptied my ignore list. Now, I just make my comments and leave. I figure there are some people that like what I say, some don't. Opinions are like farts, they smell best to the person that offered them.

I strongly feel that you were neutral in much of your post.
However this is a few things I'd want to point out in that part.

With political stuff, I assume there is never a right or wrong viewpoint as it is subject to the situation and knowing all the details - no profession can teach you this, even if you were a PhD of Political science (imo), you still can't assert you are always right, there's just too much controversy and lots of sides you need to analyze before taking a steadfast position. And even if you take a position, you must acknowledge there are counter-arguments and accept them.

When it comes to a discussion where a specific expert's opinion from a certain sector is needed, some people attempt to play the expert in that field. Suddenly someone becomes the know it all for physics or biology or sea animals or civil engineering for some particular object in the discussion.

There are those who play experts on opinion and political issues, that's not what I mean. What I mean is someone starts pretending they are the epitome of the know-it-alls and provides some link to another site proclaiming "see this, now that confirms what I said and you're wrong".

It's best people avoid placing themselves in this position if they have little or no correlation at all with it.

It's this that is contributing to the everlasting debates. If people did not play what they do not do (outside of politics) it would be rather mild, just my two pence.

He has to make these remarks and these apologies, sincere or not...otherwise folks wouldn't listen or watch his programming. Radical, eccentric, rude, crude, and self-centered hosts get the high ratings.

His 9/12 Project.....real rude, crude and self centered

9 Principles, 12 Values : Glenn Beck – The 912 Project

12 Values
The 9 Principles

1. America Is Good.

2. I believe in God and He is the Center of my Life.
God “The propitious smiles of Heaven can never be expected on a nation that disregards the eternal rules of order and right which Heaven itself has ordained.” from George Washington’s first Inaugural address.

3. I must always try to be a more honest person than I was yesterday.
Honesty “I hope that I shall always possess firmness and virtue enough to maintain what I consider to be the most enviable of all titles, the character of an honest man.” George Washington

4. The family is sacred. My spouse and I are the ultimate authority, not the government.
Marriage/Family “It is in the love of one’s family only that heartfelt happiness is known. By a law of our nature, we cannot be happy without the endearing connections of a family.” Thomas Jefferson

5. If you break the law you pay the penalty. Justice is blind and no one is above it.
Justice “I deem one of the essential principles of our government… equal and exact justice to all men of whatever state or persuasion, religious or political.” Thomas Jefferson

6. I have a right to life, liberty and pursuit of happiness, but there is no guarantee of equal results.
Life, Liberty, & The Pursuit of Happiness “Everyone has a natural right to choose that vocation in life which he thinks most likely to give him comfortable subsistence.” Thomas Jefferson

7. I work hard for what I have and I will share it with who I want to. Government cannot force me to be charitable.
Charity “It is not everyone who asketh that deserveth charity; all however, are worth of the inquiry or the deserving may suffer.” George Washington

8. It is not un-American for me to disagree with authority or to share my personal opinion.
On your right to disagree “In a free and republican government, you cannot restrain the voice of the multitude; every man will speak as he thinks, or more properly without thinking.” George Washington

9. The government works for me. I do not answer to them, they answer to me.
Who works for whom? “I consider the people who constitute a society or a nation as the source of all authority in that nation.” Thomas Jefferson

The 12 Values
* Honesty
* Reverence
* Hope
* Thrift
* Humility
* Charity
* Sincerity
* Moderation
* Hard Work
* Courage
* Personal Responsibility
* Gratitude

9/12 Project... Sounds like those self-help books that anyone can write.

:laugh2:

I remember a professor said that those who couldn't get a job with a religion degree ended up writing self-help books. :laugh2:

9/12 Project... Sounds like those self-help books that anyone can write.
Anyone with half a brain can write one of these witty lists. It is far more difficult to walk the walk. Reminds me of diet books. When you want to lose weight, you must burn more calories than you consume. There, now send me your checks....:eek3:

I know Glenn Beck is not on my list of people I want to emulate. Neither is Bill Maher. All of these political "rabble rousers" are just in it for the money.

:gpost: :cheers:

Oh yah! Love it! :D

Indeed.

Four words (actually more than that)...

This year alone...

Virginia - voted in a Republican governor.
New Jersey - voted in a Republican governor.
Massachusetts - voted in a Republican congressman in the bluest of all blue states.
Hawaii - voted in a Republican congressman just recently in the 2nd bluest of all blue states.

Virginia - yeah... and now people are complaining.
New Jersey - only did it because the incumbent Democrat was being a fiscally conservative fink. Unfortunately, all of the other candidates were also preaching the same message, leaving NJ without much of a choice. So that fell down to simple anti-incumbentism.
Massachussetts - RINO....
Hawaii - two Democrats split the liberal vote. The GOP winner there was a pluralty winner.

And yet the Democrats are on a panicked run. They said that Djou would lose in Hawaii, he didn't. They said that Scott would lose in Massachusetts. He didn't. They said that Christie in NJ would lose. He didn't. They said that the governor seat in Virginia would not go to a Republican, it did.

Low turnout cannot explain Massachusetts voter's decision to go for a Republican. Sorry. Not in the bluest of all blue states.

Eh, Scott Brown is a RINO... pretty telling, huh?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back