CLOUD iwrelay not just for VRS anymore

Wow.. You are tell me to be nice. I have right to say! Thank you!

It's pretty much similiar to I711 flash based VP on browser. I like when there are emergency that I cannot access to my VP locally. I711 don't work in Linux grr. I will give Cloud a try on Linux. If it works, then I'm happy.

Catty

Yeah I am wondering IP relay Cloud collect or delete client's records of clips after hang up?

lol @ xgb.. umm..well. I totally agree with macfreak.. but I was told by cloud iwrelay that they are working hard on get the iwrelay/cloud to work directly to any VP point to point.. we ll see.. if so.. I"m sure everybody will be happy no matter linux, mac, and any microsoft.. IMHO microsoft sux.. lol... but we only need it for (sigh) p3, viable, z4 versa visa etc.

I am currently running Ubuntu 10.10 on new Dual Core Neo II Acer Aspire notebook. It works!!! The only bad part is the laptop's webcam is kinda laggy on IWrelay.com "Cloud relay". If I sign fast, it'll wash out my sign. The operator's video on screen is smooth, no issue. I plugged and tested my USB Logitech Vision Pro (driverless webcam for Mac) and it is very smooth self view. Apparently that laptop's webcam is sucky!! I wish I can swap the webcam for better one!!

So IWRelay "Cloud relay" is the best option for Linux users!!

Catty

I am currently running Ubuntu 10.10 on new Dual Core Neo II Acer Aspire notebook. It works!!! The only bad part is the laptop's webcam is kinda laggy on IWrelay.com "Cloud relay". If I sign fast, it'll wash out my sign. The operator's video on screen is smooth, no issue. I plugged and tested my USB Logitech Vision Pro (driverless webcam for Mac) and it is very smooth self view. Apparently that laptop's webcam is sucky!! I wish I can swap the webcam for better one!!

Catty

Catty

I know that your Acer notebook s webcam video is fair quality. this video is 0.3 MP. Should be 1.3 or 2.0 MP which is better quality. I dislike Acer notebook and netbook because this webcam is awful.

I know that your Acer notebook s webcam video is fair quality. this video is 0.3 MP. Should be 1.3 or 2.0 MP which is better quality. I dislike Acer notebook and netbook because this webcam is awful.

Thought so lol. I believe that Acer buy cheap quality without realizing that customer prefer higher quality smooth webcam. Luckily, I have Logitech Vision Pro as a backup. I even am thinking about hacking new laptop and swap out built in USB webcam. (how did I know about it's USB itself that I went to Device Manager and clicked through USB Hub list and check the Power tab and ran Crystal Eye webcam then did same thing and found one running at 400ma so thus pinpointed to built-in USB webam). My issue is that the wiring (it have 5 on connector as shown on Ebay picture) and wanted to be sure that the voltage, data and all those are same as other laptop that I can hack it to my laptop. I wanted to swap out better USB webcam that runs smooth. I suspect my daughter's new laptop (same as mine) have minor problem with peephole. It seem that the webcam's len or tube is not fully screwed in cuz I can see dark circular pattern around me on self view. My laptop is perfectly fine.

So If you are hardware hacking inclined, you won't have problem swapping out Acer's Lousy Crystal Eye webcam.

I will be using Logitech Vision Pro for Cloud VRS on either Windows or Linux.

Catty

Last edited:
ya could delete that hardware webcam and restart see if there is new kernel for this acer webcam.. or umm.. ubuntu 10.10?? dang my bro s acer webcam works so smooth??
ofc "cheese" could hackin the colors of webcam itself lol

Back