Closed caption in the news thur internet?

D

deafunix

Hello anyone,

I went to couple of news on the internet and wanted to watch the video, but all of 'em doesn't have closed caption supported. I checked the setting to turn the subtitle on and nothing works. But I remember one site I went long ago had closed caption. If anyone know a site that have closed caption with video online with news, please let me know. :ty: for reading!

Yes I brought this issue up and so far the big deaf orgs have been lethargically mum on this.

Richard

I agree with Richard

Alot of big deaf orgs.show video on the internet, they don't caption them.
Thats really stupid!
Some have alot of money either to buy a caption machine or have a company to it for them.
All videos shown on tv and on the internet should be captioned.
Margie
Dir. of Communication Services
OCDAC

That would be technically interesting in some ways.

The big thing is that it wouldn't always be feasible to put the captioning on the video image--if it's sufficiently low-resolution, or the viewer keeps it small because it's being displayed on a computer too slow to deal with large video, the caption would be too small to read. You might want to nudge the folks who put together Captioning Key to come up with standards for how this should be done.

Amazing...

I never see any captioning on
these videos online with news
which does show the
lack of accommodation. Sigh.

Would be a good idea, and I can also think of many reasons the hearing could benefit from this as well. There are times where I'm on the computer where for whatever reason I don't want to turn on my PC speakers, and a feature like that would be very useful.

I've found a similar problem with the online tutorials that came with my finance book. They have all the mathematical stuff shown visually, but nothing of the explanations. Simple fact of the matter is, I learn better if I have text going with each step. Dunno why, it's just the way I am.

Which software did you use to watch on internet news? QuickTime or Windows Media Player? I have the same problem, and most news companies are really jerk.

I don't see why it can't be done. I have watched foreign language news with subtitles on the net before. Even though the resolution was low, I could still read them without difficulty.

webexplorer said:
Which software did you use to watch on internet news? QuickTime or Windows Media Player? I have the same problem, and most news companies are really jerk.

Windows Media Player most of the time. Sometime flash movie. Yeah, but later will be better. We're so lucky in this day then 20 years ago with few technology!

I found the company's website which provides a software to convert it from Windows Media Player to WM Components (WMV) for QuickTime player. It is only for Mac users.

Most online news only provide a Window Media Player (WMP). We can get a free WMP from Microsoft to download it on our Mac/Apple computer.

I thought that it would be nice if we could use the WMV to watch it on the internet. It cost 9.99 for anyone want to download the WMV. I am pretty sure that there are no closed captions, and because I want to see it on the screen if I missed on the TV news. I am thinking about it after Christmas.

http://www.flip4mac.com/wmv.htm

^^I got that, too. I can play windows media movies on quicktime! :D

Back