CleanMPG.com

You mean automatic trannys are junk? If without ETC, I would be suffer with automatic's shifting problematic. Hey, have you drive a 2004 BMW M3 with a
semi automatic tranny before? Try on it and play with shifting peddlers on the steering wheel, you will see why the automatic tranny is talking about.
Happens to me that I couldnt move a BMW M3 in reverse (semi auto tranny)
I cant figure out why ( saw "R" blinking on the dash when joystick shift on the console, was in reverse position), I found out the hood was leave open cuz I forget to close it after smog inspection, I closed a hood then car moved fine in reverse, though.... Even BMW M3 will not start without depress brake pedal or leave joyshift in drive or reverse position or leave door open.

Yeah, I mean the automatic transmissions are junk. I don't think it's shifting problem because it have no problem on flat road but only lag at the uphill. I believe Ford Focus engine 2.0L (136 HP) is not enough torque for 4sps auto transmission at the uphill. I checked the ATF fluid and it's pretty enough and looks good.

AllDeaf.com - View Single Post - stick or auto?

I believe you missed my post about BMW and semi-automatic.

yep, milwaukee, did you know that the E4OD trannys use C-6 componements such as clutch steel plates or drive drums ( I cant remember)?

Yes but E40D just electronic control with overdrive gears.

It very good transmission I got once 18 mpg in 96 E350 passenger van.

Finally got 3.55 gear last night so we be install on Tuesday tonight. Hope I see 15-20 mpg.

Yeah, I mean the automatic transmissions are junk. I don't think it's shifting problem because it have no problem on flat road but only lag at the uphill. I believe Ford Focus engine 2.0L (136 HP) is not enough torque for 4sps auto transmission at the uphill. I checked the ATF fluid and it's pretty enough and looks good.

AllDeaf.com - View Single Post - stick or auto?

I believe you missed my post about BMW and semi-automatic.

I understand you mean. Older trannys are problems with shifting quality
or mechanical break downs that s what I guess you mention about a Ford Focus. I could be wrong? On newer electronic transmissions with ETC (electric throttle control) are vast improvement in shifting quality or responsive and better fuel efficiency. If I drive a newer Ford Focus with a fully electronic tranny up the hill. Computer will tell the tranny to upshift or downshjift in no matter what I drive up the hill. No sweat. If I want manual shifting in automatic tranny, just switch or shift to manual mode and play with joystick or peddlers to upshift/downshift the tranny.

Back