CI: Switching from ESPrit 3G to Nucleus Freedom??? HELP!

Seibo21

Reaction score
ESPrit 3G is going obsolete at the end of this year. I have been wearing the ESPrit 3G for nearly 5 years. Since the Nucleus 5 won't be ready for me (Nucleus 24 internal components) I have no choice but to upgrade to the Freedom.

Does anyone have any comments on the Nucleus Freedom compared to the 3G? How do you like it? Any tips/help appreciated!

I switch from Esprit 3g to Freedom. I like Freedom. I loved the rechargable batteries the best (that is the reason I decided to upgrade). I can't remember the sound quality from ESPrit 35 as I had Freedom for a couple years now. But I do remember telling my husband when I first got it that sound quality in Freedom have improve alittle bit better and have better features . I have to admit that it is slightly heavier (I never really like wearing it because the weight) but I got the recharable type so thats why.

You probably can wait it out for Nucleus 5. I think they will come out soon. And I don't think Freedom isn't going anywhere yet. there are older implants who will wear it once Nucleus 5 become available for N24

I have the same internal component as you do.

btw, you have to be warn, you may have to pay out of your pocket to get an upgrade.

The 3G becomes obsolete December 31 of this year... They are saying it will be at least 12-18 months from now until Nucleus 5 is ready for Nucleus 24 internal components.

I am not sure I can risk the 3G breaking sometime after the first of 2011 and having to buy a Freedom where if I make the switch now, I get $2,500 off towards the Nucleus 5, I get $2,500 off for trading in my 3G.

Sounds like too good of a deal to pass up but I don't know yet.

I don't like using Rechargeable batteries so I doubt I would go that route...

i understand. I wouldn't want to pay for the full price when nucleus 5 come in either because I can't do trade in. but you have to realize that if you did trade in and pay ... and later down the road, you decided to trade in again and pay, the amount you pay out of your pocket for both trade in would probably be about the same amount of the full price. So I suppose it wouldn't make a different what you do.

Yes N 5 is out, but it is not compatible with Nucleus 24 Internal Components (I had my CI done in Summer of 2001). And it won't be compatible for me for another year or two.

I have old Esprit 3G, I try best convice to American customer. I figure out audiologist. I pray try best faithful. I think so old implant, I am not sure figure out.. I think so guess you are try help best do old.... I did remove implant then new Nucleus,

Back