CI surgery & switch on calender thread!

R2D2

Reaction score
Hi all,

This is where folks can put their CI surgery and switch on dates so that we can keep track of everyone and give support. :grouphug: :gossip:

I will ask Alex if we can make it a sticky but if not we can just keep bumping it up.

Good luck everyone! :fingersx:

That is a great idea you had!!

Victoria's surgery is scheduled for February 7th, and her stimulation date is set for March 6th. Time is flying by!!

yeah it's an excellent idea. I still haven't gotten my new date.

Just had 2nd map today

Surgery was December 16th, 2006.

Turn on date last Monday, January 15th.
Everything was high pitch and just didn't sound quite right but what I did hear was extremely clear and it just blew me away that it was really working.

Received 2nd Map this afternoon Monday, January 22nd. WHAT A DIFFERENCE. From slightly discouraged earlier this morning to HOLLY COW. Still slightly higher pitch but I can really hear. I don't have to rely on reading lips. First time in several years. This is just to cool. Can't wait until the next mapping session but I do need to live a little before then and experience all I can so I know what works and what doesn't.

Good luck to all of you getting ready. I wish you all the best and really hope it works as well as I've experienced so far. My wife has always said I make a lot of noise but now I can hear it myself. I've got to figure out how to walk quieter. (hardwood floors everywhere) I guess it could be worse with tap shoes but not much.

Steve

Surgery was December 16th, 2006.

Turn on date last Monday, January 15th.
Everything was high pitch and just didn't sound quite right but what I did hear was extremely clear and it just blew me away that it was really working.

Received 2nd Map this afternoon Monday, January 22nd. WHAT A DIFFERENCE. From slightly discouraged earlier this morning to HOLLY COW. Still slightly higher pitch but I can really hear. I don't have to rely on reading lips. First time in several years. This is just to cool. Can't wait until the next mapping session but I do need to live a little before then and experience all I can so I know what works and what doesn't.

Good luck to all of you getting ready. I wish you all the best and really hope it works as well as I've experienced so far. My wife has always said I make a lot of noise but now I can hear it myself. I've got to figure out how to walk quieter. (hardwood floors everywhere) I guess it could be worse with tap shoes but not much.

Steve

Congratuations to your hookup! Nothing like hearing things much more loudly than before...eh?

Yea, that higher pitch bit threw me off too! That took me a couple of days to get used to it and some. When the water ran in the faucet, that was a killer at first.

Great hook up Steve I had chills reading your post.

Devbaby looks like you are next under the knife! Good luck and let us know how you go.

Followed on her heels by Oldnavygirl and Victoria.

Deafskeptic - hope it doesn't take long to get your new date. You thought it might be in April didn't you? There seem to be a few others scheduled for April as well.

Steve,

Congratulations on your activation! :) My activation experiences were similar to yours. Everything sounded extremely high pitched and metallic, but things improved remarkably within a few days.

Even though my first CI has been activated for 2 years and my second CI for 10 months, I still have difficulty tolerating high frequencies. When I hear them, sometimes they cause dizziness (even when the sensitivity setting on my processors are turned down). When my audi set my T and C levels back in December, the high frequency beeps were bothersome. I heard as well as felt them. My audi explained that this was due to the fact I haven't heard these high frequencies in many years. She also said the more I hear these frequencies, the more I will be able to tolerate them.

With each map you will be amazed at how much you hear. Sometimes I find it hard to believe that the metallic blur of sound I heard on the day of my activation has turned into such beautiful, crisp, clear sound.

Please continue to keep us posted on your progress! :)

Already had my implant and already activated years ago eh.
but I have remapping and hearing test appointment this coming Feb 7th and hoping to put Fidelity 120 on my PSP (AB's body processor. I haven't put the wheel in motion for 2nd implant yet. when that happen I'll mention and by then I'll be able to get Harmony w/Fidelity 120.

Boult,

I can wait to read all about your experiences with F120! :) By the way, my next audi appointment is on the 31st. At that time, I will have my 2 year evaluation for my first CI. It will be interesting to see how much my hearing has changed since my activation in January of 2005!

had mine more than a year ago will have 2nd year soon

I remember reading your posts and experiences with the CI when I was considering getting one for myself. Cool to hear you are getting a second one soon! :)

had mine more than a year ago will have 2nd year soon

I think it's *great* that you are considering a second CI. I decided to go bilateral after my surgeon's recommendation and the fact that I no longer received any benefit from a HA in my nonimplanted ear. Believe me, you will *love* being bilateral! :)

R2D2:

Excellent idea to do this thread!! It was beginning to get hard to keep up with everyone! When one has surgery, I'm like...Who's next? :giggle:

CI Surgery - February 15th
Possible Switch on - February 26th

i accually mean 2nd anniversary.. i just can't believe that i forgot what date... its in march or april :blush:

but there are times i'm sometimes thinking of getting 2nd one.. but i rather yet wait... i have strong doubt that insurance will cover..

Back