CI Surgery approved today

Saw the CI surgeon today and have decided to go bilateral. He believes I will do great, so I left there feeling very optimistic and so did my husband. I signed all the paperwork with my Audi. You get to pick four accessories for the N6. I picked the mini wireless microphone, the remote and the tv streamer.

I get to pick one more but I can do that after activation. My Audi recommended to pick the expensive accessories so later on if I need something else it will be the less expensive items. As soon as I get insurance approval I will have the surgery. This process happened extremely fast last time. Plus this time no need for CT scan etc.all I need is the EKG and blood work. My surgeon felt that my tinnitus would be greatly reduced by having two CI's.

I have the N5 now on my left ear only. When I upgrade to the N6 I receive two processors so I will be able to have the N6 on both ears. Then I will have two N5's as backup.

Saw the CI surgeon today and have decided to go bilateral. He believes I will do great, so I left there feeling very optimistic and so did my husband. I signed all the paperwork with my Audi. You get to pick four accessories for the N6. I picked the mini wireless microphone, the remote and the tv streamer.

I get to pick one more but I can do that after activation. My Audi recommended to pick the expensive accessories so later on if I need something else it will be the less expensive items. As soon as I get insurance approval I will have the surgery. This process happened extremely fast last time. Plus this time no need for CT scan etc.all I need is the EKG and blood work. My surgeon felt that my tinnitus would be greatly reduced by having two CI's.

I have the N5 now on my left ear only. When I upgrade to the N6 I receive two processors so I will be able to have the N6 on both ears. Then I will have two N5's as backup.

Can you pick extra battery as an accessory? After reading purplecatty's thread this morning about the battery accident and $200 for a new battery, that is what I would pick.

Can you pick extra battery as an accessory? After reading purplecatty's thread this morning about the battery accident and $200 for a new battery, that is what I would pick.

Thank you for the advice. I need to check if the N5 and N6 use the same batteries. If so I have three rechargeable batteries now with my N5 and I will get two more with the N6. I will definitely look into this.

I missed it, but what went wrong with Purplecatty's batteries?

Batteries are a choice.....

Thank you for the advice. I need to check if the N5 and N6 use the same batteries. If so I have three rechargeable batteries now with my N5 and I will get two more with the N6. I will definitely look into this.

I missed it, but what went wrong with Purplecatty's batteries?

Batteries are a choice.....

Not really sure, I think his wife fell on the charger or something and broke them.http://www.alldeaf.com/showthread.php?p=2404289#post2404289

But here is his thread.

Angel, I'm so happy that you feel confident in your decision. :) I'll be keeping ya in my thoughts that your tinnitus goes down with it.

Just think of all the sleep you could get! So I hope that this works out for you. :)

Angel, I'm so happy that you feel confident in your decision. :) I'll be keeping ya in my thoughts that your tinnitus goes down with it.

Just think of all the sleep you could get! So I hope that this works out for you. :)

I'm so excited that I'm going to get it done. The N6 is so much nicer then the N5. N6 has bluetooth so all the accessories are wireless. Suppose to be a pretty big improvement. OMG if it got rid of my tinnitus I would be so so so happy. I'm pretty sure my insurance approvall will happen fast and the surgery should happen within four weeks. I'm hoping so at least.

Angel,

Good Luck with going bilateral. I went bilateral almost 5 years ago and have not regretted it. Keep us posted. I agree that the N6 is nicer. I am going to try to upgrade after my N5 processors are over 5 years old.

Angel,

Good Luck with going bilateral. I went bilateral almost 5 years ago and have not regretted it. Keep us posted. I agree that the N6 is nicer. I am going to try to upgrade after my N5 processors are over 5 years old.

Thank you very much. I'm still waiting for insurance approval, hopefully that will happen in the next few weeks. I'm actually going to check in with my CI surgeons office tomorrow. I am hoping for a May surgery. I'm continuing to learn ASL and am finding that I really enjoy it. I will let everyone know as soon as I have news. Hopefully it will be soon............

Thank you very much. I'm still waiting for insurance approval, hopefully that will happen in the next few weeks. I'm actually going to check in with my CI surgeons office tomorrow. I am hoping for a May surgery. I'm continuing to learn ASL and am finding that I really enjoy it. I will let everyone know as soon as I have news. Hopefully it will be soon............

I admire you, Angel...and of course, a little jealous...:giggle:...my ears are doing pretty good (after so many surgeries)...You're a Trooper.

I wish you well! I am so proud of how far you've come since you first joined here.

I wish you well! I am so proud of how far you've come since you first joined here.

Ahhhhh, you guys are all so very sweet. I've come so far because I've had people like all of you to talk to. I probably would have gone crazy by now.:giggle:

The CI surgeons office "called" today and left a message for me. I have told them over and over to contact me via email. Hubby said that they had a few questions for me. He is calling them in the morning to see what is up. Hopefully this means insurance approval is on it's way. Nerves are kicking in......

I ended up having to drive down town to the ENT's office. Their insurance lady needed me to sign one paper. I have a feeling they used my last insurance companies information from my first CI by mistake. Even though I have reminded them over and over we have new insurance. I was a little grumpy and told her that if approval does not happen soon I'm going to wait until next year. She told my daughter I should hear back in five business days. The CI surgeon is amazing, his staff......not so much.

No approval yet. Delayed since they sent the process to the wrong insurance company. The insurance lady that had me come in almost two weeks ago said it should be all taken care of in five day. It's been almost six weeks. Sent an email to the surgeons nurse but no reply. If surgery doesn't happen soon.........I'll have to wait until Sept or even longer.

Question, when we were out at a resteraunt having lunch on the very top of my phone was the sign with an ear with the line through it and then a small T next to that. (assuming t-coil) never used it. Haven't seen that before. Not quite sure why you would need it while eating.

Any idea....am I missing something?

Maybe there was a loop nearby. I know CA has a lot of looped venues. You can see a list at loopamerica.com (or .org)
I found out that the church I'm going to this Sunday is on the list. It will be the first looped venue I've been to. Can't wait to check it out.

Surgeons office left a message for me.....not an email like requested. BUT.....CI approval went through. Husband will call them tomorrow to see what pre op I need and to schedule the surgery. Should happen pretty quick. Cautiously optimistic at this time.

Surgeons office left a message for me.....not an email like requested. BUT.....CI approval went through. Husband will call them tomorrow to see what pre op I need and to schedule the surgery. Should happen pretty quick. Cautiously optimistic at this time.

Best of Luck to you girl!....So brave.

Don't you love it when an office that deals with the deaf & HoH don't "get it".

Best of luck to you. I may be heading down that road in a few years.

Make sure they know about your reaction to the glue last time.

Don't you love it when an office that deals with the deaf & HoH don't "get it".

Best of luck to you. I may be heading down that road in a few years.

It's like that for me too with my Audi. If I email her, she emails back, but if anyone else in her office wants to get a hold of me, they call. No relay, no nothing. One look at my audiogram would help them realize I have no way of doing a phone call without help. It's weird.

Back