CI Surgery approved today

Well if not, it is nice that I can come here for support. I have received such great help from all of you. Thanks again!!!! I am going to record some of the activation for friends and family. I hope something good happens. :)

Wishing you all the best in your activation and looking forward to hearing about it!

2 more days for activation, Angel.....will be watching this thread closely!....and hope you'll be able and can find the time to give us a blow by blow about it all.....

If you would READ this thread thoroughly, you'll notice she's already gotten her Cochlear N5 implant, awaiting activation...

I think it pretty much sums up her reading habits universally and explains the lack of understanding the facts overall.

Today I finally went thru the huge CI suitcase and charged the remote and batteries. Sad that I needed help from my daughter to do that. Hahaha It is crazy how many different parts there are. Activation date is this Wednesday at 2:40 pm.

Good luck. Just remember that it is going to sound squeaky in the beginning. After a few hours of wearing the CI, and you turn it off, you are going to have a loud, booming echo for a few seconds, and you will be exhausted.

It will definitely be interesting. I always have the loud noises you are talking about. Maybe it will work in reverse for me. Hahaha My audi said there may be two problems. One, my ears are so tiny it may be difficult to wear the processor. Two, my noises are so, so loud 24/7 that they may have to turn the CI way up to drown some of that out. Anyone have experience with either?? My expectations are low, so I won't be dissapointed.:-(

If you feel like your BTE is going to fall off your ear easily, try some wig/toupee tape. Just stick a little bit of tape on the side of the processor, then stick it against the skin on your head behind the ear. That should help keep the BTE on better.

Activation sucessful. I can tell it will take a lot of work. Definitely sounds like Charlie Browns teacher, WAH WAH WAH My audi said it went very well. She expects me to progress great. The hard part is trying to drown out thr noises that I already have. I was able to lipread easier. I also was quite surprised when the noise I was hearing was my own footsteps. Audi wants me to get books that have tapes so I can listen and follow along. I am totally exhausted now. More news later.

Activation sucessful. I can tell it will take a lot of work. Definitely sounds like Charlie Browns teacher, WAH WAH WAH My audi said it went very well. She expects me to progress great. The hard part is trying to drown out thr noises that I already have. I was able to lipread easier. I also was quite surprised when the noise I was hearing was my own footsteps. Audi wants me to get books that have tapes so I can listen and follow along. I am totally exhausted now. More news later.

This is getting so exciting, Angel...you heard ur own foot steps...

This is GREAT!! I wish you the best of luck here on out, your going to do wonderful.

(It warms my heart to read this or is it to find out this way. Feeling the LOVE!! LOL!)

This is GREAT!! I wish you the best of luck here on out, your going to do wonderful.

(It warms my heart to read this or is it to find out this way. Feeling the LOVE!! LOL!)

I wrote you a very loving email. Just a little late. Sorry!!!!

Awesome! Yes, audiobooks are great auditory rehab tools. Just make sure you have a copy of the book too so you can read along, but it'll probably be very tricky at first. When I started with Alice's Adventures in Wonderland, I kept getting lost in different spots, whoa. Also watch TV with the sound, and have your captions on. Just feed sounds to your CI and let your brain make the connections :)

Have you gone around your place and made noise with different things yet? That can be fun. "oh wait that makes a sound?!" I'm excited for ya!

After 4+ hours, my brain had enough. The loud noises I have all the time are really, really loud right now. I did hear my own footsteps, which was very strange. I think I will start off with childrens books. It is also hard because I hear my own voice. Not like when I was hearing. Very amplified which hopefully I will get use to in the near future. I need to take it a little slower, since I had that brain injury. Looking forward to what tomorrow may bring. Thanks!!!!!

Angle,

I am glad you are off to a great start. I agree with cd that it is fun to go around making noise with different things. The funniest thing was the look on my dogs face. He was looking at me like I was crazy.

Angle,

I am glad you are off to a great start. I agree with cd that it is fun to go around making noise with different things. The funniest thing was the look on my dogs face. He was looking at me like I was crazy.

This is funny about your dog. I have been telling everyone that my dog is so quiet and never barks. I know she does and I will soon hear her. Hahaha

Back