CI Surgery approved today

I am not activated yet, but I started going through the large suitcase filled with CI gear. I watched the DVD "getting to know your CI". I thought I was doing pretty good understanding all of it. Then I tried to plug in and charge the "remote", it has 2 plugs you use and I can not find the USB plug. I am getting frustrated. What about the Zypher, do you use that every night?

Surgery went well! Huge wrapping around my head and still hurts a bit. One doctor gave me a motion sickness patch due to some people feels nauseous after the surgery. I ended up having some sort of reaction to it (not allergic to it though) and I apparently ripped out the IV after the surgery. A few people had to hold me down to put another IV in..

I am glad your surgery went well. Listen to the people telling you to rest up. You may be feeling good, but it was still a big surgery. I hopefully will get activated in a couple weeks since I had that delay. I don't know what brand you went with, but Cochlear gives you a large suitcase filled with at least 100 different parts. Good luck and let us know how it is going.

use the Zypher however often you want. I hardly ever use my Dry & Store, and the Zypher is still in its package. Where I live, it's pretty dry here so I don't worry much about the humidity. It rains every now and then, and if I feel my hearing aid is going crazy cause of the wetness, into the dry & store it goes! I haven't put my CI in it yet.

use the Zypher however often you want. I hardly ever use my Dry & Store, and the Zypher is still in its package. Where I live, it's pretty dry here so I don't worry much about the humidity. It rains every now and then, and if I feel my hearing aid is going crazy cause of the wetness, into the dry & store it goes! I haven't put my CI in it yet.

Thank you. Can you tell me about the batteries? On the DVD it only shows the 2 hearing aid batteries being use. I know I have the rechargable batteries but they never show how to use them. Which ones do you use? Any clue where the USB plug is in that big suitcase? Need it to charge the remote, and can not find it. This is all too technical for me!!!!!:hmm:

Angle,

The USB cable should have been with the charger. The charger is for both the remote and the batteries. To charge the batteries just attach the batteries to the charger. The part of the battery with the metal strip should be facing the Cochlear symbol. To recharge the remote, plug the USB cable into the charger and then connect the remote. The USB cable is plugged in near where the power cable is plugged in (look on the side of the charger opposite the cochlear symbol. Contact cochlear if the USB cable is not with the recharger.

Glad you are on the mend!

Angle,

The USB cable should have been with the charger. The charger is for both the remote and the batteries. To charge the batteries just attach the batteries to the charger. The part of the battery with the metal strip should be facing the Cochlear symbol. To recharge the remote, plug the USB cable into the charger and then connect the remote. The USB cable is plugged in near where the power cable is plugged in (look on the side of the charger opposite the cochlear symbol. Contact cochlear if the USB cable is not with the recharger.

Glad you are on the mend!

The cable is not there. I contacted Cochlear which was super easy, online. I told them it was not there. They told me to ask my doctors office if they removed it. I said "why would they take "just" a USB cord" SO thry are sending me one out and I should have it in 7 days.

The cable is not there. I contacted Cochlear which was super easy, online. I told them it was not there. They told me to ask my doctors office if they removed it. I said "why would they take "just" a USB cord" SO thry are sending me one out and I should have it in 7 days.

In the meantime that is such a common item — check your computer stuff you very likely have one that fits. Just guessing as I don't have a CI but have found them interchangeable for computer gear and cell phones.

yeah I couldn't help with the Cochlear items, as I have AB for myself.

I know the office removed a magnet and a headpiece from my kit to check my internal implant in the OR. The headpiece was put back in the kit, but I guess a magnet went missing? I don't know but not an issue, audie replaced the magnet for me.

Anyway, glad Cochlear is sending a replacement. It is odd that it's not in your kit, and I don't see why your CI center would take just that USB cord, what would they need it for?

Exactly my point when Cochlear said that. Yes I do have other USB cords, but I really want the one I am suppose to use. Looks like it will be taken care of. I was impressed how easy it was to contact them via the computer. There was a response within 5-10 seconds. That is really good to know that for the future if I have questions.

Yeah I got a pretty quick response from Cochlear too when I ordered Sound and Way Beyond for my auditory rehab. Did you get Sound and Way Beyond with your kit?

Hi everyone. I saw the CI doctor yesterday, says I healed up nicely. Did an allergy patch test and I seem to by reacting to the Mastisol. It is a liquid adhesive that helps the bandages stay on. That test spot is itchy. Activation date June 20th. I hope to share some good news soon.

Hi everyone. I saw the CI doctor yesterday, says I healed up nicely. Did an allergy patch test and I seem to by reacting to the Mastisol. It is a liquid adhesive that helps the bandages stay on. That test spot is itchy. Activation date June 20th. I hope to share some good news soon.

Looking forward to it!....

Good luck!

glad they found out what the problem was. Hoping you have a great activation!

awesome cant wait to see how u react on june 20 :) good luck glad they found the problem with the reaction.

Today I finally went thru the huge CI suitcase and charged the remote and batteries. Sad that I needed help from my daughter to do that. Hahaha It is crazy how many different parts there are. Activation date is this Wednesday at 2:40 pm.

Well if not, it is nice that I can come here for support. I have received such great help from all of you. Thanks again!!!! I am going to record some of the activation for friends and family. I hope something good happens. :)

Back