CI Storage box

LadkaCI

Reaction score
Hello all,

Can you please give some suggestions for carrying/storage cases for Nucleus Freedom? With space for both disposable and rechargeable batteries.

The plastic case with padding (provided by Cochlear) broke and I am not sure if I can carry my CI around in regular boxes where it might bump around and damage the CI/batteries. Sorry, if this is an obvious question but I don't know what/where exactly to look for.

Thanks!

I never used the grey box as it would not click shut so i used clip it box and cutted out some padding... works well especially I am a yachtie and races all the time. It's very cheap and effective... let me find the link i did a posting few weeks ago...

I like the baggie modification you did on the CI, I'm tempted to do that for my HA the next time I head off to the coast. Last time I went on the coast, sitting on the windward side, my HA would get a bit soaked from the spray from pounding through the chop. Fortunately, no lasting complications. By the way, how clearly do you understand the VHF with your CI? I can never understand it with my HAs. I know when someone's talking, but that's about it. I always end up delegating the radio duties to a hearing member of my crew or just leave it for emergencies.

I am being to understand VHF just recently (like in the last few weeks) like count down, buoy's/markers names and port/starboard.

Like you I used VHF for mayday/pan pan calls thats it but for racing it's called on VHF... so I get my hearing crew to do the job but i do get it sometimes... as I wanna to be accurate..

so you are a Yachtie??

I sail/races on J 109's and J122's

That's good that you are able to understand the VHF better with the CI. Hopefully it'll improve even more :)

As for yachtie, I guess that depends on your definition of yachtie. :) I've sailed (crewed) on boats up to 40' (feet, not meters). I've never been aboard a J-boat, and I've only done races on Sunfish and Lasers. I'd love to be aboard a J-boat, even just to feel it fly. I currently have two boats. The 13' one, I use for a quick day sails. The 19' one, I use for longer term cruising in bays, giant lakes, and up and down the coast of Texas. The one in my avatar photo is my 19' one.

Now that I think about it, the only thing I can understand on VHF is the NOAA weather station. But the context for that is predictable: "Partly cloudy with a 20% chance of showers and thunderstorms. Winds NE 20 knots, water is slightly choppy. Seas 4 to 6 feet...."

Nice!

That's pretty cool thanks!

Do you have to recharge the rechargeable dessicant thingie frequently? First time I heard of a rechargeable dessicant.

You can put it in the oven at 200 or something until the crystals turns blue. In Uk they are pretty cheap to buy (approx 6 pounds) I think you can get them in States as i got the first one from San Francisco and had it for 9 years!!!

Back