CI Moments

OverThePond wow a lot of accents lol. Is the accents way different ? or similar ?

I just got my rechargable battery kit for my MedEl woo hoo it is nice . No more battery pack in my pocket and a wire running around my neck to the coil And the battery pack is so light . WOW Now waiting on the nifty remote Opus 2 model to arrive !!!

Life is Good

Thats my lateslt CI moment !!!

OverThePond wow a lot of accents lol. Is the accents way different ? or similar ?

I just got my rechargable battery kit for my MedEl woo hoo it is nice . No more battery pack in my pocket and a wire running around my neck to the coil And the battery pack is so light . WOW Now waiting on the nifty remote Opus 2 model to arrive !!!

Life is Good

Thats my lateslt CI moment !!!

southfella,

do you know if the opus 2 contains program controls directly on it?

southfella,

do you know if the opus 2 contains program controls directly on it?

The Opus 2 have a remote control. The Opus 1 have the controls on the processor itself. A person can pick either model. As a backup, there is the body aid choice a person can use.

I waited for years for the remote control to come out. That way I can make adjustments in my pocket and not on the processor itself. If I lose the remote, I can simply order another one and it will work or keep an extra remote on hand. Or use the back up. No problem there. I look forward to the remote control and FM feature . hurrayyyy

The Opus 2 have a remote control. The Opus 1 have the controls on the processor itself. A person can pick either model. As a backup, there is the body aid choice a person can use.

I waited for years for the remote control to come out. That way I can make adjustments in my pocket and not on the processor itself. If I lose the remote, I can simply order another one and it will work or keep an extra remote on hand. Or use the back up. No problem there. I look forward to the remote control and FM feature . hurrayyyy

thanks for answering my question, southfella. :)

:bump:

very interesting thread
in less than 2 weeks id be flying over to the South Island for 3 days having an asesssment for CI to ascertain whether I'm an ideal candiate - wish me luck.
Cheers

Southfella, I cannot wait to get my CI as well.

I can still read lips and know the person has an accent.

For instance an Italian person down the street has a strong accent.

She'll say something like " Tevvy veddy vad at yew, yew gew to dis doer."

At first I was like "EH?!" Took a good minute to think and say OH! Teddy's very mad at me for going to his door.

P.S Teddy's the Boston Terrorist.. the wee dog I love seeing.

:bump:

very interesting thread
in less than 2 weeks id be flying over to the South Island for 3 days having an asesssment for CI to ascertain whether I'm an ideal candiate - wish me luck.
Cheers

all the best, grummer!

thanks i will let you guys know how i got on.....and id probably have more questions , so stay tuned for this space.....
cheers

Just a quick note. Ashley is going in for her Medel upgrade on Tuesday. She will be getting the Opus 2 on her right side. Will update after the appointment. We are still waiting in line for her left side. We hope it is not far behind. We are going to try to move up behind the ear when we get both.

Just a quick note. Ashley is going in for her Medel upgrade on Tuesday. She will be getting the Opus 2 on her right side. Will update after the appointment. We are still waiting in line for her left side. We hope it is not far behind. We are going to try to move up behind the ear when we get both.

Kewl...keep us posted so we know how she is doing with a new, improved model.

:( Well we got bad news today. Ashley's audi is out sick and we had to reschedule her appointment. Now we have to wait till the 29th. So I guess maybe the other side will be in by then and we can do both. That would be nice. Will keep you posted all the same. Thanks for the well wishes.

OMG..I can't believe I actually have one on day one....but, although it sounded like a computer inhaling helium, I actually could understand what was said during a commercial with no CC and no face to speech read. Don't ask me what commercial as I am too excited to remember. It has to be the speaker.... something about the pitch of their voice and enunciation, as I can't do that with TV shows or other commercials yet, but Wow...what a rush!!! :)

OMG..I can't believe I actually have one on day one....but, although it sounded like a computer inhaling helium, I actually could understand what was said during a commercial with no CC and no face to speech read. Don't ask me what commercial as I am too excited to remember. It has to be the speaker.... something about the pitch of their voice and enunciation, as I can't do that with TV shows or other commercials yet, but Wow...what a rush!!! :)

awesome, et! :)

by the way, i read your other post and the sound you are hearing could very well be tinnitus which is normal.

keep enjoying your new world of sounds! :D

Thanks Hear Again...
and double thanks, as that is possible and I hadn't thought of it. I guess I was just hoping the brain would say, "hey, this is real sound, I don't have to make up my own".

Thanks Hear Again...
and double thanks, as that is possible and I hadn't thought of it. I guess I was just hoping the brain would say, "hey, this is real sound, I don't have to make up my own".

:lol:

i know what you mean. sometimes the brain can be thrown into overdrive especially if it hasn't heard sound for a very long time. i'm sure your tinnitus will start to settle down soon. keep those updates coming! :)

Back