CI Borg Pals

MilitaryGirl83

Reaction score
I would need some people who had experience with CI and tell me what to expect etc.. so it would help me down the road. :mrgreen: anyone who supports an CI is welcomed in here as well!

1. Recognise that it will be a long journey and you will have days when you feel frustrated and this is very normal
2. Stay realistic but hopeful
3. Keep a journal so that you can see progress when you look back
4. Keep reminding everyone that it's not an instant cure and that you will probably still need the same communication support that you received before and that things will change only gradually as your speech perception grows.
5. Practice as much as you can with audio books, talking with Jeremy etc
6. Make sure you do lots of fun things outside e.g. walks, going on holiday to enjoy the new sounds with your implant.
7. Stay out of CI debates on AD for the first few weeks. This is your special time and the last you need is for someone who wants to spend their 2 cents upsetting you. (Okay! I haven't followed my own advice here but it's been nice and peaceful lately)

Maybe some of the others can add their own advice...

FelixKat930 said:
I would need some people who had experience with CI and tell me what to expect etc.. so it would help me down the road. :mrgreen: anyone who supports an CI is welcomed in here as well!

Wish you best luck in the whole world... I hope you get good benefit from CI...
SxyPorkie :slap:

I concur with what R2D2 said plus...

No two people are exactly alike in their journey. Some take to it right away and others take some time. Don't get into comparing yourself with others especially at the beginning. Be patient and it will come. Success is what you make of it not how others define it.

Twelve days, wow! It'll be here before you know it!

I wish you the best! :slap:

sadly i dont have ci yet.. but hope to be one of these days... :)

YOU GO GIRL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
My advice, take it slow. When ever I think about progressing with a CI, (aside from Lillys progress) I always think about something I read almost a year ago. A man that was born deaf had a CI as an adult. After having the implant for quite a while, he was driving down the road in the rain one night. He started hearing a strange/new noise. He realized that he heard the rain hitting the windshiled. He had never heard that before.
The brain is truley amazing and will never cease to amaze you as you continue to adjust to your CI.

Call me a big ole school girl if ya want, but I am gettin choke us as I type this because I am thinking about all the progress Lilly has made in the last year.

YOU GO GIRL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
My advice, take it slow. When ever I think about progressing with a CI, (aside from Lillys progress) I always think about something I read almost a year ago. A man that was born deaf had a CI as an adult. After having the implant for quite a while, he was driving down the road in the rain one night. He started hearing a strange/new noise. He realized that he heard the rain hitting the windshiled. He had never heard that before.
The brain is truley amazing and will never cease to amaze you as you continue to adjust to your CI.

Call me a big ole school girl if ya want, but I am gettin choke us as I type this because I am thinking about all the progress Lilly has made in the last year.

Hi Lilly's Dad, I can see that is clearly a father's pride and joy and it is always rewarding to see the kids learn alots and be able to grow up good. I can't wait to find a good woman and marry her then start my own family and pass on very good and vaulable skills to my kids. I had forgotten about wearing the BTE hearing aids for years until I got one and it has been an eye opening experience, I enjoy hearing the sound of a Harley with my hearing aid, just too many things. Enjoy and God Bless !!!!! :angel:

Hi Lilly's Dad, I can see that is clearly a father's pride and joy and it is always rewarding to see the kids learn alots and be able to grow up good. I can't wait to find a good woman and marry her then start my own family and pass on very good and vaulable skills to my kids. I had forgotten about wearing the BTE hearing aids for years until I got one and it has been an eye opening experience, I enjoy hearing the sound of a Harley with my hearing aid, just too many things. Enjoy and God Bless !!!!! :angel:

:topic:

Back