Ci 3 month progress

eggyman

Reaction score
hello ,i would like say something I am so so happy with the hearing performance outcome and is been 3 month already from switch on .I can't believe how quick i have progress also have noticed that i don't have to ask people can u say that again again which is a massive bonus for me .I can understand what people saying and so easy for me to lipread :D .My parent and i did some hearing word test without lipreading & have been getting most answer right n few wrong so am getting there .Listen to music -is awesome n i have turn Ci up to loud , let rock the party !!!!! .
I wish i had Ci earlier but wasn't candidated .
Invented Ci is the best thing and is bloody amazing devices
:lol:

phonak HA 30yrs
senionerual hearing loss nov 2011
med el implanted 19th july 2012
Switch on aug 23rd 2012

hello ,i would like say something I am so so happy with the hearing performance outcome and is been 3 month already from switch on .I can't believe how quick i have progress also have noticed that i don't have to ask people can u say that again again which is a massive bonus for me .I can understand what people saying and so easy for me to lipread :D .My parent and i did some hearing word test without lipreading & have been getting most answer right n few wrong so am getting there .Listen to music -is awesome n i have turn Ci up to loud , let rock the party !!!!! .
I wish i had Ci earlier but wasn't candidated .
Invented Ci is the best thing and is bloody amazing devices
:lol:

phonak HA 30yrs
senionerual hearing loss nov 2011
med el implanted 19th july 2012
Switch on aug 23rd 2012

Good news!!!! I am so happy things are going so well. Keep up the good work.

Aww-- Angel, your story is an inspiration for those of us who struggle to get used to a simple re-tuning. :ty:

Likewise eggyman: great news that you are able to gain from your Implant.
Aside: I just crossed 5 years in August. No regrets-at all.

Likewise eggyman: great news that you are able to gain from your Implant.
Aside: I just crossed 5 years in August. No regrets-at all.
Thank .
hello i don't have regret at all and am glad i have made right decision .5 year that is brilliant news .

very nice! I noticed after the 3mo mark I no longer needed to use subtitles which was HUGE for me. Congrats :)

very nice! I noticed after the 3mo mark I no longer needed to use subtitles which was HUGE for me. Congrats :)
Hey that is fantastic that you no longer use subtitle wow ;) ,I still use subtitle and can followed what is said also have try without subtitles i am little struggling but i have a long way to go .Amazing Ci aint they :D

I'm glad getting the CI worked out well for you! Congratulations and good luck with the rest of your journey. :)

Hi eggyman...I was thinking of you and hoping you are doing well with your CI. I can't watch TV without CC yet either. It is taking a lot of work, but so worth it. My big issues is this terrible tinnitus I have, hard to deal with. Other then that life is good!!

Hope each day gets better and better for you.

Eggyman,

I am happy for you that you are enjoying your new hearing! I can tell you are euphoric! You have a great attitude and hunger!

Regarding watching TV without captions... I would not get hung up on that. I don't even watch TV at home without captions by choice. For one... it's extremely habitual. When you've read TV for so many years.... it's almost preferable over pure audio. There are details in reading the text that may not be so apparent when only heard. Names, in particular.. are a great example. You'll immediately know the correct spelling of the character's name that someone only going by audio won't know. It's more engaging.. reading a book with video.

Listening to audiobooks are really one of the best aural rehab exercises you can do for yourself. Just plug in to your audio device (it could be your smartphone) and let the story play. Gradually you'll start to pick up words more and more. It's great practice for different voices and accents. By doing this it will more naturally lead to watching TV without captions. It comes in handy for live TV such as news or awards shows. We all know how horribly the captions lag. Just don't be hard on yourself if you don't find yourself flipping the captions off when you watch TV. It's not necessarily a bad habit.

Eggyman,

I am happy for you that you are enjoying your new hearing! I can tell you are euphoric! You have a great attitude and hunger!

Regarding watching TV without captions... I would not get hung up on that. I don't even watch TV at home without captions by choice. For one... it's extremely habitual. When you've read TV for so many years.... it's almost preferable over pure audio. There are details in reading the text that may not be so apparent when only heard. Names, in particular.. are a great example. You'll immediately know the correct spelling of the character's name that someone only going by audio won't know. It's more engaging.. reading a book with video.

Listening to audiobooks are really one of the best aural rehab exercises you can do for yourself. Just plug in to your audio device (it could be your smartphone) and let the story play. Gradually you'll start to pick up words more and more. It's great practice for different voices and accents. By doing this it will more naturally lead to watching TV without captions. It comes in handy for live TV such as news or awards shows. We all know how horribly the captions lag. Just don't be hard on yourself if you don't find yourself flipping the captions off when you watch TV. It's not necessarily a bad habit.

Thank you for your lots of info and i do appreciated.Oh yes i am really pleased and never ever expected to be better hearing that i never had in my whole life Unbelivable :D:D .It is been only 3 month since switch on so far and i have to be patience .I cannot wait one or two year time never know i will hear better .I do noticed that some actors from Tv have low tones voices and some weird accents like welsh, scottish and america ( slow speaking but loud n clear ;) ha .It is been a challenging listening .One day i went outside go to my car and i could hear my dog barking inside the house.I knew and recognise is my dog barking sound ,It is unbelievable i could hear my dog barking 20 feet away from my house .My dog is so bloody noisy,she sniffing lots like a pigs ( grunting ) LOL ,whining ,low growling .I do get some wow moment in some days .
Happy days
I miss my 3 month assentment cos i was ill so had to arranged another appointment .Here is the latest my cochlear audio graph chart :D
https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/598511_10151163880182713_2104137972_n.jpg 3 month

http://www.alldeaf.com/attachments/...716585-audiogram-ci-users-cochlea-implant.jpg
1 month from switch on
I was gobsmacked how much is had improved overall 3 month ,I am amazed i have better hearing than i was child .unbloodybeviable

Last edited:
Hi Eggyman, I'm scheduled to be fitted at the start of January with a AB Neptune. Your feedback really helps to give me confidence that I am making the right decision to go for the implant so thanks for this :)

keep up the reviews!

Hi Eggyman, I'm scheduled to be fitted at the start of January with a AB Neptune. Your feedback really helps to give me confidence that I am making the right decision to go for the implant so thanks for this :)

keep up the reviews!
Hello ,Hey no problem i like to shared my story ;) ,i wish u all the best for surgery and switch on ,Congraulation u picked AB good choice .Just remember u won't expected hear everything at 1st switch on so is will take time .Every one is different depend how much you willing to keep Ci on to learn new sound everyday.Listening to music oh my god !!!! it is fantastic and i couldn't believe how much i have missed listening music .You going to have exciting times ahead ;)
Any question u would like to ask ? I or someone in forum willing to help you if u have some concern ;)
cheerio ( open can beers )
have a good happy weekend

Back