christmas

Frisky Feline

Reaction score
I have to create a merry christmas rather than hearing some sad stories. Not that i can understand but i want to hear happy stories.

What is your best Christmas memory ever?

:fruit:

When I was a kid, my family had a red 1977 Chevy Impala wagon. If you know anything about this type of wagon, it had a 3rd row of seat. One time, all of us--my family, Grandparents, and some relatives bundled up in red wagon and looked at Christmas decoration. I was like maybe 3 or 4 years old. Oh the good old days!!!

As a child we didn't celebrate Christmas, but I remember the wonderful lights displays on the city streets. It was very elaborate, and it doesn't seem to be done so much anymore.

And in a cafeteria where my parents liked to eat, they had plum pudding with hard sauce. I read a lot of English children's books, so I was very happy during the Christmas season eating the plum pudding and pretending I was an English child. :)

My (oldest) daughters first christmas that we took her looking at lights she started to cry.We looked at her and said "what's wrong" "mommy the lights are so beautiful it makes me so happy." She was two 1/2. It was a tug at the heart strings moment. Kind of emotional in a good way :)

As a child we didn't celebrate Christmas, but I remember the wonderful lights displays on the city streets. It was very elaborate, and it doesn't seem to be done so much anymore.

And in a cafeteria where my parents liked to eat, they had plum pudding with hard sauce. I read a lot of English children's books, so I was very happy during the Christmas season eating the plum pudding and pretending I was an English child. :)

"Hard sauce"? Does that mean the sauce had alcohol in it?

"Hard sauce"? Does that mean the sauce had alcohol in it?

That too. You drench the plum pudding in ?rum? then light a match to it. There's some type of sweet sauce that you serve with it. I never ate it, but we had it every year that I can remember growing up.

Seeing the Christmas tree in the living room which Santa had decorated. My dad would put the lights on Christmas Eve, but Santa did the rest (no wonder my parents didn't want to be awaken till at least 5 am Christmas morning :D ).

My favorite memory is when I was a child and I asked for one of Santa's bells from his sleigh. Needless to say he gave me one of his bells, and it's still one of my fondest memories.

Another year I asked for a red ball. I got that too :) Apparently I was easy to please.

The funny thing is that this year, my youngest son asked for 2 green balls from Santa :lol:

I remember a few years ago, sitting in the driveway in a heavy snowstorm, drinking beers with my sister. It was after 2:00 am. So peaceful. Then a pickup truck came by, with two young guys being towed by ropes as the snowboarded. Then they were gone, and we resumed our peaceful time in lawn chairs, in deep and piling snow...

The beers did not really add anything to this, but they were part of it. Not sure we would have sat there otherwise, except she smoked cigs, and that doesn't happen inside where I live.

There's been so many, many wonderful Christmases in my life, it's hard to choose!...But one that does stand out, when I was about 7 or 8 years old and living with my grandfather, I asked Santa for a Hula-Hoop...that's all I wanted!

Being that my grandfather was elderly and a night watchman with little $$, and 3 other siblings that he took care of, I didn't expect anything, but I could wish!....

And on Xmas morning, to my surprise, there was a Hula-Hoop under the pine tree that we decorated with home-made ornaments! I was realllly happy.

sweet!! I was a little kid, and had 4 siblings. We all always play the bingo cards during christmas eve and christmas for years. It was the great memories i had. :) i hope that one of those days, we all siblings will get together and play the bingo cards again. wait and see.

Christmas parties at elementary school back in 80's was a blast. On last day of school before christmas vacation and new yrs, deaf classmates and I went to downtown and ate lunch. After, we opened presents with santa claus. GOOD TIMES! I got action figures and maybe a nerf football. I remember I always got excited b/c I made a christmas list I wanted for christmas so the teachers knew what I wanted and got them for me. Action figures,nerf football and other stuff. Just such a joy.

I think my most favorite Christmas was the year I was 8. My Uncle, Aunt and 4 cousins from Minnesota all showed up on our doorstep in Central Florida on Christmas Day. Seems they got into town the day before and wanted to surprise us. We had a little 12 X 60 single-wide mobile home and there were 5 in my family and we already had my Florida Grandparents there, so that made 7 in the house, then come the 6 from Minnesota to make 13. Just as we sat down to dinner, there was a knocking at the door. Well, add another 5 to the table as my Uncle and Aunt from Delaware and their 3 children, including the Vietnam War orphan they adopted.

So all in all, we had 18 at a table that only fit 6 on a good day. Luckily, this was in Florida, so we had great weather and used the picnic tables and card tables on the front patio. Both Uncles brought hams and fixings with them, so there was plenty of food. It was also a good mix of relatives as the ones from Minnesota and the grandparents were from my father's side of the family and the family from Delaware was from my mother's side of the family.

My favorite Christmas EVER... we had a HUGE family reunion in Singapore. All the extended family came from all around the world... there were family members coming from austrailia, china, Malaysia, England, US, Canada and south Africa! For me as a little kid meeting cousins/2nd cousins it was awesome! There was around 55 in all and it made for the most amazing holidays ever! :)

I have two favourite Christmas...

First, I am age 4. My stepfather adopt me, adoption finalise 22 December :) very happy time!

Second, Dallas me visit Australia one whole year. We spend Christmas day Dee Why Beach, barbecue, swim, drink, beautiful day. Just us...nobody else exist whole world. Most romantic day my life.

That would the Christmas I got a walk and taking doll named Winnie! I got her because I was ran over by a car. I was 4 yo and the doll was very real looking to me. I still have her ,she is 61 yo! I would love to get her fixed so I can give her to my granddaughter . The doll sang a song and at the end it said " I am so tried pick me up mommy."

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XPla0NLjdWA[/ame] here is one!

Spending Christmas with my wife's mom and grandmother 4 or 5 years ago. We sat by the fire reading the Christmas story abouth the birth of Jesus. Then we opened presents and ate a wonderful lunch. Next a nap! Both her mother and grandmother are gone now.

My childhood and Christmas times were so epic! I still remember millions of stars up there when I was probably six or so. Many ol' good memories I have. Much worthy to remember every moment! There is no way that I can forget so easy. :D

This year, it won't be so great Christmas, due to tight bills and still owe some money. I have nothing to buy anything for my family, which I feel really, really bad... but I can do only donations for shelters and poor families. I suppose that is so spiritual Christmas.

I will donate them very soon, maybe today or tomorrow or on 26th.

Had so many great Christmases. Cant think of a favorite one.

Back