Christmas shopping

Fo'Shizzle

Reaction score
Have you guys started on your christmas shopping yet? I know it's early but it doesn't hurt to start ahead.. If you are starting now what you getting for your family memebers? If not what you planning on getting your family? Just thought maybe we can share thoughts and ideas about this....I like to get mine done ahead of time since around x-mas is a pain!! and won't be able to get the stuff when it's out of stock, plus its sorta cheaper to buy now than at x-mas time :)

I'll go first, Im thinking about getting my family this,

Blue clues nite light
DVD player
DVD movies
Blues Clues bedspread
PSP

This is for a start, I got more shopping to do!! I'll list more as soon as I get more...

I have already got my christmas shopping in half way done.. I have put all the christmas toys in layaway till September 28, 2006.

I brought and put in layaway...

DVD portable
Vtech games (Bob the Builder, Dora the Explorer, Spongebob Squarepants)
Vtech controllers and box
Leapfrog laptop
Leapfrog games
John Deere tractor with remote controller
Playdoh (12 sets)
Books (ABC, shapes, Disneys, etc)
4 kids movies
20 Hot Wheels cars and trucks (it come with just 1 vehicle - good for stocking)

I am going to wait till in November - Black Friday, and will get clothes on that day.. Cause everything will be on sale big time a day after Thanksgiving.

Oy, Please don't remind me about Christmas already, haha! I mean, literally it's definitely a pocket burner *chuckles* It's because my youngest son's birthday and christmas is so close. Yeah what does that tell ya?

Leapfrog laptop???? Do you mean Leapster? That's what my son have and he LOVES it! I am going to get few more games! So far he got 5 or 6 of them. Pricey I know but who cares! Important for him to learn!

No I haven't start Christmas shopping! UGH! If I get a sitting job by now, I would start it now. Oh, well!

For my son's Xmas gift...
Move Thomas movie if I find one.
Games for Game Cube (Cars and other probably)
Games for his Leapster
Thomas stuff for his room (such as bedding, pillows, lamp)
Legos (i would add storage for it)
And few others if I find something cool.

For our dog:
Bones and treats and probably sweater! LOL!

For DHB I dunno yet.

For my Christmas wish:
Another Digital Camera
printer for pictures
I think that's all. Nothing fancy for me.

CrazyMomma said:
I have already got my christmas shopping in half way done.. I have put all the christmas toys in layaway till September 28, 2006.

I brought and put in layaway...

DVD portable
Vtech games (Bob the Builder, Dora the Explorer, Spongebob Squarepants)
Vtech controllers and box
Leapfrog laptop
Leapfrog games
John Deere tractor with remote controller
Playdoh (12 sets)
Books (ABC, shapes, Disneys, etc)
4 kids movies
20 Hot Wheels cars and trucks (it come with just 1 vehicle - good for stocking)

I am going to wait till in November - Black Friday, and will get clothes on that day.. Cause everything will be on sale big time a day after Thanksgiving.

oh yikes.. i'm not ready all that right now, first all, get school supplies and new clothes for kids. Matter of fact, usually start xmas shopping end of sept or first week of oct. Of course, Black Friday usually spend alots, which save my money big time.

SherryCherish said:
oh yikes.. i'm not ready all that right now, first all, get school supplies and new clothes for kids. Matter of fact, usually start xmas shopping end of sept or first week of oct. Of course, Black Friday usually spend alots, which save my money big time.

Yeah - The Black Friday is a big help when it has alot of merchandises on sale but the only downside of it is - It is hectic and too crowded in the stores and not to mention, the traffic on the street can get a bit rowdy.

Yikes!!!! thanks for reminding me.. I have 4 grown up kids and 9 grandkids... I do not know where to start!!

SxyPorkie :ugh2: :hyper:

Jolie_77 said:
Yeah - The Black Friday is a big help when it has alot of merchandises on sale but the only downside of it is - It is hectic and too crowded in the stores and not to mention, the traffic on the street can get a bit rowdy.

Yeah i know thats bad about it LOL, we usually go to alike Plaza, but alots deptment stores nearby, we just walking which is next to store. I always give all bags of shopping to my bf, so he can drop them off and move to other park. LOL

Yeah I felt that same thing cuz we tend get broke because of it! So best is little by little I guess. Last year we spent a bit too much but it was worth it to see my son happy. He got new TV with DVD player for 99 bucks, games for his Leapster, Game Cube with few games. I don't remember any else. So this year I'll try not to go overboard. I'll get what he LIKES to have.

LuciaDisturbed said:
I hate Christmas.

i havent start but i am plan to do that will buy some toys for my god daughter, other family i will make crafts and i will buy my bf too..

i havent started christmas shopping yet.. usually i will start in september.. :)

I would like to get my sisters some 14k earrings, maybe birthstone... Haven't made my mind up yet... We have a large family!!

Im thinking about getting my mother some more Zippy monkeys since she collects them and maybe one of them beauitful cases (dunno what you call them) to put her collections in! Maybe a bedspread that would match her bedroom.. She also wants this movie when it comes out, "Slient Hill"...

http://cgi.ebay.com/VINTAGE-TIPPY-A...ryZ20911QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I pasted the link if any of you don't know what zippy monkeys are....

My step father collects miltary things, swords, Dale Earnhardt Jr collections.Maybe wars and car racing games for Playstation 2....

I already got "some" done which isn't even close to be finish... I order some avon for stocking to suprise them, avon got neat stuff....

This is my wish list,

Camera ( the good kind )
Another computer (Laptop) Eventually we're getting one anyways! We got three now! Whoops! LOL
I want another German Dog, I love them, this time I want a newborn!! We got two now! Awesome dogs!! My friends boyfriend got her a newborn dog for $1400 I was like OMG it's expensive! JEEZ I can't afford $1400 dog! LOL I rather go save dogs then buying them... We saved two german shepards already! and they are damn good dogs!
I want my eyebrowns pierced! Unless I get it done on my birthday!

Most of all I want everyone to be heathly!! Thats important! :angel:

LuciaDisturbed said:
I hate Christmas.

AMEN!!!!!!!!!!

I never can afford to give anybody a gift and when someone gives me a gift i alway feel guilty. humbug!

LuciaDisturbed said:
I hate Christmas.

excuse me, Why you hate Christmas? I dont have problem with you but I am just curious. I dont like Halloween because it always lead my luck bad. I get terrible bad day on halloween.

ghsh1996 said:
excuse me, Why you hate Christmas? I dont have problem with you but I am just curious. I dont like Halloween because it always lead my luck bad. I get terrible bad day on halloween.

Christmas = excessive family drama

LuciaDisturbed said:
Christmas = excessive family drama

I understand. I respect you. No problem. I dont like anyone tell me good luck that I dont believe good luck. If anyone tell me good luck if I have something to try. My luck turn very bad. I warn them to not say good luck. My day dont turn bad if they dont say good luck.

LakeTahoe said:
Leapfrog laptop???? Do you mean Leapster? That's what my son have and he LOVES it! I am going to get few more games! So far he got 5 or 6 of them. Pricey I know but who cares! Important for him to learn!

No I haven't start Christmas shopping! UGH! If I get a sitting job by now, I would start it now. Oh, well!

For my son's Xmas gift...
Move Thomas movie if I find one.
Games for Game Cube (Cars and other probably)
Games for his Leapster
Thomas stuff for his room (such as bedding, pillows, lamp)
Legos (i would add storage for it)
And few others if I find something cool.

For our dog:
Bones and treats and probably sweater! LOL!

For DHB I dunno yet.

For my Christmas wish:
Another Digital Camera
printer for pictures
I think that's all. Nothing fancy for me.
tsk tsk ur bf can peek here what u buy for him.. becareful LOL!

I didnt say anything what to get for my DHB that's why I cannot say it!!! :giggle:

TweetyBird said:
tsk tsk ur bf can peek here what u buy for him.. becareful LOL!

Back