Christmas gift

Mrman

Reaction score
I want to get my girlfriend a gift for Christmas but I'm not sure what to do. I've never had a girlfriend during Christmas or their birthday so I've never gotten a girlfriend a gift before. -.-

By Christmas, we will have been together only a lil over a month, so I don't want something too expensive, but I feel like I need to get something special. I found this cute lil pink bear for $7. It's cute and I think she'd like it, but is $7 really enough? I think she'd like a stuff animal but I didn't know if that was enough. What do y'all think?

Also, she said she likes every color EXCEPT pink. That's another reason I don't think I should get it. How much money is too much at this point in a relationship?

No one will know you spent $7 on a gift. I assume this one is brand new and not used. You know what she likes. Go get them. :0). Enjoy the Holidays.

She's 17. I'm 18

Well I know people won't know how much I spent, I just don't know what she's getting me and I want her to feel like I got something equal to what she got me.

If she specified she hates pink, no matter the cost, I would say a pink present is a bad start to a relationship.

I think I can get a different color though, maybe baby blue. Should I get something else small with the bear?

I'm not sure if a doll is a good idea. Does she like bears? Does she like toys?

I've found no use for dolls from lovers, so they are thrown away / given to children when possible.

Same deal with cards. They're useless afterwards, and they clutter my desk or wall. So I end up throwing them away even though it makes me feel guilty because someone spent a few bucks getting it.

I like gifts that are edible or small...
Maybe you can make her a decorated cookie or buy her some cute earrings with her color.

There must be a gift that would help you to get to know her better.

She says she had a lot of stuffed animals and she likes them. I'm still not sure if it's a good idea to get her another since she has them already. But I'm planning on getting her some of her favorite candy with whatever else I get her.

cool t shirt under 10 bucks ?? im a huge fan of t shirt. either target or kohls store. unless your parents or friends are member of kohls then ask them to take t shirt that would more likely costs you for under 8 bucks with their member of discount prices. good luck.

I notice some girls have an interest in things associated with older girls, when I was in high school, a department store gift card enclosed in a heartfelt kind of card sufficed. Use your imagination.

Okay, she's not too old ;) usually a stuffed animal is cute for Valentines Day, if you haven't been with the girl long. if she doesn't like pink, don't go getting her something pink lol. Does she collect anything? An addition to a collection probably wouldn't that expensive. Jewelry is always a winner, and it doesn't have to be expensive either, silver is not too pricey. Perfume, girls like getting things a man would like to see her wearing.

Get her a spa kit...:) So she can pamper herself.

I am with ambrosia...I think a silver bracelet is a great idea. They don't cost very much plus if you continue to see each other you can add more charms for future holidays.

Except she's not a girly girl though. She doesn't really wear jewelry or paint her nails and all that stuff. I would just ask one of my lady friends except most the things they would want are things she doesn't care about.

I'm not sure if she collects anything, maybe.

Is she into sports? If so, maybe u could get a game ticket to one of her favorite team or something like that?

At the end of the day the $$ don't matter... Who care's if it's $2 or $10? As the cliche says "It's the thought that counts"

Getting something that she has an interest in is always winner...
If she's into astrology, get her something with her starsign
If she's into animals, get a picture or something of her fav animal.

I know its a bit hard when you've only been going out for a month, you don't know each other very well...

There are other gifts you can get.
For example, my BFF's (Best Friend Forever - yes I am almost 30yrs and yes I will use this term hahaha) birthday was the other week and I had NO IDEA what to get her... So I decided to buy tickets for me, her and her gf to go on a tunnels tour of a local prison (prison ovbiously not in use anymore) and out for dinner after.

Was the BEST birthday she EVER had (so she says) YAY ME!

So maybe something like that? Take her to dinner, organise a picnic. Doesn't have to always be a keep sake or such.

Why don't you you her the bear and do something else nice? Like cook her dinner and rent a few movies. It shows that you really care about her through nice actions, and you won't have to spend a ton of money :)

I like all the suggestions, and would like to add my own. What about a picture frame? Even us tomboys like stuff like that. Then put your favorite picture of you two in it, or take one together right after she opens it so that she'll have one to put in there. I also like the idea of a sports related gift, or a funny t-shirt.

do she like animals or have some intrest in charity problems,you could get stuffed furry thing that represents that...i bought little furry leapord from the charity for my daughter the money went to world wide life charity...she see you care about things around they also send a little info with it all done fancy xmas stuff

Back