ChicagoBlue...Mark

Status
Not open for further replies.
Might be suicide by overdose, with the heater becoming a factor after the drugs took effect?

I understand that he had gas canister in apartment. He kept stove running and then went to sleep. His clothes were all over his room.

Also note that this happened just right after Valentine Day. Maybe it had something to do with not getting a date for Valentine Day. I last talked to him on Feb. 8.

Could it have been started by the other guy? Then spread to Mark's and he didn't wake up because he didn't have the smoke alarm with a flashing light yet?

I understand that he had gas canister in apartment. He kept stove running and then went to sleep. His clothes were all over his room.

Well, it would be hard to interpret that as suicide because he could have just forgotten to turn off the stove or left it on to keep the apartment warm. IMO a more apparent sign of suicide is if he put his head in the stove or lit his body on fire. Anyway I'm sure the FBI will have a more conclusive story.

It's too bad when you consider that he had just moved in.

I know he liked to cook late at night/early morning....maybe making french fries. Hopefully he just fell asleep and forgot the stove was on. Probably best to wait to see what the final reports are and hope this whole thing was just a horrible accident.

My condolences go out to his family. I got a kick out of his details during his outings. :(

I'm speechless. Impossible. my condolences go with his family.

I know he liked to cook late at night/early
morning....maybe making french fries. Hopefully he just fell asleep and forgot the stove was on. Probably best to wait to see what the final reports are and hope this whole thing was just a horrible accident.

That had crossed my mind. Wait from the final report. I don't think the isn't suicide. Just freak accident. :(

I am so sad to hear this tragic news , I was going to PM CB to see if he was OK b/c he had not posted for awhile . I will miss seeing all of his photos he took great pride in showing to us. RIP Mark :( I am in shocked reading this. I just can't believe Mark is gone , I am going to miss reading about all this travel .

I don't understand why it's unidentfied guy in news.

That is often the way it is handled until the authorities have been able to inform the family. It is to keep them have having the shock of finding out first from TV, radio or newspaper.

I am speechless and shocked. Unbelievable.

I know that I was hard on Mark a few times before, but I feel so lousy about it.

My sincere condolences to his family during the most difficult circumstances.

I met owner of building tonight. I had originally hoped that it was an accident. However, it looks more like this was suicidal move. FBI is involved in this. They've not put all facts together yet. I'm sure that we'll know soon enough what they find out.

I am curious.. Why is FBI involved in this? Why not Chicago Fire Dept handling it? I just wonder.

Last edited:
Oh my. I been reading through threads, and it looks the fire was exactly one week after he was posting about visual smoke detectors........and worrying about it at a later date. That's just........wow.

I wouldn't wish this on my worst enemy. Terrible. RIP

I just got in to learn about the tragedy of the fire at the apartment. My condolence to his family out of town and friends that he shared with in the other apartment before he moved out to his new apartment. That is really terrible. I hate that when someone died. Rest In Peace, Mark.

Remember we had another AD member who died in her own apartment, too. I forget her name as it was a long time since she passed. :(

I am curious.. Why is FBI involved in this? Why not Chicago Fire Dept handling it? I just wonder.

I read they are treating it as a possible crime scene.......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back