Cheated and used

So we had a talk and I learned a lot....when we first met, she was currently on a break with her other man. He was not too great in returning his emotions to her so she found that in me. Eventually things improved with her and Adam and she wants him...and she wants to go back to him.

....I seriously can't believe this. This feels so screwed up, I can't understand how I lost this so badly. I am still stunned, I didn't really say much and wasn't sure how to react.

If she want to go back to Adam then let her. Don't keep her. Let her learn her mistake. You said Adam is no good right? Most likey she will eventually break up with Adam.

Not much you can do. Just have to respect her decision and move on. At least she told you honestly and you are not left wondering and in a bad situation.

Have you asked her yourself?

That's how a lot of relationships often end... because one person "heard" something and took it for granted.

I feel for you- I know it really sucks to feel like this. Nothing hurts you more then having someone tell you they gonna try someone else .

My response used to be you are always welcome to come back till I got married.

I feel for you- I know it really sucks to feel like this. Nothing hurts you more then having someone tell you they gonna try someone else .

My response used to be you are always welcome to come back till I got married.

Thanks radioman, I'm glad you responded as it seems you can relate. I cannot focus on anything, I feel absolutely miserable, its overwhelming. This is the worst, I had mutual break ups, break ups on either end....those did not have that much of an effect because we saw that there were problems that could not be worked out and realized its better to just leave it.

There were no issues going on between us that caused this split up. :cry: It's simply that...well, I'm just not that good enough for her compared to the other guy..

Thanks radioman, I'm glad you responded as it seems you can relate. I cannot focus on anything, I feel absolutely miserable, its overwhelming. This is the worst, I had mutual break ups, break ups on either end....those did not have that much of an effect because we saw that there were problems that could not be worked out and realized its better to just leave it.

There were no issues going on between us that caused this split up. :cry: It's simply that...well, I'm just not that good enough for her compared to the other guy..

If she happens to break up with this guy, you do have the option to not welcome her back. Destiny is on your side.

I'm miserable myself. I wonder if my girlfriend loves me. I can see where you are coming from and I sympathy with you.

My dear friend Illuminator, I want to first give you a hug and whisper to you to remember You are an amazing man. I know this recent news must have caused you real, physical pain. After all you have done to try to make things wonderful for this girl, it appears your affections will not be returned. She is certainly the loser here, but I know that doesn't matter at this point. You must be spinning with confusion and self doubt. Please. Please take some deep breaths. I want to try to explain something to you. You know now that this Adam character did not return her affections, so they broke apart. Then she meets you, and you my friend are amazing in the lengths you went to and thoughtfulness you gave this girl. You did everything RIGHT! you are one of the "good guys". Now I believe that Adam found out she was dating a real man, one who wanted to show how much he appreciated her, and being the immature individual I just sense he is. He thru a little attention her way and she went running back, which I am afraid proves she is also not mature or the right person for you! I ask that you take a moment to look at the situation, as painful as it is, with "reality" as opposed to "pretending". Stay with me here please ! The reality of your situation is that this girl never really left Adam emotionally. You were simply so wonderful she took all you offered. She was immature, a user and worst if she truly has been in Love with this Adam the entire time, she committed emotional infedelity. Do you really want some one like that? I know you couldn't possibly. Here's the hard part but I want to help you as much as I can..because i care about you. You have been "pretending" we all do it. Not looking at a situation as it really is but as we wish it were. I hope you understand this. It happens all the time. Some people even get engaged and married "pretending" the relationship is perfect. Not looking at the reality of any situation cheats you
out of so much. You my dear friend have suffered so, the truth is when she told you "you were such a wonderful man" she was really leaving a door open, just in case Adam acted up again, which he will, i'm sure. How sad for them..they deserve one another. You deserve a woman who walks with grace and dignity, a woman who will see the reality of who you are. Don't let this make you sick or weak or self doubting, please. I can assure you when you meet a woman who looks at the reality of things, your caring and thoughtfulness will be returned immediately, and if you give your self some time (maybe to reread all the support your getting from your friends here) and let go of what would have never made you happy, you have to see that if you really look at the reality, smiling, I know you will find her. Just take some time to know exactly whats important to you, no more "pretending" about anything. You will find life so rich and full of people who know about the importance of reality, because we all have had to learn the lesson. Some choose to keep on pretending, but I'm betting you won't be one of them !
Another hug for you now. Smiling, the pain will pass in time and I just know you are gonna finally meet the woman you deserve. This time you will see her clearly and you will be amazed by that reality. We are a caring bunch here
stay with us..join in again..and accept the reality life shows us all. I remain,
your friend...Midnight♥♥♥ you can talk to me anytime, i promise to answer when I can... Just Let it Be....smile

MidnightSun....I don't know what to say, I really don't. You are a gem and a gift to us all...I appreciate your advice so much.

If this site gave out some sort of awards or something, you would definitely be a recipient. Your compassion and wisdom leave me struck with wonder...

MidnightSun....I don't know what to say, I really don't. You are a gem and a gift to us all...I appreciate your advice so much.

If this site gave out some sort of awards or something, you would definitely be a recipient. Your compassion and wisdom leave me struck with wonder...

It seems like those who give excellent advice have already seen or been part of dark side you are experiencing. There is really nothing I can say at this point except time will mostly heal all wounds and you WILL look back on this knowing its thee background experience you have gotten that will make you who you are now.

my personal I am not trust to worth ex gf is very lie, I don't trust to fool or play games

I remove it old my past I am single

you must to truth and trust to relationship and

Don't be screw up on yourself or argue to upset relationship abuse? not good

that is why serious!

"you don't need a angry u need just calm down, and oh my gosh again? Oh I see u have problem with her many times sight I'm agree with you go focus on ur life :) otherwise friends :)

exactly my friends is very good otheriwse friends :)
I don't play game fool or around social!

wipe clean up my mind!

It seems like those who give excellent advice have already seen or been part of dark side you are experiencing. There is really nothing I can say at this point except time will mostly heal all wounds and you WILL look back on this knowing its thee background experience you have gotten that will make you who you are now.

Very well said Radioman. It's true, these experiences do have an effect on shaping the person's perspectives...and yes, time will eventually iron this one out.

my personal I am not trust to worth ex gf is very lie, I don't trust to fool or play games

I don't play game fool or around social!

wipe clean up my mind!

I agree dragonman. When I last met her she still wanted to be friends with me...how could I??? Like really, you already used me like that and now you want to keep the door open to possibly use me again in the future? Yes, that would be fools game. The trust and honesty I once had for her can never be restored...

I agree dragonman. When I last met her she still wanted to be friends with me...how could I??? Like really, you already used me like that and now you want to keep the door open to possibly use me again in the future? Yes, that would be fools game. The trust and honesty I once had for her can never be restored...

You know the Chinese Proverb-

"Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me."

http://fc02.deviantart.com/fs16/f/2007/194/d/3/sweet_nothings_by_Bob_Rz.jpg

I stumbled upon this one and it reminded me of this thread.
That's how a lot of deaf women I know (especially at RIT).

They sit there describing the men they would date and the men they wouldn't date.

What happens next? They go after the men they said they wouldn't date.

Then they run away whining that they were physically/verbally abused, neglected, etc (even though they knew those men already had a history)... or get themselves knocked up (with the man leaving them or refusing to support them).

sorry to hear that...she totally sucks. At least you didn't have to go through divorce with her on that but yeah these things happen...take your time and enjoy yourself...eventually, you'll find someone who dont fuck you up.

Ouch!! Yeah, that's me alright, in cartoon edition :S

I still don't get why a lot of women do this...

Been there. and my trust in women has decreased since then. (no offense to any women here lol)

Back