Cheap webhosting/domain???

gnarlydorkette

Reaction score
Fellow webmaster/mistresses,
could you throw your eyes forward--

I am looking for a cheap and reliable website that provides a domain and webspace... I am not sure how much of space I would need-- probably not much since it will be a business website but at same time, my business partner and I could use the extra webspace for images to be uploaded and posted.

So any suggestions or feedback or "word of mouth" would be greatly appreciated!

NOW-- lemme know if my searches have been fruitful-- I found lunarpages.com with Shuttle Plan-- $7.95 monthly, 800MB, 40GB bandwidth (if signing up for a year) and getting a new domainname for 14.95$ (unless own a domain already *which we haven't*)

powerhoster.com, $5.57, 300MB, 2GB bandwidth...

which is a better deal? Or unless you can beat those deals. ;-)

THANKS FOR YOUR HELP AND TIME TO READ! Swifty answers would be nice, given the fact that we would like to start up the website for people to get into touch with us within two weeks (got my htmlcodes, layout and everything ready-- just no domainname to back it up)

You might want to do host searches at www.webhostingtalk.com From what I can see, LunarPages is one of the most reputable and trusted hosting providers out there.

Good luck.

Edit: I suggest getting a domain name through GoDaddy.com You're better off managing your domain name(s) there, and their customer service is superb! Last time I checked, .com domain names were going for $6.95 each at GoDaddy. :thumb:

Umm about the host for or using the website. I learn as for myself include other people that discuss about this one. When you visit their website that offer the host. If their website is respond fast or slow, then it can be good to you? Also, is that import for your website up on 24 hours per day or you don't mind if the website went down for temporany. Also look at their offer or feature that can use on the website such as programmming language. Thats all I can think..

I know this thread is quietly old but i want to add...

i use www.powweb.com for my several clients websites. it is great value and reliability with 2000 mbs storage, 5gb/day traffic, free domain setup and etc.

7.77 dollars per month

check www.powweb.com

Cheap prices mean Cheap Service!

Cheap includes : many downtimes, easy hacking, gazillions of popups, annoying watermarks, poor customer service, FTP anomolies, and many other webmaster nightmares.

Richard

Nesmuth said:
Cheap prices mean Cheap Service!

Cheap includes : many downtimes, easy hacking, gazillions of popups, annoying watermarks, poor customer service, FTP anomolies, and many other webmaster nightmares.

Richard

you mean powweb.com is cheap too ? if you meant that, probably u haven't tried that and i have this powweb.com service for 4 years. i m satisfied with its service very much so are my clients.

What I said was cheap is cheap. I didnt say who is cheap.

Richard

Diskspace and Bandwidth costs are going down all the time. I've had both good and bad experience with low cost webhosts, predominantly good. It really depends on the people involved, I'd weigh that along with the cost. You may get what you pay for, but there's overpaying and finding good deals to consider too.

PeteEMT said:
Diskspace and Bandwidth costs are going down all the time. I've had both good and bad experience with low cost webhosts, predominantly good. It really depends on the people involved, I'd weigh that along with the cost. You may get what you pay for, but there's overpaying and finding good deals to consider too.

All depends on what you want with your site. I am definately not the cheapest in hosting providers, probably considered more expensive than most. I'm happy with that and my clients are happy with that. It allows us to have less customers per server and allocate more resources per client. It also affords us the ability to have ample staff on hand to assist our clients when needed.

If you have a hobby site with just a few pics, etc then go with a hosting provider that is cheap and you don't mind downtime or delay in support. When it comes to your business, though, why would you skimp. My cheapest plan is $7.95 a month...The cost of 2 Big Macs a month. Is it worth it?

Back